FORD C-MAX questions and answers

FORD C-MAX

Ask and answer questions on a variety of FORD C-MAX models. Help and advice on everything FORD C-MAX. Feel free to ask and answer as many FORD-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest FORD C-MAX questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Dave O, Leicestershire

Ford C-Max

My parking sensors warning sound operates when the car is washed or when it rains?

Submitted: 13/11/2014 18:10:18 | ID: 106170

Tom charlton, Northumberland

Ford C-Max

Whilst overtaking the engine seemed to die on me very briefly until I juggled the throttle, seems to run ok if I do not jab too hard at the throttle , no problem when cruising

Submitted: 10/11/2014 17:18:49 | ID: 105995

wayne, Nottinghamshire

Ford C-Max

My cmax giah 1.6 tdi has a lift up flap on the dashboard, I can find no reference to it in the manual. Is that where the passenger air bag is, or can I keep stuff in it?

Submitted: 05/09/2014 15:59:44 | ID: 102650

tony, Worcestershire

Ford C-Max

My 1.8 diesal cmax puffs out loads of black smoke when putting my foot down and when i change the gears and when you take of then it puffs a lot of black smoke.any ideas what the problem could be

Submitted: 13/08/2014 08:03:36 | ID: 101407

Lee Moran, Merseyside

Ford C-Max

How do I put my child lock on in my cmax 58 plate ?

Submitted: 21/07/2014 12:01:50 | ID: 100088

peterdarts27@yahoo.co.uk, Wrexham

Ford C-Max

I got a 2004 Ford c max 1.8 petrol I just got home and switched off the head lights I got out and locked the car and then noticed the stereo was still lit up and also the milage counter was lit up and all other lights were off I'm just been back out its been an hour and the lights are still on I'm worried about having a flat battery in morning can anyone help please

Did you solve this problem? Ross from Oxfordshire

I am having the same problem and unable to find out if this a normal feature of the car or a fault, would be pleased if anyone can give an answer Maurice from Gloucestershire

Submitted: 12/07/2014 22:53:07 | ID: 99536

beth, Dorset

Ford C-Max

When driving my C Max whilst wearing sandals I noticed a dripping onto my foot. I was using the air con at the time but it had only been on approx. 10 mins. I am also finding the keys work sporadically. Sometimes they don't click the door open so I have to open it with a key and then set the alarm off, it then works again. Has anyone else experienced this?

Submitted: 05/07/2014 07:12:42 | ID: 98988

lorraine turker, Wiltshire

Ford C-Max

Hi, my C-Max has a slight judder at low revs. I have just had the dpf replaced as this was blocked, fuel and air filters changed, egr cleaned. It is not constant but I am getting to my wit`s end. Eighteen months ago I did put petrol in and drove it a few miles :( , it was cleaned, oil changed etc. Also I have had fuel additive tank topped up. Any ideas from here?

Submitted: 16/06/2014 12:14:57 | ID: 97791

Terry Clack, Oxfordshire

Ford C-Max

How do I replace the driver`s door stay?

Submitted: 13/06/2014 21:41:18 | ID: 97629

Terri, Surrey

Ford C-Max

I have c max zetch 2011 1.6. Recently my DAB radio has stopped working. The message shown on display is "service not available" however, I'm able to pick the radio stations up on FM. The radio is a ford radio not sony. Any ideas? Thanks

Hi. This has happened to my vehicle, has yours been fixed? Thanks, Mark mark haywood from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 10/06/2014 21:33:33 | ID: 97384

t newcombe, Northamptonshire

Ford C-Max

Engine malfunction light appears then loss of power , this has happened a few times and we now dare not go on a long journey . First time rac called showed injector problem they stated never seen this on a 2008 model before , towed to a garage and the garage could find no fault and stated not the injector. If this happens now all leads to the injectors are twiddled and the car then starts. Please help.

Submitted: 21/05/2014 09:45:11 | ID: 95828

Trevor barnes, West Midlands

Ford C-Max

My new ford c max Aztec petrol 1.6 2014 has 88 miles on clock brand new is slow pull away is this normal

Submitted: 08/05/2014 18:05:50 | ID: 95254

david ratcliffe , Swansea

Ford C-Max

When I bought my cmax all lights on dash were working ok but then my heater glow light started to flicker . Now it does not come on at all .as been back but mechanic said its ok . But surely it should come on when engine is cold anyone know this please thnx

Submitted: 01/05/2014 13:08:13 | ID: 94943

david ratcliffe , Swansea

Ford C-Max

Should my heater glow light be on before starting every morning ??

Submitted: 01/05/2014 12:53:57 | ID: 94940

Andy, Redcar and Cleveland

Ford C-Max

When I put my Ford Focus Cmax into reverse I get a constant beep coming from my rear parking sensors that lasts around 3 to 4 seconds then it disappears and then there is nothing at all as I continue to reverse no beeps. Please could someone tell me what the problem is and how to rectify the problem. Many thanks.

Submitted: 28/04/2014 23:10:16 | ID: 94856

martin, Nottinghamshire

Ford C-Max

The date on the dash display will not go past 2013. How can I alter this (its not important but very irritating).

Submitted: 26/04/2014 20:58:47 | ID: 94776

Mark Livingstone, Fife and Kinross Shires

Ford C-Max 2006

In my Ford C-MAX`s fuse box can anyone tell me what fuse is for the dash lights please?

Submitted: 25/03/2014 10:58:31 | ID: 60058

Stuart, Lancashire

Ford C-Max 2010

The middle rear seat of my Ford C-MAX won’t fold flat anymore. It is still possible to tip the seat and remove it and the seats either side work fine. The Ford dealer said a cable may have snapped and wanted me to write a blank cheque for them to investigate. I am hoping there is a simple solution. Can anyone help? (5 door 5 seats)

Submitted: 25/03/2014 10:54:16 | ID: 78777

Nadine, England

Ford C-Max 2004

My 2004 Ford C-MAX automatic diesel has recently had a turbo and an air mass sensor change and now has lost all power on a slight incline and the car struggles to the point it will only go 8mph! When driving sometimes it makes a noise under the bonnet which I can only describe as sounds like a skidding wheel. Any ideas?

Submitted: 24/03/2014 16:04:57 | ID: 63218

David Eveleigh, Vale of Glamorgan

Ford C-Max 2008

I have a ticking/knocking noise under the bonnet of my Ford C-MAX when the temp is below 4c. It goes when warm about 20 seconds later. I`ve changed the oil to the correct spec but it`s still the same and it does not affect the performance. Any ideas please?

Submitted: 28/02/2014 09:30:13 | ID: 63997

Stephen, England

Ford C-Max 2004

Hi, I just wondered if anyone knows why my Ford C-MAX`s revs go up as I come to a stop? It happens every time, it goes up to 2000 rpm then settles. Also if idling and you rev it, the revs take a while to settle back to idle? (1.8 petrol zetec)

Submitted: 24/02/2014 11:20:55 | ID: 62317

John, England

Ford C-Max 2006

On start up I first heard a whining in my Ford C-MAX which was linking to the acceleration at low speed, (when I sped up the whining pitch got higher). I quickly established despite turning the engine on and off that the whining was permanently there and the dash warning light was on with no error message on the dash. However when I go over 30 mph the whining noise is dampened by the road noise and hardly becomes audible. Ten minutes later the speedo whilst traveling at 60 mph started to go erratically from 45-60mph for about 30 seconds, then returned to normal (60 mph), albeit with the Engine Management light on and now a warning message on the dash " Engine Management Fault’. About 5 minutes later this message cleared itself and the light went off, then a further 5 minutes later whilst still driving at 60 mph, more looking at the dash than driving, the speedo went erratic again but this time 30-50, then suddenly dropped like a stone to zero (all the time the engine pitch is a nice constant tone like normal). This lasted about another 30 seconds and then seemed to reset itself again and again, the error and message Engine Management Fault reset after 5 minutes. The rest of the journey a further 20 minutes down the road was error free until I reversed into the drive, when the ABS warning light sporadically flashed on and off in the 15 seconds I took to reverse the car into the drive and it stayed on until I turned off the car. And yes the whining noise is still there. Any ideas please? (Zetec)

Submitted: 21/02/2014 14:32:35 | ID: 62285

Faye Dayman, England

Ford C-Max 2010

My Ford C-MAX has an on/off switch on the dash. When I switch it on the abs light comes on and so does the epb, but when I switch the switch to off they still stay on? Firstly what is the switch for / what does it do? Also is it normal for the abs and epb lights to stay on?

Submitted: 14/02/2014 09:24:43 | ID: 60533

Dave Zapf, United States of America

Ford C-Max 1999

Why in cold weather do my Ford C-MAX`s dash clock and trip mileage gauge turn off until the interior warms up? (f150)

Submitted: 13/02/2014 16:33:55 | ID: 60772

Andy Wakefield, Kent

Ford C-Max 2006

Can I change my Ford C-MAX`s in car phone from Spanish to English? I have docked the phone but everything is in Spanish.

Submitted: 11/02/2014 11:46:26 | ID: 60417

Nataliya, France

Ford C-Max 2003

Hello guys, I need your help please. While driving the gearbox of my Ford C-MAX has been stuck on the P position. The only way I could unblock it and drive home was by pressing the security button to change the position to Drive. This all started a few days ago, before it blocked the cigarette lighter had stopped working, then the trunk was opening by itself. What can it be? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Submitted: 06/02/2014 14:22:51 | ID: 67025

Antoinette Batemanb, Leicestershire

Ford C-Max 2006

My 2005 Ford C-MAX has no ignition, some lights are on and the engine system warning is on. What could be causing this please?

Submitted: 04/02/2014 11:06:11 | ID: 61693

John Roper, England

Ford C-Max 2004

When I start up the engine of my Ford C-MAX the front lights flash. What is the cause please?

Submitted: 03/02/2014 12:27:54 | ID: 61577

Gavin Price, England

Ford C-Max 2012

When I steer my Ford C-MAX to the left (not sharply, but not slight), my front offside wheel/tyre makes a ’grinding’ noise. This noise is not always constant, but the longer the turn is held, the longer the noise is made. Any ideas? Also how safe is it to continue driving the vehicle, as I need it daily for work?

Submitted: 16/12/2013 10:42:56 | ID: 57645

James Finch, Lancashire

Ford C-Max 2010

Where are the fuse boxes located on a Ford C-MAX?

Submitted: 28/10/2013 12:10:24 | ID: 64571

Gareth Merrifield, England

Ford C-Max 2005

My Ford C-MAX`s yellow engine management light comes on now and then. When I take the spark plugs out and then put them back it seems to reset. The engine seems a bit choppy while the light is on. What could this be due to?

Submitted: 30/08/2013 15:02:18 | ID: 53854

Deus Lyimo, Berkshire

Ford C-Max 2004

I cannot find the socket in my Ford C-MAX to plug in my sat nav which is normally located at the cigarette lighter knob in the dashboard. I wonder if this is not placed by the manufacturer in the first place and whether if it can be modified to get this plug to use my sat-nav?

Submitted: 27/08/2013 12:21:09 | ID: 53601

Ian Howells, Powys

Ford C-Max 2004

Hi. I have just had a replacement front windscreen on my Ford C-MAX, but now my front demist on the driver`s side is not working. I want to check that the wire has not come off, but do not know how to remove the plastic trim on the inside of the window to see the connection clip. Can anybody help me please? Thanks. (1.6 tdci)

Submitted: 06/08/2013 15:33:52 | ID: 53382

Wayne Todd, England

Ford C-Max 2006

My charger at the side of my driving seat in my Ford C-MAX has fallen into the hole it stems from. I think the casing must have come off and I can`t reach it to pull it back up. Any ideas what I would need to do to fix this? (Style)

Submitted: 16/07/2013 14:01:36 | ID: 66072

Andrew Berry, Cambridgeshire

Ford C-Max 2004

I pressure washed the engine of my Ford C-MAX 2.0 tdci as I have before, but this time I have a loss of power. Has anyone got any idea as to what could cause this please? Any help would be appreciated.

Submitted: 05/07/2013 14:16:37 | ID: 65090

Mike Keir, Shropshire

Ford C-Max 2008

Why am I experiencing engine judder between 65 and 70 mph in my 1.6 tdci Ford C-MAX Zetec? The vehicle had the DPF and the air intake pipe on the turbo replaced 3,000 miles ago. If you increase speed to 80 mph the judder stops. The car has covered 104,000 miles and has been serviced regularly. I travel approximately 900 miles per week covering the UK on business, therefore the car is used in all driving conditions. Does anyone know what could be causing it to do this please? (Diesel)

Submitted: 01/07/2013 14:20:40 | ID: 64634

Andrew Edwards, England

Ford C-Max 2012

Hi there. How do you set up the lights inside my Ford C-MAX to come on when you open the doors and then to go off when you lock it? I`ve tried twice with the switch in the roof. I`ve had the car for two days and it`s brand new. Any suggestions please?

Submitted: 01/07/2013 12:10:32 | ID: 64026

Mark Sugden, Kent

Ford C-Max 2008

Neither the AA or my local garage can find a fault code when my Ford C-MAX`s engine malfunction light comes on, which now is nearly all of the time. The car was running okay until yesterday when it seemed to be running in a speed restricted mode- I can’t accelerate well and it takes ages to get to 60mph on the motorway. Can anyone suggest what is wrong? (Diesel)

wheel ballencing probs the best bet if you can drive out of it at 80mph get that done and it should be alright or swap front wheels with back darren from Argyll and Bute

Submitted: 02/04/2013 10:27:57 | ID: 90303

David Darby, England

Ford C-Max 2008

Hi. I have a Ford C-MAX 2008. I’m getting really annoyed with the cold weather warning sound coming on an awful lot when the air temperature goes below 4 degrees, then back up to 4 and then back down again. This can happen an awful lot in the colder weather. It sounds like those airplane trolly dolly bells you press and is so annoying. Please can anyone help me turn it off? (1.6 style)

Submitted: 28/03/2013 12:44:22 | ID: 92150

Alex Duffy, Essex

Ford C-Max 2006

My Ford C-MAX`s trip computer stays on all of the time. If I lock the car it stays on and drains the battery but everything else is okay. I have checked this after 12 hours and it is still illuminated. Any ideas please? (1.8 diesel ghia)

Submitted: 28/03/2013 09:35:41 | ID: 92453