CITROEN C3 PICASSO questions and answers

CITROEN C3 Picasso

Ask and answer questions on a variety of CITROEN C3 PICASSO models. Help and advice on everything CITROEN C3 PICASSO. Feel free to ask and answer as many CITROEN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest CITROEN C3 PICASSO questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

joseph cauchi, Malta

Citroen C3 Picasso

Hi the problem is that when i close the driver door it will lock by itself , if i disconnect the battery for resetting the system or its a fault? Thanks HELP HELP?

Submitted: 19/10/2014 09:07:31 | ID: 104841

Jack hobson, Cheshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

Service warning light is displaying intermittently

Submitted: 16/10/2014 08:54:53 | ID: 104681

Michael Jardine, Renfrewshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

The central locking on my C3Picasso is operating without touching the remote on the key fob. Simply closing the drivers door will cause all doors to deadlock. I also have an intermittent problem with the "anti pollution fault" light coming on.. The engine will cut out but stopping the vehicle and then restarting will usually clear the warning light. This can happen two or three times in a week then nothing for two or three weeks. Car is mostly driven in town but with frequent short runs(10 miles) on the motorway. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 13/10/2014 23:31:31 | ID: 104578

raymond, City Of Leicester

Citroen C3 Picasso

i am trying to take battery out to charge i have taken the terminals off undone the realease catch at the right hand side but the battery will not lift out it seems as there is something else holding it in.

Submitted: 11/10/2014 12:03:52 | ID: 104436

Bruce, Greece

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have a C3 2012 Picasso. How do you open the boot?

Submitted: 10/10/2014 22:13:12 | ID: 104410

Andy B, Gloucestershire

Citroen C3 Picasso

When using my C3 Picasso's sat nav, I turn the commentary volume to 0 so that I can listen to music whilst driving. However, the music stops every time the sat nav instructions would have taken place, had the sat nav been turned up. How do I stop the musical blanks.

Submitted: 05/10/2014 11:41:02 | ID: 104079

Ken Ravenscroft, Cheshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

The tailgate opening is very unreliable. Most times it opens without problems however, sometimes it will not open. I have tried locking/unlocking the car many times to no avail - most infuriating when you need to load many items into the boot. I have narrowed it down to a heat problem - when the car is parked with the rear facing into direct sunlight, this is when the problem occurs. Any answers would be most appreciated. Citroen Dealer say they (conveniently) cannot recreate the problems which I believe is their way of wriggling out of rectifying the problem under warranty!

Submitted: 03/10/2014 10:36:29 | ID: 103995

binni, Hull

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have a problem with the folding mirrors as they stopped folding when I use the key lock and never fold when I lock my car, (usually fold inwards when you lock the car using the car keys) and also the brake lights are on continuously while driving on the road, ie the brake lights won`t function while you brake. Both problems started simultaneously. It`s a c3 Picasso 1.6 diesel exclusive 2010 model diesel car. Has anybody got a genuine answer?

Submitted: 28/09/2014 12:27:45 | ID: 103750

dave burrow, Oxfordshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

I`ve just had my C3 fail an MOT because the front side lights are not working, although 3 mechanics at my local MOT station could not work out why? The bulbs are ok and will come on with a separate live wire. Please does anyone know which is the correct fuse for the front side lights? All other lights work ok including rear side lights.

You may have the same problem as mine: water ingress into fuse box in engine compartment. This appears to be a problem for other people too. The repair on mine is likely to cost over £1,000 and the car is only 4 weeks out of warranty with 21,000 mileage. Paul Briggs from Bath and North East Somerset

You may have the same problem as mine: water ingress into fuse box in engine compartment. This appears to be a problem for other people too. The repair on mine is likely to cost over £1,000 and the car is only 4 weeks out of warrantee with 21,000 mileage. Paul Briggs from Bath and North East Somerset

Hi Paul, same as mine ... 21,000 on clock and 2 days out of warranty. Main dealer quoted £1700 TO GET RIGHT and would not agree that C3s had a serious design fault, but I must be mad, I just got a great deal on another new C3, probably as cheap as the repairs because the dealer had £5000 off the retail as well. I just simply love the car! dave burrow from Oxfordshire

Submitted: 25/09/2014 16:50:52 | ID: 103640

Vic, Bath and North East Somerset

Citroen C3 Picasso

This is the 4th Citroen car I have bought over the years with the previous car being a C3 as well . I bought this new 2014 Citroen C3 Picasso Diesel 5 Door Car 2-3 months ago and I have been having problems with leaking door seals on all the doors. The door seals have been modified once but still leaking. I have never had this problem on any of the previous Citroen cars and I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Submitted: 19/09/2014 15:26:32 | ID: 103305

m p edwards, Bristol

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have a judder when pulling away when the engine is cold on my C3 Picasso 1.4 petrol but this disappears when the engine warms up?

Submitted: 17/09/2014 17:53:06 | ID: 103220

Janet reynolds, Merseyside

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have a 2013 model Picasso C3. Problem is it shows engine fault needs repair sign, along with service light. While the service light is on the car loses power, then the light will go out and the power comes back. I`ve been back to the garage but no fault found and they reprogrammed the computer but this fault has just happened again. Can anyone help?

Hi. This can be really scary when it happens on an empty road at night. The same breakdown happened to me 2 years ago in a new C3 Picasso diesel. The problem turned out to be the oil filter. These cars need to be driven over longer distances often to keep the oil filters clear. Too many short trips caused my problem. This issue is well known among the regular drivers and BBC car programme makers. Sanjay Sanjay from Middlesex

Submitted: 11/09/2014 22:18:58 | ID: 102996

Bill Wright, Devon

Citroen C3 Picasso

The armrest on the driver`s seat is a real pain. When it is down, it interferes with both gear changing and the application of the handbrake. Having it folded up it is redundant. Is it an easy fix to remove as a DIY project or does the air bag in the seat preclude that option?Bill Wright

Submitted: 02/09/2014 16:28:25 | ID: 102512

peter, West Sussex

Citroen C3 Picasso

I returned to the car in a car park, closed the door, started the car, and noticed the interior light was flashing. Checked the doors, shut OK. I had been running with headlights on, 'cos of rain and poor visibility, but had turned them off. I touched (only touched) the centre rocker switch on the light, and it stopped flashing. Why did this happen?

Submitted: 26/08/2014 11:48:16 | ID: 102144

Chris Pettet, Hampshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have had this car since February 2014. It came from a supplier in Sheffield, a 2010 model with just 14.5k mileage and initially (apart from needing a new tailgate lock fairly early on) it has been fine until the last six weeks or so. An orange light came on and the message that there was an engine problem needing attention. Obviously concerned, I took it to the nearest Citroen dealer. They did a diagnostic test which initially cleared the problem, but this has now gone on ... and on. It seems to be connected with soot causing problems to the turbo and the warning light coming on - though it's fine to drive and we have driven several hundred miles over the past fortnight. Fortunately the dealer provided a year's warranty, but today, after another time at the garage, the warranty company have said I can ask the garage to remove the turbo for an independent inspection. I am concerned through that it seems I may not necessarily be entitled to cover for any extra work that may be needed. Ironically it seems that the low mileage of the car in its first three years may have contributed to the problem as apparently a turbo engine is better if it has long journey. I am a clergyman, so inevitably much of my travelling is local. Having said that I haven't had problems like this with previous turbo diesels I have owned. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Submitted: 21/08/2014 14:32:40 | ID: 101869

Vic, Bath and North East Somerset

Citroen C3 Picasso

I recently purchased 2014 C3 Picasso HDI and the door seals are letting in water. Has anyone else had the same problem please?

Submitted: 20/08/2014 16:00:24 | ID: 101822

P cramphorn, Leicestershire

Citroen C3 Picasso

How do I remove the steering column cover please?

Submitted: 12/08/2014 18:29:52 | ID: 101389

SimonM, Cheshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

My C3 Picasso is 4 years old with 23k miles on the clock. Dealer has advised me of an oil leak from the oil pump. Has anyone any experience of this fault? Is it a known defect? Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Submitted: 11/08/2014 21:14:06 | ID: 101352

Carole Faulkner, Essex

Citroen C3 Picasso

I've a C3Po - can I switch the headlights to dip the other way when driving on the right in Europe? many thanks

Submitted: 07/08/2014 13:59:57 | ID: 101074

Peter Barrett, Wiltshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

When in low gear heading down a strap slope, a chugging like sound can be heard from the brakes. It was serviced in the last couple of weeks and cleared with no issues. Any ideas?

Submitted: 04/08/2014 09:18:38 | ID: 100876

Tony, Gloucestershire

Citroen C3 Picasso

How can I change the radio volume to 0 (no sound) when starting the engine. It always comes on at volume 3. The only thing I want is traffic (TA) Each time after the traffic report, back to volume 3 again. My other 3 Citroens worked as I wanted.

Submitted: 02/08/2014 18:34:05 | ID: 100779

ivan, Bedfordshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

How do you select "Park" on gear lever? How does car perform on long trips ie 300 miles each way?

Submitted: 02/08/2014 17:53:25 | ID: 100774

Tracy kempson, Powys

Citroen C3 Picasso

60 plate exclusive mode. My wings mirrors folded up as I was pulling up on my drive . Tried locking and unlocking car but mirrors stay folded ! Frustrating as cant find anything in hand book . Ive had this car 3 monthsonly. Any ideas?

Sounds like you hit the mirror fold button, it over rides the lock/unlock. Use the controls on the drivers door, you can adjust the mirrors etc, but the long button between the mirror control and the window buttons, you don't press it, you kind of pull it/ slide it towards the back of the car.. Dave from Kent

Submitted: 29/07/2014 22:05:31 | ID: 100570

Ray, West Midlands

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have a C3 Picasso 2010, and both rear side brake lights are not working, but the central one above the tailgate is working. Oddly, the manual does not seem to show where the fuse for the brake lights (which I would have thought is the obvious cause) is located. Can anyone advise?

Submitted: 24/07/2014 18:20:03 | ID: 100292

Rick Prutton, Hertfordshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have 2010 reg with only 12000 miles. the usb socket has stopped working, the cd and radio are ok. has any one had the same problem. what do i do to fix it.

Submitted: 10/07/2014 17:58:03 | ID: 99389

jimmy, West Midlands

Citroen C3 Picasso

Wipers on my Picasso are chattering. Can anybody help?

had the same problem initially - very annoying. Read on some forum that you need to bend the end of the arm slightly so that the blade is at right angles to the screen. It worked for me mike from Somerset

Submitted: 09/07/2014 16:22:59 | ID: 99330

Mr I.A. Symonds, Cornwall

how to find and wire for a tow bar 2010 exclusive

Submitted: 08/07/2014 23:21:09 | ID: 99280

Chris. Skelton, Devon

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have just bought (just under 4 weeks ago) a used Citroen C3 Picasso (1.6 HDi 90bhp 8V) reg. in March 2011 but with very low miles (1750 miles). The car is in 'perfect' condition and I do like the car very much, but my enjoyment of actually driving the car is being spoilt by an annoying constant low background 'rumble' which I assume is coming from either the suspension or the tyres. I have driven another C3 Picasso,(same engine, same age, same alloys and tyres - but 12,000 miles) and regrettably there is the same noise (for some reason I didn't notice this on the 'test drive'?). The only difference is mine is an 'Exclusive' and the other was a 'VTR+'. Is there any cure for this - I really do hope there is some solution?

my c3 picasso is the same, you will find it is wind noise jcx from Tyne and Wear

my c3 Picasso is the same, you will find it is wind noise jcx from Tyne and Wear

Submitted: 17/06/2014 12:58:32 | ID: 97890

marian england, Bristol

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have a C3 Picasso diesel five door 13 reg. The black plastic surrounds around the locks on the driver and front passenger doors have "dropped" off. First the driver and then the passenger on two separate occasions. I don't know exactly when or where. When I took it to the dealer ship (with just the driver side one gone) for a service, I was told that I must have "tapped" it!! Then the other one fell off! I was told that I would have to replace the whole door handle at £103 plus vat. The way the dealer was talking it appears that this has happened before. Has this happened to anyone else and how did they deal with it?

Submitted: 06/06/2014 10:08:16 | ID: 97037

Deano, Derbyshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

Hi I have the 1.6 VTR+ HDI could any one tell me when the glow plugs are to come on as I have not seen the light on yet. the car starts ok, I have been told that the temp has to be very cold for the glow plug light to come on.

Submitted: 30/05/2014 10:00:26 | ID: 96497

Heather Gillen, South Ayrshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

Need help/talk through on how to set up pairing of Bluetooth with IPhone 5C please! Thought it would easy but I keep getting a long number then nothing :( Just purchased an 11 plate but don't want to look silly taking it back for this slight technical problem, thanks folks, any help appreciated!!!!!

Submitted: 24/05/2014 10:33:05 | ID: 96052

J Roberts, Cheshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

The clutch operating system has failed for the second time , first time at 43k , now at 72k. Citroen paid up half repair cost the first time. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Surely designing an operating system to last more than 50k is not too difficult.

Submitted: 22/05/2014 18:01:02 | ID: 95943

Richard, Derbyshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

My Citreon c3 picaso 2014 tailgate won't open it has opened twice though.Help please,Richard uk

Submitted: 22/05/2014 13:21:04 | ID: 95927

chris, Lancashire

Citroen C3 Picasso

Without any warning lights coming on to indicate a problem i can hear an audible one off warning "bell" when turning left at slow speed, only left and only at slow speeds. No idea why. I've had wheels and brakes checked but no sign of any problem .Any ideas?

I have a c3 Picasso exclusive 2011 16 hdi, the same thing happened to me, i discovered on my car there are proximity switches under the seat base, this is linked to the seat belt warning alarm. If a passenger disconnects the seat belt while the car is being driven you get an alarm bell sound and the seat belt display flashes. I had some shopping bags on the passenger seat and when I went over a bump or around a bend in the road the shopping bag activated the seat switch and for a split second set the seat belt alarm to go off jcx from Tyne and Wear

Submitted: 22/05/2014 09:31:09 | ID: 95912

Laura miller, Somerset

Citroen C3 Picasso

STEERING WHEEL ADJUSTMENT I have the model with the three small control dials on the central panel, my manual is for the other set up. How do I alter my steering wheel height ?

Submitted: 20/05/2014 11:58:30 | ID: 95761

Douglas Ros, Belgium

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have a 2014 C3 Picasso Exclusive. Tyre warning came up "adjust tyre pressures and reinitialise warning"or something similar. The issue now is that the tyre warning light stays on even though tyre pressures have been corrected. The local Citroen garage had inflated tyres too much thereby giving the alarm when driving. Does anyone know how to reset (reinitialise) the warning light? Thank you

I now have the answer from Citroen. This warning can only be reset by a Citroen dealer using computer diagnostics...or going through a complex process of disconnecting the battery a number of times in quick succession with ignition on...this resets the car CPU unit, apparently. I would not recommend the latter!! Douglas Ros from Belgium

Check your tyre pressure and then reinitialise the system from the main monitor. menu>vehickle config>tyres pressure>ok Sax from Russia

Hi this is not an answer as such but a question about the answer given the only the dealer can reset the system so does that mean that every time the light comes on and I adjust the pressures to what they should be I then have to make an appointment at a Citreon dealer which could be hundreds of miles away to get it sorted? To me that sounds ridiculous and unnecessary. Michael Todd from County Down

Hi me again, my C3 Picasso does not have the tyre pressure choice in the configure menu. Does that mean I am off to the dealer then? Michael Todd from County Down

Submitted: 17/05/2014 16:04:04 | ID: 95622

Julie Harkin, West Yorkshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

My husband has just purchased a 2011 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive and we have found that the passenger side door does not open automatically when the fob is used to unlock the vehicle. The door opens perfectly when opened from the inside and also when it has been opened and closed again without locking. Does anyone know a reason for this and is it possible to rectify the problem? Thank you so much in advance for any help you can offer us.

Submitted: 05/05/2014 08:27:16 | ID: 95098

ken, Hampshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

My battery went flat and then my 2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso was a bandit to start but is now fine. Has anyone got any idea as to why this was so difficult to start, as it needed to be cranked over for what seemed ages and I sure don't want this to happen when away from home? Many thanks.

if this is a diesel it could be that the glow plugs could need replacing. You should always leave the ignition switched on for a short period of time before actually cranking it over. Rob.. rob may from Hampshire

Submitted: 04/05/2014 13:24:54 | ID: 95078

Alan Jay, Bedfordshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

This is my second C3 and they have both displayed "antipollution fault". The first car took a lot of clearing and it has now happened again. The c3 picasso, is a 1.4 petrol, and has done 29000 miles. I have had it for 2.5 years, with no problems. I took it to a diagnostic garrage, who hooked it up to a computer which advised a camshaft sensor message. They reset the system to default and took it for a road test at varying speeds. This cured it, but it has now again come on. Any advice please ?

The problem was a faulty camshaft sensor. Total cost to replace plus labour, was £80 A. Jay from Bedfordshire

Submitted: 29/04/2014 16:18:42 | ID: 94880

susan, Rhondda Cynon Taf

Citroen C3 Picasso

how d yu open the bonnet on c3 picasso 2010? I know where the bonnet lever is.......near floor on passenger side.....its actually opening the bonnet i cant do.......read the manual and i cant find the lever to turn it left too open??????? I have had car 2 weeks.......

with your hand face down move it approx. 3-5 inches to the right of centre of the bonnet. you will feel the lever. move your hand to the left. this will release the bonnet & you can then lift it up. Rob.. rob may from Hampshire

Submitted: 24/04/2014 11:35:16 | ID: 94630