CITROEN C3 PICASSO questions and answers

CITROEN C3 Picasso

Ask and answer questions on a variety of CITROEN C3 PICASSO models. Help and advice on everything CITROEN C3 PICASSO. Feel free to ask and answer as many CITROEN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest CITROEN C3 PICASSO questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Ray, West Midlands

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have a C3 Picasso 2010, and both rear side brake lights are not working, but the central one above the tailgate is working. Oddly, the manual does not seem to show where the fuse for the brake lights (which I would have thought is the obvious cause) is located. Can anyone advise?

Submitted: 24/07/2014 18:20:03 | ID: 100292

Rick Prutton, Hertfordshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have 2010 reg with only 12000 miles. the usb socket has stopped working, the cd and radio are ok. has any one had the same problem. what do i do to fix it.

Submitted: 10/07/2014 17:58:03 | ID: 99389

jimmy, West Midlands

Citroen C3 Picasso

Wipers on my Picasso are chattering. Can anybody help?

Submitted: 09/07/2014 16:22:59 | ID: 99330

Mr I.A. Symonds, Cornwall

how to find and wire for a tow bar 2010 exclusive

Submitted: 08/07/2014 23:21:09 | ID: 99280

Chris. Skelton, Devon

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have just bought (just under 4 weeks ago) a used Citroen C3 Picasso (1.6 HDi 90bhp 8V) reg. in March 2011 but with very low miles (1750 miles). The car is in 'perfect' condition and I do like the car very much, but my enjoyment of actually driving the car is being spoilt by an annoying constant low background 'rumble' which I assume is coming from either the suspension or the tyres. I have driven another C3 Picasso,(same engine, same age, same alloys and tyres - but 12,000 miles) and regrettably there is the same noise (for some reason I didn't notice this on the 'test drive'?). The only difference is mine is an 'Exclusive' and the other was a 'VTR+'. Is there any cure for this - I really do hope there is some solution?

Submitted: 17/06/2014 12:58:32 | ID: 97890

marian england, Bristol

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have a C3 Picasso diesel five door 13 reg. The black plastic surrounds around the locks on the driver and front passenger doors have "dropped" off. First the driver and then the passenger on two separate occasions. I don't know exactly when or where. When I took it to the dealer ship (with just the driver side one gone) for a service, I was told that I must have "tapped" it!! Then the other one fell off! I was told that I would have to replace the whole door handle at £103 plus vat. The way the dealer was talking it appears that this has happened before. Has this happened to anyone else and how did they deal with it?

Submitted: 06/06/2014 10:08:16 | ID: 97037

Deano, Derbyshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

Hi I have the 1.6 VTR+ HDI could any one tell me when the glow plugs are to come on as I have not seen the light on yet. the car starts ok, I have been told that the temp has to be very cold for the glow plug light to come on.

Submitted: 30/05/2014 10:00:26 | ID: 96497

Heather Gillen, South Ayrshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

Need help/talk through on how to set up pairing of Bluetooth with IPhone 5C please! Thought it would easy but I keep getting a long number then nothing :( Just purchased an 11 plate but don't want to look silly taking it back for this slight technical problem, thanks folks, any help appreciated!!!!!

Submitted: 24/05/2014 10:33:05 | ID: 96052

John Roberts, Cheshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

The clutch operating system has failed for the second time , first time at 43k , now at 72k. Citroen paid up half repair cost the first time. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Surely designing an operating system to last more than 50k is not too difficult.

Submitted: 22/05/2014 18:01:02 | ID: 95943

Richard, Derbyshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

My Citreon c3 picaso 2014 tailgate won't open it has opened twice though.Help please,Richard uk

Submitted: 22/05/2014 13:21:04 | ID: 95927

chris, Lancashire

Citroen C3 Picasso

Without any warning lights coming on to indicate a problem i can hear an audible one off warning "bell" when turning left at slow speed, only left and only at slow speeds. No idea why. I've had wheels and brakes checked but no sign of any problem .Any ideas?

Submitted: 22/05/2014 09:31:09 | ID: 95912

Laura miller, Somerset

Citroen C3 Picasso

STEERING WHEEL ADJUSTMENT I have the model with the three small control dials on the central panel, my manual is for the other set up. How do I alter my steering wheel height ?

Submitted: 20/05/2014 11:58:30 | ID: 95761

Douglas Ros, Belgium

Citroen C3 Picasso

I have a 2014 C3 Picasso Exclusive. Tyre warning came up "adjust tyre pressures and reinitialise warning"or something similar. The issue now is that the tyre warning light stays on even though tyre pressures have been corrected. The local Citroen garage had inflated tyres too much thereby giving the alarm when driving. Does anyone know how to reset (reinitialise) the warning light? Thank you

I now have the answer from Citroen. This warning can only be reset by a Citroen dealer using computer diagnostics...or going through a complex process of disconnecting the battery a number of times in quick succession with ignition on...this resets the car CPU unit, apparently. I would not recommend the latter!! Douglas Ros from Belgium

Check your tyre pressure and then reinitialise the system from the main monitor. menu>vehickle config>tyres pressure>ok Sax from Russia

Submitted: 17/05/2014 16:04:04 | ID: 95622

Julie Harkin, West Yorkshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

My husband has just purchased a 2011 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive and we have found that the passenger side door does not open automatically when the fob is used to unlock the vehicle. The door opens perfectly when opened from the inside and also when it has been opened and closed again without locking. Does anyone know a reason for this and is it possible to rectify the problem? Thank you so much in advance for any help you can offer us.

Submitted: 05/05/2014 08:27:16 | ID: 95098

ken, Hampshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

My battery went flat and then my 2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso was a bandit to start but is now fine. Has anyone got any idea as to why this was so difficult to start, as it needed to be cranked over for what seemed ages and I sure don't want this to happen when away from home? Many thanks.

if this is a diesel it could be that the glow plugs could need replacing. You should always leave the ignition switched on for a short period of time before actually cranking it over. Rob.. rob may from Hampshire

Submitted: 04/05/2014 13:24:54 | ID: 95078

Alan Jay, Bedfordshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

This is my second C3 and they have both displayed "antipollution fault". The first car took a lot of clearing and it has now happened again. The c3 picasso, is a 1.4 petrol, and has done 29000 miles. I have had it for 2.5 years, with no problems. I took it to a diagnostic garrage, who hooked it up to a computer which advised a camshaft sensor message. They reset the system to default and took it for a road test at varying speeds. This cured it, but it has now again come on. Any advice please ?

The problem was a faulty camshaft sensor. Total cost to replace plus labour, was £80 Alan Jay from Bedfordshire

Submitted: 29/04/2014 16:18:42 | ID: 94880

susan, Rhondda Cynon Taf

Citroen C3 Picasso

how d yu open the bonnet on c3 picasso 2010? I know where the bonnet lever is.......near floor on passenger side.....its actually opening the bonnet i cant do.......read the manual and i cant find the lever to turn it left too open??????? I have had car 2 weeks.......

with your hand face down move it approx. 3-5 inches to the right of centre of the bonnet. you will feel the lever. move your hand to the left. this will release the bonnet & you can then lift it up. Rob.. rob may from Hampshire

Submitted: 24/04/2014 11:35:16 | ID: 94630

Craig, East Riding of Yorkshire

Citroen C3 Picasso

I thought the mirrors folded when you lock the vehicle I have a 2011 c3 which I have just bought dealer says no but I am still unsure I think he was saying this it says the dealer can deactivate this function any one have any suggestions

the mirrors will only automatically fold in on an Exclusive model when locking. Rob rob may from Hampshire

Submitted: 13/04/2014 19:08:19 | ID: 94183

Paul Davies, Devon

Citroen C3 Picasso 2003

Hi, I need to replace the comm unit in my Citroen C3 Picasso. How do you remove the cowling on the steering wheel column to check the correct number of the comm unit? I look forward to hearing from someone. (Hdi Exclusive)

Submitted: 03/04/2014 09:54:56 | ID: 93824

Pat, Norfolk

Citroen C3 Picasso 2011

The dashboard storage compartment has jammed on my Citroen C3 Picasso. You are supposed to just touch it and it releases but it won’t. I am desperate to get in as my Mum`s disabled badge is in there which she needs to display. I would be eternally grateful if anybody could advise please? Thanks in advance.

Submitted: 20/03/2014 12:58:03 | ID: 63073

Sean Twamley, Cardiff

Citroen C3 Picasso 2009

I have a 2009 Citroen C3 Picasso VTR+ and I’ve noticed that after driving and turning off the engine the car automatically locks itself after a few minutes. I’ve made sure I’m not accidentally pressing the remote control on the key and I can’t find anything in the handbook. If this is normal it’s quite useful (as long as I don’t leave the keys in the car!). Has anybody else come across this? (vtr+)

you could have this disabled in the main menu. All the time the keys are in the ignition you will have no problems. Rob rob may from Hampshire

Submitted: 17/03/2014 11:25:02 | ID: 62872

Anne Joseph, London

Citroen C3 Picasso 2009

I purchased my Citroen C3 Picasso in 2011 second hand. Every year since then without fail I have had the Anti Pollution Faulty indicator come on, almost exactly at the same time yearly and it needed replacing. In fact this year it has come on in less than 7 months since renewal. I like my car but it`s becoming quite a costly and annoying matter. Any advice?

Submitted: 04/03/2014 10:41:27 | ID: 62516

James Purves, Cumberland

Citroen C3 Picasso 2009

On the dash of my Citroen C3 Picasso it used to tell me how many miles before refuelling. Now all it does is show 6412 with a picture of a car with arrows pointing forwards and something that looks like a lollipop at the back of the car. Does anyone know how to revert it back to the miles to go setting? Thanks. (vtr+)

Press the end of the wiper stalk and it scrolls through the different functions, mpg, miles left in tank, miles since last zeroed etc. Rob Wright from Somerset

Submitted: 21/02/2014 11:01:18 | ID: 59447

Dave Burrow, Oxfordshire

Citroen C3 Picasso 2011

Can anyone please explain why a light panel is lit up on my Citroen C3 Picasso, white during the day and orange at night? This panel is on the front side of the instrument panel, sort of behind the speedo, facing forwards and visible through the windscreen. Surely this is not legal? (connexion)

I believe this is to do with the "eco" energy saving facility built into the vehicle, ie during the day the panel is backlit using available daylight coming through the windscreen and appears white, and only as the natural light fades, say at dusk or on very overcast days, does the vehicle sense the gathering gloom and automatically turns on the orange light behind the panel. This is not illegal Sean Twamley from Cardiff

Submitted: 18/02/2014 13:01:02 | ID: 62207

Cath, Ireland

Citroen C3 Picasso 2011

I recently discovered that the rear passenger door of my Citroen C3 Picasso does not lock, either by fob or manually. The other doors work fine and the fob doesn’t give any indication that the door isn’t working. I also have to replace the brake lights pretty often and the headlights too. Has anyone else had the door problem and how did you fix it?

Submitted: 31/01/2014 09:41:53 | ID: 61553

Janice Bantock, Hertfordshire

Citroen C3 Picasso 2010

I filled up my Citroen C3 Picasso`s washer bottle in August and the washer did not work although it was working fine up till then. I replaced the fuse and it immediately blew. My mechanic replaced the motor for the washer bottle and it still blew the fuse. Auto Lee Patrician diagnosed that the fuse box was at fault and replaced the fuse box and now it`s okay. Why? (hdi)

This is a well known issue with Citroen Picasso C3 2009/10 but Citroen say it is not an inherent fault. The windscreen washer pump is known to be faulty and unfit for purpose but Citroen will not acknowledge this because of the projected expense involved. They may offer some good will but will not pay for the full repair and replacement and most of us accept that when in reality they are responsible and should put things right. Unfortunately, individual owners don’t collate their efforts and speak as a body with influence and are fobbed off. See also on this site Q&A/Citroen/C3 Picasso. item from Bon of Eastlothian, Haddingtonshire. He’s got it in one; water pumped into the fuse box causing corrosion and failure of electrics. The dealerships appreciate the work. Purely a personal observation... when you open the bonnet into the engine bay you will see on the left a black rubber tube - that takes the water from the washer pump to the windscreen. However, be careful when closing the bonnet as this tube doubles up and can be pinched between the bonnet and boddywork below. I think because of this obstruction the pump pushes the washer water through the harness and into the fuse box where it corrodes the wiring of the car electrics. Obviously a design fault with possible dangerous consequences of ignition cut out or even lights blackout John from England

Submitted: 14/01/2014 10:38:16 | ID: 60697

Irene Preston, Worcestershire

Citroen C3 Picasso 2011

I have water moving from side to side in the engine compartment of my Citroen C3 Picasso which I think could be a drainage hole blockage below the wiper mechanism. Can you advise how to access the drainage holes? (1.6 HDi)

Drainage holes in a scuttle area are usually on both sides near to the wings. They block up with leaves. Martin (Master technician 20 + years) from Durham

I had exactly this problem. Access the drain hole on driver’s side by opening the bonnet. Then unclip the small black plastic vent grille panel about 18 inches/22cm long; you can see into the scuttle area below the windscreen. I put my hand in to find it full of water. There is a black rubber ring, which is just visible and it was full of dirt and leaves, which I cleaned out. There is a smaller hole just to the right 1 inch/2 cm, which is not as visible, but you can push your finger in to locate it. There is also a drain hole on the passenger side, but it is more difficult to access. I just got a long fairly stiff wire and fed it through finding the end coming out under the wing behind the spring. A bit of a squeeze but got it cleaned out. All okay for now. Andrew Taylor from England

Submitted: 02/01/2014 15:27:44 | ID: 60104

Roger, Kent

Citroen C3 Picasso 2011

Is it possible to change the speedometer reading on my C3 Picasso from MPH to KPH and if so how please?

You can change from MPH to KPH Using the menus on the on board computer, you use the buttons on the console, start by pressing menu and then work your way through the options. It’s easy. Russ from Cheshire

Submitted: 31/12/2013 14:46:38 | ID: 59740

Martin, Staffordshire

Citroen C3 Picasso 2010

I have a Citroen C3 Picasso and when turning the engine on there is no immediate power steering assistance evident. The steering wheel is almost impossible to turn and then after approx 30 seconds or more all is well. Normally the power steering is fully functional immediately the engine starts, but on two occasions very recently I have experienced the delay as detailed above. I am concerned that a) the power steering may continue to have this issue until there is a total failure or b) the power steering may fail whilst the vehicle is being driven. Does anyone have any ideas on what this problem could be? (1.4 VTR+)

Submitted: 31/12/2013 14:35:20 | ID: 59951

Karen Connell, England

Citroen C3 Picasso 2012

We are attempting to connect my Sony xperia z1 phone to the Bluetooth connectivity in my Citroen C3 Picasso. It says it has paired but when you make a call the Bluetooth disconnects almost immediately after the other person has picked up. Has anybody experienced this and if so can anyone help me?

Hello Karen, same phone, same problem! Until now, Citroen has no answer. I have another phone from china unknown brand, it has the same problem, just 2-3 sec and hang up. Thomas from Germany

I have the same issue with a 2013 Berlingo van and a Sony Z1. Have managed to get an answer for this? Raymond Allardyce from Ayrshire

Submitted: 20/12/2013 12:21:54 | ID: 59586

Jo Du Plessis, South Africa

Citroen C3 Picasso 2010

We had our Citroen C3 Picasso`’s clutch replaced after the thrust bearing packed up. As we drove from the garage the engine fault light came on. We took it back for a diagnostic test which gives oxygen sensor and brake fault. What could the reason be as the car was in perfect condition before we took it for thrust bearing?

Hi, it does seem that the garage has messed something up. I’ve replied to say I hope they sort it out for you and at their expense. I’ve got one on order with a delivery date of late April. Fingers crossed! Richard from England

Submitted: 19/12/2013 14:24:20 | ID: 59519

Alexis Burgess, Buckinghamshire

Citroen C3 Picasso 2009

Has anyone had a problem with the main computer of this Citroen C3 Picasso (BMI or something?)? I`ve had a few electrical niggles resulting in the service light coming on and off and replacing headlights several times a year. Now it`s failed it`s MOT due to not being able to fix the headlight problem. I`m looking at £90 just for diagnostic before any repair work. I`m extremely disappointed with this car, worst for reliability in my 15 years of motoring. Any suggestions please? (Exclusive)

Hi. Check in the fuse box under the bonnet. There are 3 multi plugs. The middle 1 is labelled maroon. Unclip it prob take the left 1 out first. Check in the socket for corrosion or moisture. I have had problems with lights and it was water ingress. Wrecked the loom & fuse box. Seems to be a design flaw. Had 1 covered by Citroen as it’s around £1k job. Awaiting 2nd now Bon from East Lothian (Haddingtonshire)

Had similar issues with head lights and brakelights constantly going. Also a much bigger and yet unsolved problem. Back door not locking either with or without Fob. Hope you find a solution to your problem. I checked the fusebox and no obvious damp in there. Cath from Ireland<br />

Submitted: 09/12/2013 16:03:33 | ID: 58943

Will Rogers, Warwickshire

Citroen C3 Picasso 2010

I have a Citroen C3 Picasso vtr+ 2010 reg. The radio works perfectly but the cd player does not. It accepts a disc and after scanning the disc is ejected. Any advice please? (vtr+hdi)

Submitted: 06/12/2013 10:00:25 | ID: 58891

William Rogers, Warwickshire

Citroen C3 Picasso 2010

My Citroen C3 Picasso`s radio works fine but the cd player does not work, it ejects any disc that is introduced into the player slot. Any ideas please? (vtr+1-6 hdi)

Submitted: 06/12/2013 08:50:13 | ID: 56826

Liz Moss, France

Citroen C3 Picasso 2012

Could someone tell me if it is possible to turn the radio off completely in my Citroen C3 Picasso and if so how?

On my C3 Picasso you press the volume knob to turn the radio on and off. Mans Hagberg from Sweden

Submitted: 05/12/2013 14:50:02 | ID: 58818

Mary Williams, Shropshire

Citroen C3 Picasso 2010

When travelling at 50+ mph there’s an awful whistling from the mirrors on my Citroen C3 Picasso. What can I do?

I dont know the answer but mine also does this and its driving me crazy. joanne from West Midlands

Submitted: 19/11/2013 11:50:28 | ID: 58083

Dave Smailes, Gloucestershire

Citroen C3 Picasso 2011

Can I retrofit the LED daylight running lights on my Citroen C3 Picasso as seen on the latest models? (1.6 HDi VTR+)

Submitted: 18/11/2013 11:31:02 | ID: 58013

Stephanie Harrison, Lancashire

Citroen C3 Picasso 2009

I had an oil change on my Citroen C3 Picasso 3 weeks ago. Driving along the motorway last week the oil pressure warning light came on and a STOP sign. I checked the oil level but it was too high. I had about half a litre removed and it went about 100 miles but then the warning light came back on. Is it the light or sensor that is faulty or might it be a real engine problem?

Submitted: 15/11/2013 11:06:53 | ID: 57899

Sue Judge, Hertfordshire

Citroen C3 Picasso 2013

I purchased my new Citroen C3 Picasso and from the day I collected it have had problems. Firstly pulling away in first gear is fine but once I change into second gear the engine loses power. I have to pull into the side of the road, turn the engine off and then immediately restart the engine and the fault disappears. This happened 4 times in the 5 weeks I have had the car. Today reversing out of my drive the engine stopped and will not restart. AA came out and admitted they have little knowledge of the engine - this is supposed to be Citroen Assistance. Has anyone else had this problem as the garage tell me they have not had this problem before?

Submitted: 04/11/2013 15:56:41 | ID: 57248

Bill Allport, East Lothian (Haddingtonshire)

Citroen C3 Picasso 2010

I would like to know how to remove the plastic lining from the inside of the rear (i.e. tail-gate) door on my Citroen C3 Picasso? Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated. (1.6 HDi 90HP Exclusive)

Submitted: 28/10/2013 15:08:15 | ID: 56774