CITROEN DISPATCH questions and answers

CITROEN Dispatch

Ask and answer questions on a variety of CITROEN DISPATCH models. Help and advice on everything CITROEN DISPATCH. Feel free to ask and answer as many CITROEN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest CITROEN DISPATCH questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

John Paters, East Ayrshire

Citroen Dispatch

The van doesn't turn over with key, turn key nothing good battery and battery lights, very strong, turn key nothing, push it the length of itself , starts runs great, turn off nothing, any suggestions, would be greatly appreciate, thanks john

Submitted: 16/04/2014 00:13:26 | ID: 94282

Eric Chandler, Yorkshire

Citroen Dispatch 2010

My Citroen Dispatch has had the parking sensors disconnected as it was a fully vinyl wrapped (sky van). Does anyone know how this will have been done so I can undo it please?

Submitted: 31/03/2014 16:07:57 | ID: 93658

Roddy McDonald, Inverness-shire

Citroen Dispatch 2008

How do I change my Citroen Dispatch`s odometer from kilometres back to miles? This was changed when in the garage for service.

Submitted: 24/03/2014 15:37:02 | ID: 63199

Adam Kenny, England

Citroen Dispatch 2005

Hello. The problem I am having with my Citroen Dispatch 900 HDI is that when I turn the key it fires up okay, but as soon as I let go of the key it cuts out. Also it has been leaking fluid from the driver`s front side, steering fluid I think, is this related? Any help would be most grateful. (900 hdi)

Submitted: 20/03/2014 15:13:56 | ID: 63100

James Smith, Fife and Kinross Shires

Citroen Dispatch 2008

I have a problem with the fuel system on my Citroen Dispatch 2lt Hdi, there seems to be a high pressure on the return pipe to the diesel tank. The pressure blows the return hose off where the flexible hose is connected to the metal pipe returning to the tank. This has only started since the garage replaced the intercooler. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated as I am dripping diesel onto the exhaust. The pressure seems to be at its greatest when the engine is running. Any ideas please?

Your injectors are starting to get clogged up, get them checked. John Landcruser from Ireland

Submitted: 20/03/2014 14:03:01 | ID: 63054

Ivan Nee, Somerset

Citroen Dispatch 2002

Where is the rear lights fuse in a Citroen Dispatch 2002?

Submitted: 17/03/2014 12:35:52 | ID: 62895

David Cole, Dorset

Citroen Dispatch 2008

How do I remove the steering wheel bearing on my Citroen Dispatch in mind of the airbag?

Submitted: 17/03/2014 11:21:08 | ID: 62813

John O`Neill, Lanarkshire

Citroen Dispatch 2012

Can someone tell me how to get into my Citroen Dispatch to change light bulbs please as my hands will not fit?

Submitted: 14/03/2014 16:16:31 | ID: 62776

Scott Thomas, Cardiff

Citroen Dispatch 2002

Hi. I have a Citroen Dispatch 52 plate and every time I hit a bump there’s a loud knock coming from the front end. It’s all started to do it under braking. Please can anyone help?

Submitted: 14/03/2014 12:36:04 | ID: 62830

Gregory McCresh, County Armagh

Citroen Dispatch 2006

My Citroen Dispatch van was driving great until recently, now she is missing or choking as I`m driving and it`s jittery. Nobody knows what is wrong. It was recently serviced but seems to be very dead. Does anyone know why please? (19d van)

Get the airflow meter checked out. John Landcruser from Ireland

Submitted: 04/03/2014 09:23:49 | ID: 62459

Daryl Brown, England

Citroen Dispatch 2002

My 2002 Citroen Dispatch will not go into first gear. My mechanic has said it needs a new gear box but I am hoping for a second opinion. Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be?

Might be a gear cable, which costs £159 from a dealer. Sean Watts from England

Submitted: 24/02/2014 11:53:11 | ID: 62289

Amirul Islam, Hertfordshire

Citroen Dispatch 2008

Hi, can anyone help me? I drive a 2008 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 diesel and recently I fitted a new turbo as I was losing a lot of engine oil. First I thought it was a leakage but it wasn`t, it was just burning oil. I have to top it up every 2 weeks. I`m still having the same problem with it burning oil even though I fitted a new turbo. Does anybody know what I can do please?

Submitted: 18/02/2014 16:38:46 | ID: 62239

Gary Buckingham, Devon

Citroen Dispatch 2000

I have water coming into my Citroen Dispatch van onto the floor. It seems to come in when the heater is on and it seems like a lot of water. Any suggestions please?

Get the section between the front windscreen and the engine compartment checked out, this area fills up with rain water because the drain off pipes get blocked and the water gets in through the pollen filter. That is why the water gets in when you put on the heater blower. John Landcruser from Ireland

Submitted: 13/02/2014 12:45:45 | ID: 68202

John Fish, England

Citroen Dispatch 2001

I have had a new clutch and cable fitted to my Citroen Dispatch but after driving the van for about 20 minutes the gears start sticking again. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 11/02/2014 08:59:29 | ID: 61886

Terry Young, Essex

Citroen Dispatch 1999

I fitted a new starter to my Citroen Dispatch as the old one was dying, but now it won`t start. There`s fuel to the pump but none at the injectors. I suspect fuel cut off / safety valve but I can`t find it. Can anybody help?

Submitted: 06/02/2014 15:45:07 | ID: 61800

Martin Mcdowell, Northern Ireland

Citroen Dispatch 2007

My window on my Citroen Dispatch van keeps coming down 4 or 5 inches every time I put it up. It’s doing my head in. What should I do?

Put the window into the closed position then when it’s there hold the up button up for ten seconds and if will reset the window stop. Cheers Marc. Marc Jonas from Monmouthshire

Submitted: 04/02/2014 14:48:37 | ID: 61745

David Seggons, Devon

Citroen Dispatch 2007

I keep getting a light coming on the dashboard telling me the driver`s door of my Citroen Dispatch is not closed. I have disconnected the electrical block in the door and can get the light to go off but then I can’t use the central locking on the driver`s door. Any suggestions?

Hi mate, we have a lot of these as taxis and problem sounds like your door catch mechanism. The micro switches play up. Fit a new one most likely fix the fault. David Downie from England

Submitted: 13/01/2014 11:16:52 | ID: 60644

Grant Kay, Caithness

Citroen Dispatch 1998

My Citroen Dispatch`s engine is running at about 70 degrees so I want to replace the thermostat. Is it just under the fuel filter? Thanks in advance. (1.9tdi)

Submitted: 13/01/2014 10:03:58 | ID: 60587

Nigel Taylor, Hampshire

Citroen Dispatch 1996

Hi, I have a Citroen Dispatch that used to run beautifully. I put it in for an MOT expecting it to fail purely due to age (1996) but it flew through. Brake pads only, which turned into brake discs, slight oil leak on the water pump, oil in water, possibly head gasket, the quote was £400 - £600 for a new gasket which without consulting me turned into £1200. Since I got it back it has never started first thing. The garage had it back for 10 days but still the same problem, once started it will start all day long providing I don’t leave it for more than 5 hours, where I would need a small squirt of Easy Start to fire it up. Any suggestions as to why? It has new glow plugs, new battery. Thanks.

I’ve been trying to solve the same problem for some time. Finally I had a compression test done, which showed low on all cylinders when cold. This would suggest that the tappets are maladjusted. As you had the head removed it may be that the tappets were not re-shimmed. Doug Gibson from Ireland

Hi mate, I had a Peugeot 306 that was fine until it was MOT’d just like your Dispatch and they run the same engine. I scratched my head and nearly burnt the damn car and never really solved the problem. It was only after I had scrapped it I figured out a possible cause. As part of the MOT the tester is required to rev the engine to its limiter and hold it for three seconds or so, then they shut off the throttle dead. This is not a sequence that would happen in normal motoring conditions and I wondered if maybe the timing belt slipped a tooth which may mean the inlet valves are closing too late and only allowing the cylinder to compress half its volume or something. This may explain your lack of compression and low power. Diesel fuel needs compression to ignite and so may judder or mess about. I never tested this theory but it may head you in the right direction. Good luck! Andy Charlton from Devon

Submitted: 10/01/2014 09:30:32 | ID: 60462

Derrick Lawrence, Essex

Citroen Dispatch 2012

I have a brand new Citroen Dispatch van and I can’t disable auto locking to the rear and side doors. I have managed to disable the front doors but not the back, so I have to remember to press a button on the dash or key every time I need to get into the back which is driving me mad. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 06/01/2014 12:48:10 | ID: 60349

Fergal McCrossan, London

Citroen Dispatch 2005

Hello, I’ve a problem with starting my Citroen Dispatch van. The engine turns over when turned on but doesn’t kick in. I thought it could have been a glowplugs problem but after someone watched under the hood when I turned the key they saw a drop of either diesel / oil coming from under a part? They seem to think it could be the fuel injector not getting enough diesel through to start? Is that possible and if so how complicated to solve?

Submitted: 06/01/2014 11:39:08 | ID: 60308

Martyn Newbold, Oxfordshire

Citroen Dispatch 1999

My Citroen Dispatch`s speedo has stopped working and also the cigarette lighter. I wondered if it could be an electronic fault or fuse? As it is a 1999 model I wasn’t too sure what to do - any ideas?

Submitted: 03/01/2014 09:27:57 | ID: 60060

Hugh Mackenzie, Caithness

Citroen Dispatch 2007

I`m going to buy a Citroen Dispatch 2008 for light work. Will the 1600d do or will I need the 2000d?

Submitted: 02/01/2014 10:31:49 | ID: 59989

Moira Reed, Somerset

Citroen Dispatch 2002

Please could anyone tell me where the fuel pump/fuel pump sensor is located on my Citroen Dispatch? (hdi 2 litre)

Submitted: 02/01/2014 09:04:21 | ID: 59979

Pat Delahunty, Ireland

Citroen Dispatch 2001

My Citroen Dispatch 2.l hdi 2001 was cutting out when driving but would start again. I got a mechanic to look at it and nothing showed up on the diagnostic machine. He found that the fuel filter housing was damaged so replaced it. It drove perfectly for 3 weeks and then just wouldn`t start. The pump on the tank wasn`t cutting in but it was turning over. The mechanic said that the pump probably needs replacing but he took the pump off and checked it and the pump was perfect. Can anyone help? (2.litre hdi)

Hi, I get a similar thing particularly when very wet. You could try looking at the multi-pin connector on the nearside underneath, just about in line with the front edge of the sliding door. Hope this helps. Jeremy Evans from Warwickshire

Submitted: 30/12/2013 11:54:51 | ID: 59751

Rob Slater, Staffordshire

Citroen Dispatch 2000

When I brake or pull away from a junction in my Citroen Dispatch I have the sound of swishing water from somewhere behind me on the driver’s side of the van. It must be quite a lot. I can move the side loading door backwards and forwards and can`t hear it. Also the same goes for the driver`s door. Does anybody know where this can be please?

I’ve just bought one and mine did the same when it was full of diesel. It’s the diesel swishing about in the tank back up the filler pipe. Take a look underneath and trace it back to the filler point, it will be more self explanatory then. Chris Wilson from England

Submitted: 24/12/2013 13:57:31 | ID: 59726

Peter Garrett, England

Citroen Dispatch 2004

Can anybody give me a diagram of where the brake pipes run from master cylinder to wheels on my Citroen Dispatch?

Submitted: 23/12/2013 10:27:13 | ID: 59627

Moira Reed, Somerset

Citroen Dispatch 2001

I just drove my Citroen Dispatch for 40 miles no problem. I attempted to start the van again and it failed, it turns over but won`t fire up. I had no problems before this. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Submitted: 12/12/2013 16:22:56 | ID: 59142

Stephen, Derbyshire

Citroen Dispatch 2000

I’ve just bought a Citroen Dispatch 1.9 diesel and have no manual. I want to top up oil levels but there are 2 oil filler caps, 1 at the front and 1 on top of the engine and I`m not sure which one to put oil in?

Submitted: 26/11/2013 14:08:21 | ID: 58188

John O'Connell, Ireland

Citroen Dispatch 2001

I`m finding it hard to start my Citroen Dispatch van and the mechanic says it needs a new engine. Does anyone know if a Berlingo engine would fit the Dispatch? Thanks.

Try changing the glow plugs. The JTX engine is reluctant to start unless the glow plugs are working. The JTX engine is very reliable and will usually do at least 250K. Maurice Pinner from Somerset

Submitted: 15/11/2013 14:39:45 | ID: 56234

Trev Woolgar, Kent

Citroen Dispatch 2005

Hi. I have a problem with my 05 Citroen Dispatch van. A few weeks ago I noticed my Dispatch 05 was lurching and surging intermittently. At the same time I noticed that each time it surged forwards a small puff of white smoke was emitted from the exhaust. The problem seemed to get worse. I noticed it was worse when I was travelling downhill. On some days it seemed worse than on others (wet days worse). It then started to emit black puffs of smoke when going uphill and lost power. I put the van into a garage who checked the engine on their computer and said there is no obvious engine problem. They suggested a fuel injection specialist who have had the van for over 2 weeks and say they cannot diagnose the problem. They have tested the electrics, pumps and seals. Has anyone got any ideas please?

Yep, unplug the EGR valve. Maurice Pinner from Somerset

I am having same thing with my van. My mechanic has spoken to the guy who reckons fuel pumps and he suggested same thing. Could you let me have any more details? Let me know what’s happening ta Kevin Carmody from Lancashire

Submitted: 12/11/2013 16:14:24 | ID: 57795

Andy Clarke, Kent

Citroen Dispatch 2007

Hi all. I have vibration feeling in my Citroen Dispatch`s clutch pedal and an occasional knocking sound. It did this 6 months ago and then stopped but has just started again. Any ideas? Thanks.

This build has a weak clutch design. I expect that the thrust bearing is shot. Maurice Pinner from Somerset

Submitted: 29/10/2013 08:41:58 | ID: 56868

Andrew K, Hampshire

Citroen Dispatch 2009

Does the Citroen Dispatch`s satellite navigation require a subscription fee to be paid to make it work, as I cannot get mine to do anything? Also my van started ringing the other day, as if someone was calling me, has it got some kind of phone installed? (SWB)

Now then, I think it is phoning you to tell you to drive more carefully as you have been exceeding the areas speed limits lately. Some companies have them fitted so they can keep a track of drivers road safety awareness etc Just phone them back and ask them to refrain from phoning you when you’re driving as it is a driving hazard and breaches your safety. The number to phone is 999 Gypsy Dave from England

Submitted: 28/10/2013 11:58:09 | ID: 56729

Neil Prile, Wrexham

Citroen Dispatch 2007

Hi there, I have a problem with my Citroen Dispatch 57 plate. Between 30 and 50 mph or when you put your foot down hard on the accelerator there is a big wobble to the left passenger side. I’ve had new tyres fitted, cv joint, drive arm and it’s still doing it and the cost is going up all of the time! Any ideas please? Thanks. (Long wheel base)

Submitted: 28/10/2013 09:41:50 | ID: 56718

Martin Wilby, England

Citroen Dispatch 2010

My Citroen Dispatch diesel continues to rev for a second or two after I release the accelerator. Why is this? Thanks in advance. (Diesel)

If you’re leaving the accelerator pedal behind when you’re easing your foot off I would suggest a sticky cable or carb linkage, may even be the pedal itself. Kev from Suffolk

Submitted: 25/10/2013 14:37:40 | ID: 56680

Stuart Dell, England

Citroen Dispatch 2010

I have a Citroen Dispatch van. My driver`s door light is on when the door is completely closed. It started when I turned left but now comes on all of the time. I cannot find the door switch to rectify the problem. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 25/10/2013 11:46:46 | ID: 56336

Jonathan Magill, County Armagh

Citroen Dispatch 2005

Hello helpers. My Citroen Dispatch has a tapping noise coming from the engine, when I go up through the gears it clears itself, the higher the revs it clears itself. Any ideas?

Submitted: 25/10/2013 09:43:50 | ID: 56071

Graham Lyons, Yorkshire

Citroen Dispatch 2000

My Citroen Dispatch`s engine won`t turn over and the stop light is flashing on the dashboard. Any suggestions please? (2.0 HDI)

Submitted: 24/10/2013 10:47:14 | ID: 52945

Tom Brady, Middlesex

Citroen Dispatch 2009

Where is the pollen filter located on my Citroen Dispatch please?

Submitted: 08/10/2013 16:37:20 | ID: 55911

Brian Hutchinson, England

Citroen Dispatch 2004

My Citroen Dispatch has its engine management light on and an £8000 pound computer which is Bosch by the way will not read the codes. Is there a fuse that`s not in the right place? I`m getting stressed now. Can anyone help?

This model with JTX engine is known for producing codes that have no meaning. ATMIT, it will not fail an MOT if the code cannot be read. Maurice Pinner from Somerset

Submitted: 01/10/2013 15:52:08 | ID: 55151