FORD FIESTA questions and answers

FORD Fiesta

Ask and answer questions on a variety of FORD FIESTA models. Help and advice on everything FORD FIESTA. Feel free to ask and answer as many FORD-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest FORD FIESTA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

gordon, East Ayrshire

hi I have a fiesta flame 54plate 1.4 petrol when I put the heater blower on fumes start filling up in the car can anyone help me

Submitted: 24/08/2015 11:28:08 | ID: 120253

mike, South Africa

Hi, While engine was running cut out for no apparent reason. Fuel tank full, battery fully charged fuses okay friend reckoned when I took the battery out to charge overnight he reckoned computer had memory loss, tried bypass key still nothing also no current from battery to starter motor lights, indicators etc. all working when ignition is switched on. yours Mike.

Submitted: 22/08/2015 11:14:50 | ID: 120167

sharon, Brazil

I was driving home from work, my 2011 ford fiesta, just stopped. I crank the car up and it started driving slow. The car turn off on me several time, before I Could make it home. No indicators light came on.

Submitted: 21/08/2015 23:40:45 | ID: 120148

j.Constantine, Cumbria

This car is an 08 model with a 1.4 petrol engine registered 59 with 32,000miles on the clock. What seems like petrol fumes is coming in the cab. I can't see anything obvious, but I was wondering if the injector seals are a known problem like they are on the 1.4 diesel, or should I be looking elsewhere.

Submitted: 16/08/2015 22:26:39 | ID: 119893

Roger, East Sussex

I've got a 2003 ford fiesta finesse 1.3 does it have a cam belt or timing chain

Could you tell me if its cam belt or timing chain Roger from East Sussex

chain martin from Essex

Submitted: 07/08/2015 00:44:06 | ID: 119440

Andy, Essex

My wife's fiesta a 53 plate Flame, the high level brake light isn't working I have changed the bulb and checked fuses which are ok any ideas please, Thank you.

Submitted: 29/07/2015 18:24:44 | ID: 119095

Karen, Aberdeenshire

Just bought a 1 litre Zetec S, 2014 yesterday from a franchised dealership. Car runs fine, but when trying to start engine (key ignition), it sometimes turns the engine over and other times it turns over and dies? Any ideas? Garage came out did a diagnostic test which showed no faults -but same issue intermittently?? Had to hold the key in the ignition in order to keep engine turning over to reverse car out of drive so caould swap for one that works!!

Submitted: 25/07/2015 20:07:32 | ID: 118899

andrew mcdonald, West Yorkshire

how to replace brake light switch

Submitted: 22/07/2015 11:53:15 | ID: 118750

daniel leon naranjo, United States of America

with the car running, and a/c on, it blows cold, then warm when coming to a stop. as long as im driving it it blows cold

Submitted: 22/07/2015 04:18:54 | ID: 118746

Hollie, Cambridgeshire

I have another 2 questions about my Ford Fiesta, Zetec 1.4 2005 reg. Firstly are the hazard lights mean't to flash when I lock it? As mine don't, they only flash when opening the car. Second question when I pull the wiper lever towards the steering wheel to wash the windscreen the water only sprays the wipers don't go at the same time. Is it mean't to be like that or is there a problem? Thanks.

Submitted: 21/07/2015 19:57:41 | ID: 118738

BILL, Merseyside

have rattling sound when mobile, seems to be from underneath front but cant see anything obvious,like something has come loose, only starts at 30/40 mph. anyone any idea.

Submitted: 21/07/2015 09:16:15 | ID: 118713

Hollie, Cambridgeshire

I brought a Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4, 2005 plate about 2 weeks ago. I noticed when my husband reversed it into the drive the right side reversing light was not working. I took it to Halfords to get the bulb replaced, assuming that was the problem. They said that some cars only have one reversing light. The reversing light is one side and the back fog light is on the other side. Does anyone know if this type of Fiesta does only have one reserving light? Many thanks for any help given.

I have the same problem and now it appears that this model does only have one reversing light on the left hand side. Makeda from Greater London

Submitted: 13/07/2015 18:55:43 | ID: 118423

davie gee, Cumbria

2007 1.25 fiesta. rattle/knock on revving or accelerating when cold. clears when warm ?????????

Submitted: 02/07/2015 22:04:12 | ID: 117972

davie gee, Cumbria

I have a rattle/knock from the engine on revving or accelerating when cold. it clears when warm???????

Submitted: 02/07/2015 21:58:20 | ID: 117971

caz, Wiltshire

Is a back windscreen wiper motor the same on 02 plate fiesta as a 52 plate fiesta?

Submitted: 01/07/2015 15:14:53 | ID: 117892

Francis, Northamptonshire

No ticking warning sound when direction indicators are operating, indicators all operate ok. What could cause this problem?

Submitted: 27/06/2015 09:12:27 | ID: 117762

Peter, Greater Manchester

When I am going down a hill and using the brakes a noise starts like a slapping, it seems to get quite loud and then when the road becomes level the noise goes away after a while. I have mentioned this when the car has been serviced but they can't hear the noise on a level road.

Submitted: 20/06/2015 22:31:39 | ID: 117465

spencer, East Sussex

can you remove drivers seat without setting off airbag

If it's a mk6 fiesta yes 4 torx bolts size 50 ?? Dexter from Falkirk

Submitted: 16/06/2015 21:39:39 | ID: 117302

spencer, East Sussex

can you remove drivers seat without setting off the airbag

Submitted: 16/06/2015 21:37:38 | ID: 117301

Morven grace, Fife

Fiesta titanium 1.4 fiesta 2009 alarm activates at night in morning it says alarm activated boot open. Boot is securely shut. Had to disconnect the horn as neighbours complaining at the moment!! Please help. Tried greasing and wd40 on boot latch

Submitted: 14/06/2015 12:53:48 | ID: 117180

bruce, North Yorkshire

I have just bought one of these and at present it has 74,000 on the clock can someone tell me when the cam belt needs changing please ???,much appreciated

what year is the car and what engine????? spencer from East Sussex

Submitted: 08/06/2015 12:33:01 | ID: 116950

ken, Dumfries and Galloway

how to change the alternator

Submitted: 06/06/2015 16:23:35 | ID: 116873

gavin visagie, South Africa

2006 ford fiesta 1.6.no dash and numberplate lights.checked fuse and not blown.had a bad battery.changed to new battery

Submitted: 06/06/2015 13:43:12 | ID: 116863

fred, Derbyshire

the trip and mpg keeps resetting to zero clock goes back to 1 o clock date back to 11 04 07 any ideas why ford garage diagnostics say it will not talk to there diagnostic machine ?

Submitted: 06/06/2015 11:58:21 | ID: 116860

jess, Devon

Hi my steering wheel blocks my view of the speedo is there anything I can do?

Yes. You can either alter the steering wheel or heighten or lower the seat if its a 2006 model. I did all that now its perfect. Kenneth from Tyne and Wear

Submitted: 28/05/2015 20:05:50 | ID: 116571

Lewis, Kent

Can't get it started something it dose start but only on 3 cylinders I have changed coil pack and plugs any one got any ideas please

Submitted: 24/05/2015 16:10:44 | ID: 116408

Danielle, Nottinghamshire

My partner`s 04 Ford Fiesta has recently started jumping whilst being driven. He says it's literally like a kangaroo! Does anyone have any idea what has caused this or what could be causing it? He's getting a mechanical friend to view the car asap but just in case the car needs to go under a bigger inspection I wondered if anyone on here knew anything about this?

Submitted: 18/05/2015 20:17:36 | ID: 116196

lynn walker, Leicestershire

A lock light has come on the dashboard, even when I have locked up the car it is still on?

Submitted: 18/05/2015 09:24:55 | ID: 116174

starkey_a@sky.com, Staffordshire

Went to view a car with an oil leak at bottom of the engine, nothing visible from top of the engine. Also engine management light is on. What`s the problem with it?

Submitted: 14/05/2015 20:35:46 | ID: 116045

Alan Bruce, Moray

How do I find the dimmer switch for the panel speedo and rev counter light? My side and headlamps work ok but I have NO speedo or rev counter light. Think if I can find the dimmer switch it be turned off. Please can anyone help, if so many thanks

Submitted: 04/05/2015 14:26:00 | ID: 115556

sharone, Zimbabwe

My ford fiesta finesse diesel engine has been running well despite that it leaks oil.today I parked it like on u eve ground while I was at work I thought I saw something like oil undsr the car though I was not sure whether it was my car leaking. When I tried to start the the engine would sound but the car would not start my workmates said maybe its an air lock what could be the problem

Submitted: 28/04/2015 20:03:09 | ID: 115337

Chelsea, West Midlands

My Ford Fiesta 2002 needs help. I need to unblock my Ford Fiesta 2002 stereo, blocked 13 times, I`ve tried everything to unblock the stereo.

Submitted: 22/04/2015 17:21:38 | ID: 115064

Wayne Gorman, Middlesex

I have a Ford Fiesta Finesse and had an Injector leak. The issue was dealt with my a garage, initially after a few hours idle the car would not start, i had to prime the lines to get the car to start, i had to do this a a couple of times. This morning i had the same issue and now the car will not start at all. Any ideas? Cheers

Submitted: 19/04/2015 12:04:00 | ID: 114922

macwhinnie, Herefordshire

just bought the used car how do you get to open the bonnet . thank you.

Passenger side footwell jay from Nottinghamshire

Passenger side footwell jay from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 18/04/2015 17:15:40 | ID: 114874

mr wardell, Kent

My car will not start I thought the key code had gone but had it checked it is ok the red immobiliser is the only light that is on my dash board.would could be wrong please

Submitted: 18/04/2015 08:42:58 | ID: 114863

Chris, Northamptonshire

Hi all. I have two electrical problems I need help with, both have been driving me nuts for a year now. First; my door warning light has always been on since I changed my lighter fuse a year ago. I have put the car into service mode and all four doors and boot send a signal showing that they are working. I have been told that the bonnet may have a sensor, I looked and found a wire but not sure if it`s what I need, could be the release cable. This problem affects more than the light because the lights always on my battery have low voltage which causes my dash to rest which knocks my clock out every time I start the car. My indicator lights don't flash any more when I lock the car and I cannot have my interior light set to 'on' as the light will always stay on. Second; my speedo is forever cutting out. Sometimes it will just be the speedo that goes off for a few minutes, other times it will go off with the odometer which can last over a week. I know for a fact that it`s the speed sensor as the car does not have ABS, however I have tried to remove the old sensor but the pin holding it in is so rusted and jammed that it cannot be removed. I`ve been told that the gearbox can be taken out and the pin drilled out but I`m not paying garage prices for that. My engine light has been on three times for the speedo and I could clear it with a fault code reader but now this time it will not clear. So two warning lights on. Any advice please?

Submitted: 16/04/2015 14:08:24 | ID: 114785

comfort, South Africa

What causes oil to come out of a breather pipe? the engine stalls and has got no power.

Submitted: 12/04/2015 10:15:07 | ID: 114609

L Wilson, West Midlands

I have a knocking noise coming front the when i am driving

Submitted: 31/03/2015 19:21:32 | ID: 114137

Lyn Wilmot, Cardiff

why does a red alarm bell shape keep coming up on my fiesta

Submitted: 29/03/2015 15:07:39 | ID: 114041

Lesley, Oxfordshire

Does. Anyone know where the heater resistor is located on the 2007 model?

Submitted: 28/03/2015 15:24:57 | ID: 113987