CITROEN C4 questions and answers

Ask and answer questions on a variety of CITROEN C4 models. Help and advice on everything CITROEN C4. Feel free to ask and answer as many CITROEN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest CITROEN C4 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Craig Raine, Durham

Citroen C4

I have a C4 citron and the third injector or second injector which we will count them doesn't seem to be firing is there a problem with the fuses I would be an injector problem or electric fault

Submitted: 18/09/2016 20:38:45 | ID: 135275

Matt, Merseyside

Citroen C4

My service light has come on and on my dash it says engine fault, repair needed. Does anybody know what is wrong with it? The car is lacking in power due to the service light coming on. Sometimes it wont come on for a couple of miles and then beep and light up again.

Submitted: 06/09/2016 16:10:36 | ID: 134965

klaus, South Lanarkshire

Citroen C4

was driving went to slow down put foot on brake and nothing happened auto matic hanh brake came on brake light came on and esp says its faulty .there is no visable leaks anywhere what could be wrong

Submitted: 04/09/2016 13:06:07 | ID: 134908

mustopher, Zambia

Citroen C4

I.have a citroen c4 2007 model petrol and 1.6ltr.whenever it's in gear one it will move just a bit and changes into two then immediately into 3 and the pedal will stop responding. it will.move in three but on idling.tried to put in manual but won't respond. please assist for we so.not have a citroen dealer in my country.

Submitted: 26/08/2016 15:41:07 | ID: 134668

john ellis, Warrington

Citroen C4

Hi my anti pollution light has come on in my car, it has come on a while back but disappeared has anyone had this issue before?

Submitted: 24/08/2016 11:36:35 | ID: 134611

Rebecca, West Yorkshire

Citroen C4

Hi I have a 1.6 d 5 door hatch back c4 For some reason first my boot wont open and doesnt make the noise it did when working iv changed the lock but still no joy also it no longer picks up.when my boot is open or closed on my centre dash and my top break light on the boot window no longer works then my car now flashes up stop engine temp too high after so long driving but then goes off again once im driving and air gets through it but it also seems to happen if I use my I have replaced both sensors and the fan and motor it stopped for few days but now doing it again the car its self runs fine when itACoing this its also notitsnotAter/oil level related any ideas? And I had to take my reverse light out because it was coming on when I was driving any ideas welcome

Submitted: 18/08/2016 00:20:41 | ID: 134432

Andrew Martin , Stirling

Citroen C4

When the vehicles is at a normal temperature and you come to a halt and the revs are low the warning "stop engine oil pressure low". I've changed the oil and filter and changed the oil pressure switch but the warning still comes on. There does seem to be a oil leak on the timing belt side which may point to a crankshaft oil seal. This seems to be a common fault with citroen. If anybody has had this fault could you please help me.

Submitted: 13/08/2016 15:29:21 | ID: 134332

Andrew, Falkirk

Citroen C4

Had the car over a year. 45k on the clock. Never had any issues. However I left work the other night and I got an error message upon starting the car saying..electrial fault and the service light came on. When I go into trip computer and warning messages it says battery charge fault stop the vehicle. Anybody any ideas? This far it's not caused any issues but would rather prevent a problem before it starts. Thanks in advance

Submitted: 10/08/2016 08:56:33 | ID: 134247

Dave, Dublin

Citroen C4

I cannot find the 'Camshaft Sensor' on my C4 1.4 Petrol 2005 !!! Where is it ??? Can anybody help ???

Submitted: 08/08/2016 14:15:06 | ID: 134202

Neil rankin, Swindon

Citroen C4

Car turns over but won't start economy mode on display help please

Submitted: 20/07/2016 14:42:11 | ID: 133677

Iris Black, County Antrim

Citroen C4

The car won't start and is displaying Economy Mode Active - it was going perfectly well an hour ago! What could be wrong.Thanks

My Citroen c4 petrol auto won't start the economy mode is active Dave eglington from Essex

Submitted: 18/07/2016 20:01:09 | ID: 133626

Paul, Lancashire

Citroen C4

The electronic key has will not open the car. It locked up and was working 2 days ago but now it does absolutely nothing. We can't even open the car manually.

Submitted: 16/07/2016 13:35:58 | ID: 133569

Karen, Aberdeenshire

Citroen C4

Can you tell me where my automatic transmission fluid top up is?

Submitted: 14/07/2016 22:08:16 | ID: 133535

catheine Laing, Antrim

Citroen C4

cannot change my computer from French to English. someone said use the radio but my radio not working so do not know what to do

Submitted: 16/06/2016 11:55:29 | ID: 132716

Kefiloe, South Africa

Citroen C4

Hi there,my Citroen C4 vts has a certain noise when I drive it and it eats petrol like its mad, how do I solve this?

Submitted: 11/06/2016 05:52:05 | ID: 132548

Aziz, Staffordshire

Citroen C4

Just purchased a diesel auto. After 60 miles of driving home from the showroom, the red light came up showing depollution and after another 30 miles I was losing power is it wouldn't go up a gear. This happened a few times. Should I send the car back to the showroom or pursue the warranty?

Submitted: 25/04/2016 21:03:17 | ID: 130813

Anthony Sarroff, Australia

Citroen C4

My C4 is the 1.6 litre turbo. Petrol. When I start it it gets the shakes looses compression the pollution warning lamp comes on and when I turn it off the fan keeps going as if I thinks it's hot. When it is obviously cold.??????

Submitted: 25/04/2016 01:18:23 | ID: 130782

Gabi, Leicestershire

Citroen C4

Hi all I just got the car and I would like to change the display it shows my speed in km not miles. I don't know how to change that and can't find any menu buttons anyone can help please. Also the radio does not work I did change the fuse but nothing. All help appreciated thank you

you have to have the radio that come with the car you go in the menu and change it like that the radios are not coded but are married to the ecu so don't work in any other car david sinclair from East Riding of Yorkshire

Submitted: 15/04/2016 19:33:28 | ID: 130428

carol, Kent

Citroen C4

I can't lock my car either manually or remotely and the boot can't be opened. Please assist

Submitted: 12/04/2016 12:09:12 | ID: 130280

John, Northumberland

Citroen C4

Hi wonder if anyone can help over the last few weeks my cars power steering would go off then come back on for a few days then off again to the point where it's been off for a few days now. Front right hand indicator not working despite having new bulb put in and now today horn don't work any ideas what's wrong?

Submitted: 11/04/2016 08:57:39 | ID: 130219

Steve, East Ayrshire

Citroen C4

Car has been running fine. I usually drive it by myself. On a couple of occasions however, with passenger on board, the seat belt warning lights have come on shortly after the start of a journey and the engine then acts like it wants to cut out. Was able to limp back home in 1st gear by over use of the clutch. I fear an expensive software/component replacement repair. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Submitted: 10/04/2016 19:59:13 | ID: 130209

derek, Lincolnshire

Citroen C4

Yellow "SERVICE" warning light has come on the dash!!!!! Is it preset for ENGINE oil service ????? ps Mileage is 18.270 MILES..

Derek, generally yes.. for oil change.. but during service the filters are changed too.... oil filter, air filter and fuel filter since they do affect the longevity and performance R Evans from Caerphilly

Submitted: 06/04/2016 18:56:23 | ID: 130030

John Britton, Bristol

Citroen C4

Turned on ignition this morning and had the message phares auto inactive and engine just clicking not turning over

John.. the phares auto inactive is the auto lights on system.... the clicking noise is probably the battery gone or may be starter motor issue.. however it could be that your alternator has not been charging the battery.. if the batt is 5yrs old or more its probably due a change.... if it jump starts from another good battery then it's your battery R Evans from Caerphilly

Submitted: 03/04/2016 08:25:21 | ID: 129876

Pradip Tanna, France

Citroen C4

When I turn the engine off and lock the car up - after a short while the headlamps automatically come on and the wipers. There is also a faint engine noise when opening the bonnet. Also when driving, the GPS screen sometimes displays the message "ABS System Faulty", and the GPS TOM/TOM system blanks out from time to time. Any ideas? Thank you.

Submitted: 01/04/2016 13:59:27 | ID: 129788

Bryan savage, Kent

Citroen C4

Car serviced last week was fine for a few days now the service light comes on when I put the car into reverse. It is an automatic. Anyone any ideas

Submitted: 08/03/2016 10:02:02 | ID: 128707

patrick cochrane, City of Glasgow

Citroen C4

when I drive over speed bumps the warning light on the dash flashes once to say a door is open and I get a bleep on the dash and when driving in windy conditions the bleep keeps going of and saying that the bonnet is open . if it is a sender where is it in the car.

Submitted: 07/03/2016 12:28:34 | ID: 128672

tony hunt, Sweden

Citroen C4

Getting fumes through vents in car.Stronger when slowing to halt

take the top black cover off top of engine look at the thick black pipe coming of the rocker box and see if its blown off mine did pushed it back on no smell after that? its a breather pipe david sinclair from East Riding of Yorkshire

Submitted: 06/03/2016 15:51:51 | ID: 128628

janette collier, East Riding of Yorkshire

Citroen C4

Hi there I have a Citroën c4 grand and when I lock the car the wing mirrors are not closing could you give me any idea whyou this is happening please? Thanks you Janette.

Submitted: 05/03/2016 10:03:54 | ID: 128552

Beth, Redcar and Cleveland

Citroen C4

I have a Citroen c4 1.6 vtr+ cars been fine since I got it a month ago then a warning came up saying the dpf is faulty, then my engine light came on and the car lost power it's gone into limp mode??

Submitted: 01/03/2016 12:15:34 | ID: 128377

Mazli, Malaysia

Citroen C4

The c4 cope engine had an extensive damage, cost of repair wouls be substansive..i would like to replace with a newer e.g DS3 rrcondition engine..what other newer model thats compatible to be mounted on the C4 please

Submitted: 01/03/2016 04:31:28 | ID: 128367

Lesley, Dorset

Citroen C4

we put fuel in today and a picture of a dial came up with the words "reg off"on the digital dashboard warning display. what does it mean?

Submitted: 28/02/2016 12:34:58 | ID: 128284

John Ryce, Tyne and Wear

Citroen C4

i have recently purchased my c4 which i am very pleased with however, recently the temperature gauge is going up and down and the stop light keeps coming on even on short journeys how can this be resolved.

I had to change mine as it never worked just make sure which one yours has theres two diff types mine had a thread one the other has none at all easy to change under air box with a green plug on top david sinclair from East Riding of Yorkshire

Submitted: 21/02/2016 13:24:54 | ID: 127959

David Mawdesley, Lancashire

Citroen C4

I have just paired my phone and my wife's to the car. I have checked that both work. What I don't know ( forgive me if it is a silly question) but what happens if we are both in the car and somebody rings one of the phones?

Submitted: 20/02/2016 11:50:25 | ID: 127889

David Jenkins, West Midlands

Citroen C4

I have recently found large damp patches on my back seat. These spread the length of the seat and is part on back of the seats. The windows have not been open and the door seals seem ok. Any ideas to the cause?

Submitted: 18/02/2016 18:01:10 | ID: 127825

Liam Davies , Rhondda Cynon Taf

Citroen C4

Hi I've just bought a 07 plate vtr plus and the service light bleeped and now its saying economy mode the car starts and drives fine.do I need to be worried.can anyone help me.

emmanuel, your battery is getting weak or the power for your battery get less then your car goes on economy mode to save the power for your battery for start up again. test your battery thanks martin from Namibia

Submitted: 12/02/2016 17:45:37 | ID: 127485

Wes Hughes, West Midlands

Citroen C4

C4 I have a 2005 citroen c4 vtr+ I loses power now and the and smells really at times. No engine management light on But depolition warning comes up, Please help what could this be???

check, test your air map sensor, and clean the throttle body and make sure there is no electronic defect, , martin from Namibia

check, test your air map sensor, and clean the throttle body and make sure there is no electronic defect martin from Namibia

Submitted: 09/02/2016 00:00:52 | ID: 127313

Wes Hughes, West Midlands

Citroen C4

The diesel particulate filter is getting clogged with soot. Take it for a long drive at speeds over 40mph, with engine revs at about 2-2500rpm for 5-10 minutes (so run in a gear lower than normal). This will allow the filter to heat up and unclog itself. If this isn't done soon (in mileage terms), the filter may clog beyond "self-clean" ability and then require replacement. William Strachan from Leicestershire

Submitted: 08/02/2016 23:59:43 | ID: 127312

Dave Ross, Berkshire

Citroen C4

When parked which wiper is at the bottom of the screen?

When parked which wiper is at the bottom of the screen? I live on the Isle of Man. Dave Ross from Berkshire

Email address is correct you don't list the Isle of Man in your drop Down list Dave Ross from Berkshire

Submitted: 29/01/2016 05:35:40 | ID: 126840

Dave Ross, Berkshire

Citroen C4

When parked which wiper is at the bottom of the screen?

Submitted: 29/01/2016 05:33:08 | ID: 126839

Mr ramzan , Stockton-on-Tees

Citroen C4

Where's front fog lights fuse please help me

Submitted: 25/01/2016 21:56:28 | ID: 126702