CITROEN C3 questions and answers

Ask and answer questions on a variety of CITROEN C3 models. Help and advice on everything CITROEN C3. Feel free to ask and answer as many CITROEN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest CITROEN C3 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

des, County Antrim

Citroen C3

The steering wheel is locked until the key is turned. But after turning the key to the release position the wheel is very hard - almost impossible - to turn IS THIS NORMAL? (When the engine actually starts the power steering kicks in and all seems normal.)

Submitted: 27/07/2017 18:09:41 | ID: 142772

Citroen C3

the problem is some times reading tempreture fault end the engine cold after few second the reading normal

Submitted: 20/07/2017 09:20:42 | ID: 142653

Christolite, Essex

Citroen C3

Hi please I need help and advice about my Citroën c3 2003 when driving it some time I lose power with my foot flat down on the accelerator the car park go slow but when I turn the engine off and back again than the power comes back ??

Submitted: 20/07/2017 01:14:53 | ID: 142648

amy, Kent

Citroen C3

when driving car makes a beeping noise three times, then the snowflake and S symbol both appear on dashboard, car sounds like it has to work a lot harder and if driving up a hill the speed drops drastically (50mph to 14mph in the space of a few seconds). if I pull over and turn the car off and restart it goes back to normal but this isn't always possible (when on motorway). why is it doing this and what do I do to sort it? thank you.

Submitted: 18/07/2017 16:02:59 | ID: 142622

Magda Douries, South Africa

Citroen C3

My Citroen c3 2006 anti pollution faulty. Can I keep on driving?

Submitted: 17/07/2017 11:06:29 | ID: 142604

Georgina sefton, Greater Manchester

Citroen C3

Hi i,ve just seen a serv light come on then after about 10 seconds went back off but my car feels a bit sluggish anyone no whats wrong with it. Its a 56 plate 1.2 petrol Thanks

Submitted: 06/07/2017 16:16:48 | ID: 142398

Bernese, Lincolnshire

Citroen C3

hi the attendant at the garaged filled my car up with petrol she placed the cap back on set of and when I came to a junction my car cut out and every time I slowed down it did start straight of way do you no whats up with it

Submitted: 02/07/2017 18:33:11 | ID: 142328

Christopher Morris, Leicestershire

The £740.00 quote for a c3 is for a c3 1.2 puretech vtr+

Submitted: 01/07/2017 21:33:25 | ID: 142304

Christopher Morris, Leicestershire

Citroen C3

Does anyone know where to get a new exhaust from other than a Citroen main dealer as i can find no one else to supply the middle and rear section ( to replace original one piece factory fitted system) as Citroen has quoted me £740.00 for parts plus extra for fitting which is outrageous for a car just over 3 years old with 18000 miles on the clock and yes that is seven hundred and forty pounds.

Submitted: 01/07/2017 21:29:23 | ID: 142303

Citroen C3

rong indicator tempreture lamp sometimes after few second the reading is normal and the motor tempreture normal and radiator cooling fan run normaly

Submitted: 27/06/2017 09:34:00 | ID: 142191

Citroen C3

indicator tempreture lamp rong reading sometime indicator reading maximum after secand reading normal the radiator fan cooling run normal

Submitted: 27/06/2017 09:25:11 | ID: 142190

JAMES SHIELDS, North Lincolnshire

renew broken earth cable

Submitted: 22/06/2017 12:44:10 | ID: 142071

Rebecca Pyke, Kent

Citroen C3

I have a Citroen c3 automatic and an alarm goes off, followed by the S and * symbols flashing. I then have to pull over and turn them off. If I don't the gears don't change up. Does anyone know why?

Submitted: 12/06/2017 21:18:49 | ID: 141892

Elizabeth Antosik, Durham

Citroen C3

My front windscreen wipers..wipe 3 or 4 times.then stop anywhere on windsceen.have to hit control over and over again

Submitted: 12/06/2017 21:05:02 | ID: 141891

peter newstead, Norfolk

Citroen C3

what size socket do I need to undo the star bolts on the top engine mount

Submitted: 08/06/2017 18:53:20 | ID: 141809

becky, Nottinghamshire

Citroen C3

PLEASE HELP engine warning light and dash says anti-pollution faulty. My car is a 1.4 petrol 2010 less than 30,000 on the clock. So I went to start my car and the engine warning light came on, the dash read anti-pollution faulty, the engine juddered a bit and then cut off. This has happened to me 8 times in the last 3 months. The first mechanic I used changed the spark plugs, then the coil pack and services the car, the second mechanic said the coil pack was faulty so changed it for another new one, he also cleaned the spark plugs, each mechanic worked on the car fixed the fault code and then the car worked fine for a few days then failed on me. So I then decided it needed to go to the dealership. The first time it went in they replaced the crank shaft sensor, worked fine then failed on me again, 2nd time it went in they said the coil pack was faulty so they replaced it (3rd new cool pack in 2 months), it worked and then failed on me. Ithe car is now on its 3rd visit to the dealership. Why does this keep happening? Please if anyone knows what is actually wrong with the car I would be very great full, after it. Reading down 8 times I'm starting to give up hope!!

Submitted: 06/06/2017 11:06:40 | ID: 141760

Simon new, Worcestershire

Citroen C3

I was driving other day and car stalled It wouldn't restart its turning over but not starting I took battery off recharged it I've replaced key fob battery tried jump start and pushing it but still won't fire up any ideas please

Submitted: 03/06/2017 07:53:29 | ID: 141704

John, Norfolk

Citroen C3

Why does my Citroen C3 over rev when parked in the sun shine for a short period of time?

Submitted: 30/05/2017 12:54:41 | ID: 141628

Keith waters, Norfolk

Citroen C3

Car running ok normal revs ,but switch a/c on and engine rate increases decreases but still about 500 revs above normal ,,getting cold air but high revs ,any ideas ?

Submitted: 11/05/2017 13:00:44 | ID: 141246

James Fielding, Dorset

Citroen C3

Central locking issue child safety light is always on, can only open the car drivers door with the key, no passenger doors will open. inside or outside. Changed the battery on the fob and the fuse in glove box, f 16, tried resetting the bsi still to no avail, any help would be greatly appreciated

Sorry I have no answer to solve this problem. I only want to say that I have since a couple of days exactly the same problem and would appreciate your answer If you finally solve the problem to know how it was done or if you get any answers which might indicate the path to a solution. Kind regards, Piet Thijssen Piet Thijssen from Netherlands

Central locking not working all doors locked only open drivers door with key Sandy from Lancashire

Submitted: 30/04/2017 10:30:44 | ID: 141011

Tracy, Namibia

Citroen C3

What I'm experiencing the past day is. I'll start my car and the temperature gauge shows no bars and After a couple of minutes of driving or not even ...for a few seconds only the top bar on the heat gauge flashes with no other bars. And then it goes off. It doesn't happen every time though. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Submitted: 29/04/2017 20:39:30 | ID: 141007

Chris, Cornwall

Citroen C3

Brakes go hard when pushed, then rev engine go back to normal,replaced vacuums pump(s/h)but same problem any help.could it be drum brakes could this be sticking,????

Submitted: 14/04/2017 12:39:10 | ID: 140616

jean, Tyne and Wear

Citroen C3

i have a red light coming on in my car in the shape of a car and it starts beeping what could it be and my car has lost a little bit of power

Submitted: 23/03/2017 19:00:33 | ID: 140111

Jimmy duffy, Tyne and Wear

Citroen C3

Plop battery showing on console. And car will not start. Ignition lights come on but car will not turn over. Can you advise me on possible fault. Thanks

Submitted: 12/03/2017 10:51:22 | ID: 139781

Brown, Surrey

Citroen C3

Computer showing faults with lights but garage has checked all lights working but computer is still flashing.

Check for Faulty earth on either the plug or socket or both on the rear light cluster board J cuthbert from Northumberland

Submitted: 26/02/2017 13:54:50 | ID: 139208

Dom, Lancashire

Citroen C3

C3 vtr 2004 plate,car starts every morning even on very cold mornings or when its been left a few days,problem is i can drive for ten minutes but if i stop the car after that and try to restart it wont start,all the dash lights are on it just clicks and nothing ,if i then leave and come back say 30 mins later then it starts with no problems very frustrating ,could it be a bad earth somewhere?

Submitted: 15/02/2017 22:22:29 | ID: 138954

Donna, Essex

Citroen C3

The silver switch on the left hand side just under the steering wheel which turns the heating on and off has come lose and I have no heating can this be fixed and how ??

Submitted: 11/02/2017 08:15:23 | ID: 138880

Carol, Kent

Citroen C3

I have a C3 Stop Start petrol 2006 - Stop Start Faulty showed went shopping wouldn't start eventually did replaced two batteries and belt would start after a few attempts last week would not start and hasn't since Garage said could not find the problem should take it to citeron have been told this model does not have starter motor? Could the fault be with the alternator?

Submitted: 10/02/2017 21:07:18 | ID: 138874

John Latimer, Highland

Citroen C3

How do you replace reversing light bulb on c3 edition 2016 model, there are no screws or clips to take cover of bulbs

Submitted: 09/02/2017 19:23:34 | ID: 138837

Donna, Essex

Submitted: 06/02/2017 22:22:30 | ID: 138763

Charlene Davies, South Yorkshire

Citroen C3

when I get to 40mph my rev punter is on 2 once I get to 50 60 mph it's on 3 and the engine is so loud is this this normal I bought it from a dealer on Saturday who said all c3s have loud engines it's because it's so close to you but I would like to know if this is normal

Submitted: 01/02/2017 12:16:35 | ID: 138595

W A Moore, Norfolk

Citroen C3

Just parked up in my c3 when there was a loud bang on the drivers side and it felt as though the suspension dropped. Tried to move it an inch but no go terrible grating sound. Prior to this no problems or noises at all.

The driver's side spring has probably broken. Common on C3s. Ask your garage to check. D Kitchin from North Yorkshire

Submitted: 01/02/2017 09:13:35 | ID: 138587

Mark George Davis, Essex

Citroen C3

This car was sitting around for about 6 weeks then my step daughter started to get problems. The battery light came on so I put a new alternator and new battery on. I drove it for around 30mins still with the battery light on, them the air bag light and engine management light etc came on, the steering went stiff and the lights went dim . I changed the alternator thinking it maybe faulty but it is still doing it....I don't know where what to do next. Please help.

Submitted: 19/01/2017 18:38:58 | ID: 138250

Ronald key , West Midlands

Citroen C3

Why does fuel drain back over night have had the primer pump and all pipes replaced went and worked fine for a week and then started to drain back again having to prime to get fuel to start engine once it has stared it will start every time till the following morning when you have to prime it again does anybody know why

Submitted: 18/01/2017 14:52:23 | ID: 138224

Patrick Ferguson, Antrim

Citroen C3

Both back brake lights not working but thiRd stop light on boot works tried the fuses glove box and engine but can't see any that have blown have checked bulbs they seem ok and have checked brake switch at passenger side under dash it's free and goes in and out freely...puzzled

Submitted: 03/01/2017 11:49:56 | ID: 137749

Jean, Cambridgeshire

Citroen C3

Hi I have an 02 C3 that's been well looked after.it starts then cuts out.aa came out and said glow plugs or filter,had them done£150.still same ,AA came again said could be air block so did something to pipes.i still have same problem.When it cuts out airbag light comes on and a bleeping sound.I would be grateful for any solutions.thank you.

Submitted: 30/12/2016 18:03:32 | ID: 137687

Paul, Essex

Citroen C3

My 2004 1.4hdi C3 gives the roughest ride ever over bumps manholes and rough road. Does it actually have any suspension I wonder. It clonks rattles and sounds as if it is falling apart on anything but the smoothest road. I have only just bought it as a cheap run around but it is the worst car I have been in in this respect, even cars going back 50 years old. It passed the M.O.T two months ago so it can't have too much wrong with with the suspension. Is this a "feature" of this model? thanks Paul

Submitted: 20/12/2016 01:19:39 | ID: 137473

Ange, Lancashire

Citroen C3

My windscreen washers do not work I was advised if there is no whirring sound when the washers were activated, I have had the water pump replaced as advised and filled up the reservoir but still no luck, I have only just noticed when I pour in the diluted screen wash it was running out under the car....I am unsure now if it was the pump that was faulty in the first place. I have also cleaned out the pipes and the jets...It is neither front nor back which work.

Submitted: 11/12/2016 14:08:44 | ID: 137317

Binoy Francis K, Qatar

Citroen C3

I bought used Citroen C3 2012 from the showroom. after 3 months using, it was showing Engine fault and getting slow. ( ones in a week ) 1) 1st time the company service center ask to me to change the Spark plug . then i changed. ( showing Engine fault and getting slow. Twice in a week ) 2) Again same problem, then service center told me to clean the fuel tank. ( showing Engine fault and getting slow. Almost every day ) 3) Again same problem , then they made a detailed checking, and told me that, piston ring damaged need to change the piston set . ( Quotation Qr. 14,000/- USD 3835/- ) They i contacted the CEO of the company. then they reduced to Qr. 6,000/- USD 1643/- Now working no problem ... but i feel it will happen same because morning time starting i am feeling not good. PISTON RING CHANGING POSSIBLE OR NOT ? IF PISTON RING DAMAGED, DRIVING POSSIBLE OR NOT ?

Submitted: 15/11/2016 13:10:50 | ID: 136714

Willem, South Africa

Citroen C3

What type of starter does the car use. I want to replace the brushes

Submitted: 29/10/2016 09:28:54 | ID: 136333