FORD FIESTA questions and answers

Ask and answer questions on a variety of FORD FIESTA models. Help and advice on everything FORD FIESTA. Feel free to ask and answer as many FORD-related questions as you wish.

Contract hire image

Below are the latest FORD FIESTA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Collins, France

Hi this main sound stupid , I cannot switch my lights off , tried the stick all ways on the side next to the steering wheel , so when I am stationary and driving I have lights on permanently , thank you if you can help . When the is off it goes out but with engine started lights are on perminently . I am worried that it is going to run the battery down and to make matters worse I have the bonnet stuck closed

Submitted: 06/02/2016 10:33:33 | ID: 127203

Thabiso, South Africa

Battery sign is showing on the dash board. Battery is hardly a year old. Could it be the alternator?

Submitted: 02/02/2016 13:54:46 | ID: 127040

p kelly, West Midlands

n/s headlight height adjuster motor will not switch off. what can I do?

Submitted: 26/01/2016 12:02:14 | ID: 126725

Clifty, Nottinghamshire

Hi ive gt a 1.6 ford fiesta 2008 ive bought sum new headlight off a 2015 registers car plugs on back ov headlights are different is there any plug converter to convert my 2015 lights to fit a 2008 wiring loom

Submitted: 19/01/2016 20:06:00 | ID: 126401

mataylor, Leicestershire

I have just removed my car battery in 2010 auto petrol for charging up away from the car,but when re connecting when fully charged will i have to enter any codes into the radio etc

yes you probably will.. but if it is the original unit in the car, the code should be easy to find online without the need to go to Ford.. assuming you have lost the code ! R Evans from Caerphilly

Submitted: 16/01/2016 21:22:24 | ID: 126269

mataylor, Leicestershire

When removing battery for charging up do you have to enter any codes into the radio etc or does the car remember all the info in its computer

Submitted: 16/01/2016 21:02:23 | ID: 126265

David, Essex

I am changing headlights and dip beams every two - three months on average. Is this normal, or is there something I can do to remedy this (no technical answers please - I am not a gear-head) ??

Submitted: 16/01/2016 09:18:04 | ID: 126227

John, Devon

Can you help what colour wire go to the reversing light and the earth colour wire on a Ford Fiesta 2013 1000cc rear wiring loom Cheers John

Submitted: 13/01/2016 15:16:33 | ID: 126045

Jayne, Gwynedd

My car alarm has been randomly going off? It says when I get into the vehicle "alarm triggered, please check vehicle" than it says "bonnet open"?? Anyone know what's happening and what I can do please!!

Jayne, sounds like the alarm system is confused.. you might have a failing bonnet switch, but it could be the alarm electronics itself.. have an auto electrician do some tests. R Evans from Caerphilly

Submitted: 04/01/2016 07:42:44 | ID: 125508

Tina ortega, United States of America

My 2014 fiesta wont start . Why? The radio and lights work

Submitted: 02/01/2016 06:03:00 | ID: 125411

Frank, Essex

Radio sometimes switches off when engine running. Radio display also affected at same time. Why ?

Submitted: 30/12/2015 19:52:28 | ID: 125333

Kevin, Essex

2003 fiesta. When revving up at 5000 rpm the car runs lumpy. I have changed the catalytic converter, put in new spark plugs, new core pack, new ignition leads, crank shaft sensor, air flow sensor, new filters all round, all new oil. I don't know what else it can be, any ideas/suggestions gratefully received

Submitted: 25/12/2015 12:50:33 | ID: 125125

john gavaghan, Surrey

1998 fiesta ghia......temperature gauge permently on red, fan not working, car heater hot only...........is this a faulty engine control unit or is it responding to wrong info from for example a thermostat.........

Submitted: 20/12/2015 13:48:54 | ID: 124919

damon, West Yorkshire

Hello my passenger side low beam wont work ive checked fuses and relays and there all good can you help thanks

Submitted: 17/12/2015 15:22:17 | ID: 124797

trichel, United States of America

My 2012 Ford Fiesta will not crank sometimes when I turn the key and it is making a knocking sound under the dash near the heater core.

Submitted: 15/12/2015 15:37:31 | ID: 124730

desan, South Africa

i have a huge power loss on this car went i start to climb a hill or wen changing gears especially from 2 to 3 it has no power, it gets so bad that i have to drop my gear right down to 3 from 5

Submitted: 14/12/2015 17:40:43 | ID: 124691

Howell, United States of America

My radio will not work on my Ford Fiesta. The control panel works but only for the menu. I've changed the fuses disconnected the battery, nothing works. Please help!

Submitted: 14/12/2015 09:19:32 | ID: 124667

George, South Yorkshire

What type of Castrol engine oil should I use please

Submitted: 11/12/2015 15:06:10 | ID: 124601

Frank, Australia

I have a 2013 Fiesta It has no spare tyre (but has a place to put one). Does anyone know where I might get a spare tyre ? 4 x 100 (manufactured in Thailand)

at the ford dealer, that's were I bought my cap. Craig from United States of America

Submitted: 05/12/2015 08:53:41 | ID: 124365

Frank, Australia

Have a 2013 Fiesta No petrol cap required, However, I'd like to get one. Any one know where ?

Submitted: 05/12/2015 08:50:17 | ID: 124364

Frank, Australia

Just bought 2013 Fiesta CL (Thailand) It has no radiator/coolant temperature gauge. Does the software allow 'temperature reading' to be displayed ?

Submitted: 05/12/2015 08:47:40 | ID: 124363

claire, Lincolnshire

Hi can anyone help me please I have a 52 plate fiesta.The temp gauge keeps raising between half and three quarters the light has come on briefly.When I park up it won't start for 15 minutes .I've checked coolant levels that's all fine.Thank you

Submitted: 22/11/2015 19:39:43 | ID: 123851

vince, Greater London

why has fords stop making new 1.4 ford fiestas

Submitted: 12/11/2015 17:27:42 | ID: 123429

Brenda, Essex

Hi, I have 2006 ford fiesta climate, which I`ve only had a few weeks . when I turn the lights on second click it has a full beam (blue) light on the dash showing and I only want normal headlights . does any one know why and what to do please?

Submitted: 09/11/2015 17:34:10 | ID: 123335

john gavaghan, Surrey

fiesta ghia 1998 1.24 petrol..........petrol gauge always on red top of gauge replaced and switched on ignition and needle on gauge goes upto hot.........what is your analysis is it wiring fault or printed circuit fault.........fords no help old car and old owmer..............thank you john......

i have 1998 1.2 fiesta ghia........temp gauge permanent on max hot.......heater on hot..........garage said its the computer and printed circuit unit............after of head scratching............thats there analysis cant do anything to fix it too expsensive........I,m oap.....would like to know what help you get john gavaghan from Surrey

Submitted: 06/11/2015 13:16:11 | ID: 123218

Julia, West Midlands

Hi folks, Have just been driving at 50mph, and the Rev counter beeped once with possibly a small red light flashing for a fraction of a second somewhere next to 4. It beeped a couple more times with about 1.5-2 min intervals, although it looked like the Red light moved about from 4 to 6, to 7. As I slowed down to go over the ramps, it quickly beeped twice, and then once again. I parked the car and haven't touched it since. Anyone had anything similar, I would really appreciate your help.

Submitted: 31/10/2015 10:44:57 | ID: 122922

jennifer, South Africa

1. Can a Ford Fiesta be made without using mass production? 2. Can it be made by a home industry? 3. How has technology improve the Ford Fiesta?

Submitted: 26/10/2015 17:03:49 | ID: 122756

Kieran, Buckinghamshire

The cigarette lighter in my Fiesta Flame is working intermittently, I've tried to use my SatNav but find that it turns on and off every few seconds, the SatNav works perfectly in my dads car. I cant imagine that it would be the fuse, if so it would either work or it wouldn't. Can anyone help me? Many Thanks :)

Submitted: 25/10/2015 19:24:10 | ID: 122713

Roy bird, Essex

can you please tell me why my warning light comes on to tell the "bonnet open" the bonnet is shut. I have heard that a spray of wd40 on the latch should do the trick, is that the case or will I need to take it for repair.

Hi Roy bird, I have the same problem but it is my boot that thinks it is open. The alarm goes off and on even when I am driving. The car could be parked outside my house for 4 or 5 hours then all of a sudden the alarm goes off but there is no one near it! Did you get yours sorted? Reeci from County Down

Submitted: 21/10/2015 16:25:04 | ID: 122555

Mark, West Midlands

when driving off engine revs go up and down. changed fuel filter and fuel pipes but no change. Help

Submitted: 17/10/2015 22:37:14 | ID: 122440

Roger, Cambridgeshire

Hi I'm thinking of buying a 53 plate Ford Fiesta 1.4 flame it's done over 106,000 miles and no services history and not sure if cam belt or timing chain has been changed any advice on this vehicle

Submitted: 15/10/2015 16:54:01 | ID: 122357

Ron, Essex

Where is the fuse box on a 2002 Ford Fiesta flame 1300cc for an in car charger /cigarette lighter

Submitted: 15/10/2015 14:15:50 | ID: 122350

Sam Rhodes, East Sussex

On the dashboard the red battery light keeps coming on. We have taken the car to garages who tell us there is nothing wrong with the battery or the alternator yet the light keeps showing. The only fault that does show is that the back window heater doesn't work when the light shows - everything else works!

Submitted: 14/10/2015 12:45:59 | ID: 122313

Michaela Buxton, Essex

My vehicle starts up ok. After I have taken a short journey and turned the engine off for a few minutes it has trouble restarting. The immobiliser flashes on the dadhboard and makes a sound like the doors are locking from the inside. After I have left it for a while it eventually restarts.

Submitted: 26/09/2015 21:40:14 | ID: 121669

Antonio, Suffolk

Hi. I have just brought a 2006 fiesta zetec climate 1.25. There seems to be a slight hissing noise from engine then once clutch pressed it's goes. Noticeable in neutral. Is this just a fiesta thing?

Submitted: 17/09/2015 05:47:13 | ID: 121269

Phil, Berkshire

I have a 6 cd player n my fiesta and on the controls is a button with a telephone symbol on it. when pressed, it mutes the radio/cd. does this symbol just mean to mute your music when you need to answer your mobile phone manually or do I have Bluetooth on the radio player itself?

Submitted: 11/09/2015 12:53:24 | ID: 121032

lucinda, South Africa

If you bought a car and seller said it was in perfect condition. Can one long drive cause heavy slug build up and a bearing knock?

Submitted: 09/09/2015 21:22:01 | ID: 120973

gordon, East Ayrshire

hi I have a fiesta flame 54plate 1.4 petrol when I put the heater blower on fumes start filling up in the car can anyone help me

Submitted: 24/08/2015 11:28:08 | ID: 120253

mike, South Africa

Hi, While engine was running cut out for no apparent reason. Fuel tank full, battery fully charged fuses okay friend reckoned when I took the battery out to charge overnight he reckoned computer had memory loss, tried bypass key still nothing also no current from battery to starter motor lights, indicators etc. all working when ignition is switched on. yours Mike.

Submitted: 22/08/2015 11:14:50 | ID: 120167

sharon, Brazil

I was driving home from work, my 2011 ford fiesta, just stopped. I crank the car up and it started driving slow. The car turn off on me several time, before I Could make it home. No indicators light came on.

Submitted: 21/08/2015 23:40:45 | ID: 120148