CITROEN C1 questions and answers

Ask and answer questions on a variety of CITROEN C1 models. Help and advice on everything CITROEN C1. Feel free to ask and answer as many CITROEN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest CITROEN C1 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Charliy, West Sussex

Citroen C1

Hi, my rear break light stopped working and i thought the bulb had blown. I went to change and swapped it with the indicator light and the bulb was working. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks.

Submitted: 03/12/2016 14:05:27 | ID: 137132

Adam Thomas, City of Nottingham

Citroen C1

Hi. My clock has stopped. All other electronics work just not the clock? Thanks.

Submitted: 14/11/2016 13:55:41 | ID: 136688

Sharon, Yorkshire

Citroen C1

Ive had my car just over a year from new and the button to open the boot has stopped working. What can i do about this?

Submitted: 03/10/2016 16:47:06 | ID: 135682

Evie, City of Nottingham

Citroen C1

Had the car c1 56 plate for a couple of months and noticed when i accelerate particularly between 10 to 40 mph there is a loud grinding noise any ideas if this is normal or... had it into the garage three times and they havent picked it up

Submitted: 27/09/2016 10:23:28 | ID: 135506

Jo. Berrisford, Kent

Citroen C1

I don't know about the cambelt and timing belt...when I need to change them at what mileage or years of car...when I brought my car I never got a book on the car.

C1's have a chain not a cambelt so providing its been looked after and serviced, they should never need replacing. This is what a Citroen Service told me. Nathan Merryfield from Worcestershire

Submitted: 23/09/2016 19:42:03 | ID: 135409

bazz, North Somerset

Citroen C1

i need the cig socket to have continuous power at the moment it only has power when the ignition is on , i note that on the vw7 the fuse can simply be plugged into a different slot ie there are 3 slots and 2 pins on the fuse you move it from slot 1/2 and push into slots 2/3 does the C1 have the same set up ? thanx.

Submitted: 18/09/2016 19:22:05 | ID: 135269

Bethany, Lancashire

Citroen C1

The A/C fan doesn't work and hasn't for quite a while. Could it just be the fuse or would I need the A/C regassing?

Submitted: 14/09/2016 17:36:35 | ID: 135176

Melanie, West Yorkshire

Citroen C1

Citroen C1 Vibe - 56 plate - 96000. The engine is making a loud, rattling sort of noise on first engaging and as disengaging the accelerator, in low revs. Nothing on tick over and the clutch doesn't have any influence. It burbles around town and is easy to stall, but there's no problem at higher speeds /revs and it sings along the motorway. I've seen this same issue appear in several forums, but no one successful answer to the problem! I Apart from the guy who just replaced the engine, which is what my garage suggested.... I'm pretty sure it's a well known C1 fault with the timing and maybe a new engine is a bit over the top!! Thanks for any advice :-)

Submitted: 13/08/2016 04:05:09 | ID: 134316

Charlotte, South Yorkshire

Citroen C1

My C1 is a 12 plate that I purchased a year ago with full service history. As I was driving to work this morning i experienced something odd which has happened once before around 6 months ago. As I am cruising along about 35-40mph each time the car appears to stall. No warning, no noise, I just look down and the engine is off. It is very odd. As the car continues to cruise with the engine off I simply turn the key and the car starts and continues as normal. I recently had it serviced around 2 months ago and it passed with flying colours. I don't understand what is happening or why. Any answers?

Did you get any answers for this as mine is doing the exact same xx Jess from Bridgend

Submitted: 11/08/2016 11:19:27 | ID: 134281

david, Devon

Citroen C1

My 55 registered Picasso will only start on the clutch when engine very hot. It starts on the key on all other occasions.

Submitted: 07/08/2016 14:03:39 | ID: 134174

Jill, City of Derby

Citroen C1

I have an automatic and when I press the acellorator it beeps, not all the time but it seems to struggle could it be the clutch? Any ideas anyone please.

Submitted: 26/07/2016 22:39:26 | ID: 133871

Loraine, Middlesex

Citroen C1

Is there a time delay on heating when you turn it on.

Submitted: 22/06/2016 10:31:43 | ID: 132874

Patricia Park, Aberdeenshire

Citroen C1

My cd/radio player in car hasn't got much volume have to put it up to 34 to get a decent volume

Yeah mine is the same havnt had a good look at it yet cause I be just bought it x Steph from Redcar and Cleveland

Submitted: 02/06/2016 19:39:55 | ID: 132304

Marc, Sweden

Citroen C1

I am due to import a C1 from the EU (Sweden) as we are moving back, and am enquiring about suitability to change the following to UK specifications for getting a Certificate of Conformity from the VOC: Lights to dip left Switching Rear Fog light to right hand side having a MPH and KPH dual facia for the speedometer. Is this possible, and more important what is the ballpark cost of doing something like this?

Submitted: 25/05/2016 16:03:00 | ID: 132024

Lj, Nottinghamshire

Citroen C1

The key will not unlock the petrol cap

Submitted: 21/05/2016 15:57:45 | ID: 131824

beatles46@ hotmail.co.uk, Oxfordshire

What grade oil goes in the engin on the c1

Submitted: 17/05/2016 22:56:30 | ID: 131642

Richard, Isle of Wight

Citroen C1

Hi,I have recently purchased a 2012 C1, and the daytime running lights don't work. I have changed the fuse and the handbook states you can enable or disable them by turning the side lights on and off 3 times when the ignition is on. I have tried this but still no joy. Can you tell me if there is something else I can check? Many thanks

Oh well you can always stick this bulb to your ass ;) Napoleon from Bahrain

Submitted: 12/05/2016 20:58:49 | ID: 131462

Chrissie Stevens, Devon

Citroen C1

Can you tell me if I can include a date on the display as well as time. Thank you very much for your attention.

Submitted: 09/05/2016 11:28:15 | ID: 131332

Mark, Lancashire

Citroen C1

When I open my drivers door the alarm goes off for about a minute then and I dunno why

This happened to me a few weeks ago and I had left my lights on! As soon as I turned them off the beeping stopped. Jess from Northamptonshire

Submitted: 23/04/2016 09:34:26 | ID: 130717

Jones and, Southampton

Citroen C1

How do you retract the aerial to go into the carwash

Submitted: 18/04/2016 21:46:18 | ID: 130563

margaret, Ireland

Citroen C1

my car was making a strange noise on the way home yesterday.On trying to start it last evening it wouldn't start.It made a click and then nothing..all lights etc are working on dash...tried to jump start and still nothing. The manual door locks and boot are dodgy a while now...i'm wondering if its the same thing with the ignition???

Margaret, I am more likely to suggest firstly that the earthing straps are checked, but have the starter motor looked at. There could be an electrical issue causing it but I not inclined to think that your doorlock issue is linked to the starting problem.. the strange noise sounds more like a mechanical problem developing and then failure of the starter. R Evans from Caerphilly

Submitted: 13/04/2016 10:23:15 | ID: 130329

Miriam Samuelson, Austria

Citroen C1

How do I set the clock display forward?

Submitted: 03/04/2016 12:02:30 | ID: 129886

Miriam Samuelson, Austria

Citroen C1

How do I set the clock forward one hour? (I have lost my owner's manual somewhow).

Submitted: 03/04/2016 12:00:59 | ID: 129885

Terence, South Africa

Citroen C1

Hi, I have a crrrrrrrrrr sound coming from the engine compartment, could this be timing or..............?

Submitted: 28/03/2016 13:30:45 | ID: 129575

EMILIA, Hampshire

how much will cost change water pump v belt and roll for citroen c1 diesel

Submitted: 15/03/2016 13:28:14 | ID: 129042

joan alexander, Nottinghamshire

Citroen C1

my citron clock has taken on life and time of its own and unable to adjust it to the correct time It is three years old. 2012 plate

Submitted: 11/03/2016 13:55:53 | ID: 128852

John, Merseyside

Citroen C1

My rear windscreen wiper will not switch off . Any help would be appreciated.

Submitted: 01/03/2016 15:42:35 | ID: 128378

sally banks, Kent

Citroen C1

Water seems to be leaking into the boot of my C1. I I dried it out and then since then it has been washed and has also been in the rain and there is no water coming in. after travelling though the towels i layed down were wet. It appears to be coming from the two what look like 'valves' (not sure what these are) which are each covered by a black cap. Firstly what are these for and could there be a leak coming from them?

I too have the same problem and suspect it's coming from the same place as you. I think it's the top of the shock absorbers, my son is going to take a look tomorrow, so I'll let you know the outcome. I hope it is cos I've tried all the other solutions and yet my boot is so wet it's seeping into the back seat it's doing my head in! Nicola Hughes from Bedfordshire

Submitted: 27/01/2016 10:16:56 | ID: 126761

Nicola, Cardiff

Citroen C1

My horn keeps going off randomly in my Citroen C1 hatchback car ( 2006 ) when I turn steering wheel right and left. I also notice that the ABS yellow warning light comes on when I turn the car on first thing in the morning but disappears when car the warms up. Please can you advise best course of action.

Nicola, the horn issues sounds like you may have a shorting of the wires in the steering column or under the horn button... get someone to pop it off and have a look.. .. with the ABS light.. it should come on when you start up.. it checks its components for correct operation.. on some vehicles it can take a few minutes before it goes out.. others, it's pretty quick.. the important thing being.. it goes out!! R Evans from Caerphilly

Submitted: 09/01/2016 12:22:34 | ID: 125797

graham brinkworth , Greater Manchester

Citroen C1

My car is letting in a lot of rainwater puddles in foot wells Please help

Hi I read on another Forum it is the door seals that fail. Will from Essex

Submitted: 30/12/2015 10:28:21 | ID: 125308

Cheryl Caldwell, Lancashire

Citroen C1

My daughters Citroen C1 horn goes off when the car is on full lock left and right . Please can you help? Many Thanks

Submitted: 28/12/2015 18:39:02 | ID: 125247

Catherine Roberts, Darlington

Citroen C1

Hi, I've just bought this type of car and for some reason my Bluetooth keeps disconnecting. Does anyone know why or how to stop this from happening? Thanks

Submitted: 07/12/2015 21:28:47 | ID: 124452

J, Hampshire

Citroen C1

I pressed the volume button twice on my sisters stereo and the volume wouldn't stop went up to max now it won't go down and won't change atall anyone had this problem or anyone that can help?? It's a 62 plate c1

Submitted: 30/11/2015 12:58:20 | ID: 124204

Neil, Cardiff

Citroen C1

Just received (on lease) A C1 1.2 .The engine sounds just like its missing and throaty .Now I know its only got 3 cylinders but it feels rough as hell to me. We did test a 1.0 before we got this and it was very smooth compared to this. You can hear a "burble" from the exhaust .It reminds me of a 1970s wartburg (slight exaggeration mind).If it had 4 cylinders I would have said one was missing a bit, If you know what I mean.Can anyone shed any light on this ?Is this how they are,normal?

Submitted: 18/11/2015 22:39:50 | ID: 123681

Jade, Hertfordshire

Citroen C1

My boot won't open it worked before and haven't opened it for a while I press the button down and won't open what could it be Citroen c1

Submitted: 03/11/2015 13:40:53 | ID: 123072

Karen, South Africa

Citroen C1

Hi. Every time I push in the clutch it makes a sound like air escaping. Do I need to replace the clutch or is there a setting on the clutch that can be set? Thank you

Submitted: 03/11/2015 10:25:00 | ID: 123054

anthony, Lancashire

Citroen C1

had a head gasket replace 2 weeks ago and the car was running fine then sunday on my way home the stop light came on and the engine cut out and now wont start . when you turn it over it go to start why the starter moter engaged when you let go of key cut back out . as it cut out you can hear air filter suck a load of air. hade it scanned but no codes pressant but throttle position is at 10

Submitted: 27/10/2015 20:34:32 | ID: 122797

Patricia Mary Barrett, Staffordshire

Citroen C1

How to change the clock?

Submitted: 24/10/2015 13:52:03 | ID: 122664

William wade, Devon

Citroen C1

At low speeds the brake pedal turns the radio off for a split second then it turns on again, anyone know why?

Submitted: 08/10/2015 17:45:46 | ID: 122079

Lisa, Greater Manchester

Citroen C1

My 'anti-pollution' light has come on. Can anybody please tell me what might be wrong with my car?

Submitted: 06/10/2015 07:54:29 | ID: 122032