FORD FIESTA questions and answers

FORD Fiesta

Ask and answer questions on a variety of FORD FIESTA models. Help and advice on everything FORD FIESTA. Feel free to ask and answer as many FORD-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest FORD FIESTA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

thabile, City of Dundee

my both front windows just stopped working on the same time, it was working perfectly when I left the car to the office and when I come back the don't open, what may be a problem

Submitted: 23/04/2014 12:27:12 | ID: 94590

Jane Burton, West Yorkshire

I have just purchased a Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4, 70 tdci and there is a constant beeping once I switch the ignition on. Have you any idea what may be causing this Regards

Submitted: 21/04/2014 17:59:13 | ID: 94512

Louise, Berkshire

I have only had this car for a week and just wanted some general information on it, as well as some problems I have come across answering. The first is each time I start the car up the radio always comes on, on full volume it's almost deafening, even though I turn it down before turn it off, is there anyway to stop this from happening? eg how can you turn the radio off? Next the car I drove before, on hill starts all I had to do is lift the biting point slightly higher and then release the handbrake and I would go as soon as my foot was off the clutch (no acceleration), on this car I tried doing the same but just start rolling backwards I have tried numerous variations off lifting the clutch higher or lower, but the only way it works is if I put the accelerator down fully, which makes the car really jumpy until your at the top of the hill, is this normal or do I have something wrong? Would appreciate any help! thank you

Submitted: 18/04/2014 17:06:49 | ID: 94408

barani, Berkshire

Hello there, I had recently changed the heating board, it was working fine. But it doesn't give cold air at all, even I change to cold mode. As of now, Heating stopped working. All I am getting is cold air, no matter either in hot or cold mode. Anyone please help with this. Many thanks, barani.

probably the heater valve stuck. its under the bonnet at the back near the windscreen and feeds the heater matrix. it has a little motor in it and if you get some one to opporate the heater dial (ign on) you should be able to feel the motor working if you hold it ian bonnick from Spain

Submitted: 12/04/2014 21:11:27 | ID: 94148

Ford Fiesta, Suffolk

Ford Fiesta 2002

I have a Ford Fiesta Zetec, it’s a 2002 Mk5 . I have had this car since August and has been a lovely car to drive. I was driving it this morning and it misses when you accelerate but it idles fine. Could this mean I need a new coil as I original thought it might be the spark plugs. As the car is doing this is it still okay to drive as I don’t want it to cause anymore problems. Does anyone know what it could be?

Submitted: 09/04/2014 09:21:02 | ID: 93988

Mike Wilkinson, Yorkshire

Ford Fiesta 2010

When my Ford Fiesta is just ticking over it seems to judder but it`s still driving okay. Why would it do that please?

Submitted: 08/04/2014 09:09:26 | ID: 93898

Dave, England

Ford Fiesta 2005

Can anyone tell me how to remove a rear passenger side door card on my Ford Fiesta? (style)

Submitted: 07/04/2014 11:02:19 | ID: 93875

Duncan Sampson, England

Ford Fiesta 2003

The handbrake on the dash of my Ford Fiesta stays on when the handbrake is released. Can anyone help? (1.4 tdi)

Submitted: 28/03/2014 15:59:46 | ID: 93573

Rhiane Underwood, England

Ford Fiesta 2005

Hi. My Ford Fiesta`s heaters/vents are constantly blowing out hot air even when the dials are off and on cold! Also the AC makes it worse. I’ve researched and on the older models it`s the heater control valve, but I don’t know what it is on my car? Can anyone help me please?

Submitted: 24/03/2014 10:09:07 | ID: 63209

Mary, Ireland

Ford Fiesta 2007

My Ford Fiesta`s engine light is on and the car keeps losing power and gaining power. What could be wrong please?

Submitted: 21/03/2014 09:03:58 | ID: 63061

Julian Kisiel, Leicestershire

Ford Fiesta 2010

I have a whining noise behind my Ford Fiesta`s radio and when I take the 15 amp ignition fuse out the noise stops. Any ideas?

Submitted: 13/03/2014 10:51:50 | ID: 62758

Barry Mono, Ireland

Ford Fiesta 2005

I have a Ford Fiesta and on the dash cluster the symbol half car, half padlock is flashing. The car is not starting. The ecu has tested okay, keys are okay, on the speedo there`s no mileage only 3 flat lines. Can anybody help?

Submitted: 11/03/2014 10:12:27 | ID: 62711

Marcio Silva, South Africa

Ford Fiesta 2005

Hi, if I rev my Ford Fiesta it`s fine, but as soon as it`s in gear and I go over 3000 rpm it loses power and won`t accelerate much at all. Could it be the alternator or somethimg else because the battery light doesn`t shine which means it is charging? (2005 1.6 trend),

Submitted: 03/03/2014 15:09:26 | ID: 62488

Brian Gorton, Derbyshire

Ford Fiesta 2008

I have written before and I hope you can help me. The mirrors on our Ford Fiesta have stopped working. I was informed to go to menu on the radio, scroll till you find power mirrors, look for link and re-establish the link, but I cannot find it. Is this the right way to solve my problem? (ghia)

Submitted: 24/02/2014 12:00:35 | ID: 62274

Brian Gorton, England

Ford Fiesta 2008

When we were having our Ford Fiesta washed by hand the guy was drying it off when the locks and mirrors activated. I pressed my key and the doors unlocked but the mirrors stayed closed and will not work when I use my key. How do I get them to work without taking it to a garage? Can you help me with this? Thank you. (Ghia)

Submitted: 21/02/2014 15:42:34 | ID: 61685

Reuben, South Africa

Ford Fiesta 2000

I have a 2000 Ford Fiesta and I have just fitted new pistons mains, but now the car will not start, there`s no spark at the plugs. What should I do?

Submitted: 21/02/2014 14:24:11 | ID: 62246

Sinesh Laxman, India

Ford Fiesta 2007

I have a 2007 Ford Fiesta diesel 1.4. My problem is that I only get an average 10.5 km/l. I have changed the air filter, diesel filter and clutch plate but nothing has changed. Please can anybody help me to solve this problem? (sedan)

Submitted: 18/02/2014 12:02:54 | ID: 57678

Phillip Bailey, Nottinghamshire

Ford Fiesta 2005

I have not seen under the bonnet of the newer Ford Fiesta before and I want to top up the anti-freeze. I took off the cap to find another plastic contraption underneath. Should this be prised off? Thank you.

Submitted: 14/02/2014 15:53:04 | ID: 62093

Mandla Mavimbela, South Africa

Ford Fiesta 2004

I have a 2004 Ford Fiesta 1.6 trend. The engine switches itself off when I’m stopping at roundabouts and the car runs smoothly, but as soon as I stop the idling goes off. Please can anybody help?

Submitted: 14/02/2014 12:51:37 | ID: 62090

Ceri Morgan, Vale of Glamorgan

Ford Fiesta 2007

My Ford Fiesta is letting in water from the boot and now there is water on the back seat and driver’s floor. Can anyone offer any suggestions please?

When the door closes it pushed a tiny switch inside, it could be on the sides of the door’s metal frames sometimes when it can’t be pressed enough it will still display the door light or warning sound. Try opening and banging every door including the boot. Or if you can trace where the actual door lock fits it on the metal frame, try to look for any standout tiny babyfinger like switches. Try pressing them in and release on each door. I am not sure with your model of Ford Fiesta because mine is a 2002 model. Mwayi Mchuchu from Malawi

Submitted: 11/02/2014 09:57:58 | ID: 61889

Jake Cummins, Middlesex

Ford Fiesta 2007

My Ford Fiesta has a light coming up on the dashboard which is the door light or boot. All of them are closed properly but it still comes on. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 07/02/2014 15:40:22 | ID: 61840

Arpad Toth, Yorkshire

Ford Fiesta 2007

Hi. My son has a 2007 Ford Fiesta ST 2 litre. I drove it for the first time the other day and noticed that the gear change movement is very, very stiff. The clutch and gears are fine. What do you think the problem could be? (2 litre ST)

Submitted: 07/02/2014 11:03:51 | ID: 61812

James Peter, South Africa

Ford Fiesta 2010

My Ford Fiesta has a deteriorated catalytic converter and appears to be running rich. Also, the altitude at Johannesburg is 6600 feet above sea level. I have access to an external Hawk alalogue exhaust gas analyzer, which gives excellent idling and running mixture readings for all vehicles. How can I correct the rich mixture? (1400)

Submitted: 06/02/2014 16:03:18 | ID: 61805

Steve Dwight, Cambridgeshire

Ford Fiesta 2003

I have a 53 plate Ford Fiesta 1.4 zetec and on Friday night the yellow engine symbol light in the rev counter side of the dash has started to stay on. Does this just mean it is due a service or something more sinister? I don`t have a Ford owners` manual to check to see what that symbol means when staying illuminated and can`t seem to find it in my Haynes manual. Can anybody enlighten me on this please?

You need an Eobd diagnostic to find out what the fault is. Scott Madmax from England

Submitted: 04/02/2014 16:11:52 | ID: 61750

Nathan, England

Ford Fiesta 1998

The rear wiper on my Ford Fiesta works perfectly but when I ask it for rear screen wash the front wipers operate for a couple of sweeps. No motor can be heard and there is water in the bottle! Front wipers work as they should. I’m guessing the column switch is malfunctioning but I wanted confirmation or advice if it’s something else before buying a new column switch assembly? Cheers.

Submitted: 04/02/2014 12:45:06 | ID: 61736

Sue Hurst, England

Ford Fiesta 2010

For the last 6 weeks my Ford Fiesta zetec has had an intermittent fault. When I use the key fob to unlock the car, the indicator/sidelights don’t flash, the doors unlock but the boot doesn’t. There are no lights on the dashboard and when I put the key in the ignition the key will turn a quarter turn but no further, so the car won’t start. If I open and shut either the driver`s door or passenger`s door once or twice, the lights on the dashboard come on and I am able to start the car. I have also noticed that it stops the clock when this happens and resets some of the readings on the trip computer. For the last two weeks it has done it every morning, before that it happened once every few days. Has anybody got any ideas please? (Zetec)

Have you had any luck with this problem, my Fiesta has been doing this off and on for the last few weeks, but the garage can’t find anything. Denise Buckingham from Sussex

It turns out that this was a loose cable to the battery. Denise Buckingham from Sussex

Submitted: 03/02/2014 15:06:19 | ID: 61659

Jaspal Singh Kalsi, India

Ford Fiesta 2008

I have a 1.4 Ford Fiesta tdci and the car jerks after I reach the speed of 60 to 80kmph and starts vibrating as if there`s no proper intake of diesel. Also in ideal running the rpm is not stable, sometimes it`s below 900 and sometimes above 1000. Can someone suggest to me a way to solve this problem please? (1.4 tdci duratech diesel)

Submitted: 03/02/2014 11:12:01 | ID: 61475

Stan Young, England

Ford Fiesta 2006

The front o/s spring on my Ford Fiesta has broken. Is it normal policy to replace BOTH springs like one would with brake pads or just replace the broken one? (Style)

You should always replace both springs at the same time, it can upset the handling and ride height if only one is replaced. Also, if one has snapped the other may follow soon. Nathan from England

Submitted: 30/01/2014 10:39:09 | ID: 61484

John Lawrence, Northumberland

Ford Fiesta 2010

I have recently bought a Ford Fiesta Edge and am unsure if it should have a snowflake symbol when the weather is cold and if so where would I see it? (Fiesta Edge)

Submitted: 28/01/2014 11:29:52 | ID: 61378

Jenny Baker, Hampshire

Ford Fiesta 2000

My Ford Fiesta`s heater only blows out cold air but my biggest problem is my car won’t hold any water, it just comes back out from underneath and I have to refill it lots of times throughout the day. I have been advised by someone that they think I need to replace my housing in connection with the heating problem and I that I need to replace one or more core plugs in the underneath part of my car as this is where the water seems to be coming from. I would be very grateful if you could help advise me on these problems and how I can possibly fix them without it costing too much, as I do not have much money?

Submitted: 23/01/2014 15:39:58 | ID: 61309

Sue, England

Ford Fiesta 2003

The water in my Ford Fiesta`s coolant tank gets very hot. Is this normal? It kind of smells through the grid like burning?

Submitted: 23/01/2014 11:17:35 | ID: 61242

Dimitrios Lamprinopoulos, Greece

Ford Fiesta 1981

When I start up in the morning (only) my 81 Ford Fiesta 970CC does not keep its idle speed until it starts warming up. I have to press the accelerator to keep the engine running. This does not happen again during the day. Why is it doing this please?

Are you using a manual choke or is the car fitted with an automatic choke? Older fords suffer from sticking auto chokes, could be the reason it won’t hold idle? Find an independent ford garage and see if they can sort it! On more modern Fords depressing the clutch on initial start activates the auto choke. Normally the choke would only be needed on intital start in the morning and again if left at work all day, other times it shouldn’t need a choke once the engine is warm! If it’s fitted with a manual choke check it’s been adjusted so it’s doing something at the carb, if there’s no resistance on the choke interior handle it could also be a snapped choke cable! N B from England

Submitted: 23/01/2014 09:30:26 | ID: 60110

Bob Poole, Gloucestershire

Ford Fiesta 1998

The temperature gauge on my Ford Fiesta is always showing hot and the heater always blows hot but the car runs normally. Why does it do this? (1600 CC)

Submitted: 21/01/2014 16:12:24 | ID: 61256

Emily Wright, England

Ford Fiesta 2005

I`ve just bought a Ford Fiesta 1.25 LX. I didn`t get any handbook with the car and I was just wondering what the two switches are on the centre console near the cigarette lighter? There are two round switches and I can`t find what they`re for? Thanks.

Submitted: 20/01/2014 11:41:44 | ID: 60879

Christina Carruthers, England

Ford Fiesta 2010

My Ford Fiesta`s audio unit is emitting a humming noise once the vehicle is unlocked, the radio unit is off as well as the ignition.The car was October registered and has the upgraded Sony unit. A couple of days prior to this I noticed a clicking from the lower left footwell/dashboard area. Could these be related to the problem? The only other thing that was done that day was after filling the windsceen washer the bonnet was dropped to close. Any ideas please? Thank you.

Submitted: 20/01/2014 10:07:54 | ID: 54038

David Bray, England

Ford Fiesta 2006

The bonnet of my Ford Fiesta does not shut flush to the grill and there is an unsightly gap when closed. I have noticed that most Zetec S and ST models have the same problem. This is a really nice car except for the ill-fitting bonnet. I would be very grateful if anyone has a solution please? (zetec S)

Turn the rubbers down. Peter from England

Turn the rubbers down. Peter from England

Submitted: 13/01/2014 11:27:15 | ID: 60638

Robert Gardner, Herefordshire

Ford Fiesta 2001

I have a Ford Fiesta and noticed that I have a water leak in the boot. I also had one in the passenger side footwell which I have fixed, but I seem to be a bit stumped on where this is coming from. Is this common and if so where are the places I should be looking? Many thanks. (1.25 LX petrol 5 door)

Submitted: 09/01/2014 09:30:15 | ID: 60307

Adam Lemar, England

Ford Fiesta 2001

Hey, I hope someone can help? I have a Ford Fiesta 1.4 flight petrol 51 plate. All of a sudden the front and back wipers and washer have all stopped working and it`s due it`s MOT in a few days,. I`ve checked the fuse box inside the car and the fuses seem okay. What can I do? (flight)

Suspect a wiper stalk failure. Martin (Master technician 20+ years) from Durham

Submitted: 07/01/2014 14:10:26 | ID: 60391

Azukiwe Dlakavu, South Africa

Ford Fiesta 2006

After driving my Ford Fiesta I heard a hissing sound coming from the bonnet. I opened the bonnet and noticed that the hissing sound was coming from the water tank, water was escaping from there. When driving there is no water leak, but the moment I stop the car and open the bonnet there is water dripping from the water tank. I parked the car on a clean surface but there was no leak evident after that. I haven’t driven the car ever since that and am waiting for the dealer to open tomorrow. What could the problem be?

Submitted: 07/01/2014 10:17:36 | ID: 60356

Susan Earl, Warwickshire

Ford Fiesta 2003

My Ford Fiesta`s battery warning light remains on but there`s no loss of power. There is a slight clicking noise near the clock on the driver`s side. Normal checks have been completed. Any suggestions please? (2 door zetec)

Submitted: 06/01/2014 09:55:47 | ID: 60157