CITROEN C1 questions and answers

Ask and answer questions on a variety of CITROEN C1 models. Help and advice on everything CITROEN C1. Feel free to ask and answer as many CITROEN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest CITROEN C1 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Shelagh Knight, Hertfordshire

Citroen C1

How do I open the fuel cover to get to the fuel cap and are there any secrets to opening the fuel cap itself?

Submitted: 25/05/2017 13:54:55 | ID: 141544

Joanne, South Yorkshire

Citroen C1

My boot has suddenly stopped opening. It was working fine until the other day. Th button will go in but nothing happens. Please try to help as I need to use my boot every day for work. Thank you

Submitted: 21/05/2017 14:51:58 | ID: 141429

m kenway, Hampshire

Citroen C1

can anyone tell me where i can get the wiring for my day running lights on my 2013 c1vtr

Submitted: 10/04/2017 12:26:21 | ID: 140524

Mary Grace Keogh, Merseyside

Citroen C1

I Have Citroen c1 vtr+ 2011 i bought only second hand... I am a new driver... i just drove my car only three times because every time I drive my car i always get stall... and i found the clutch is different from my instructor car... Please explained to me why i always get stall... thank you?

Submitted: 17/03/2017 22:00:16 | ID: 139944

Susan Young, Lincolnshire

Citroen C1

I have a Citroen c1 VTR plus 61plate and problem is after driving for 10 to 15 min when engine warms up I start getting a strange intermittent noise coming and going over normal engine noise. It's like a whirring loud to low noise. Can you help please? Just passed mot but the noise gets a annoying.

It sounds like your engine cooling fan is cutting in and out. Fairly normal if in city traffic or your engine may be overheating. Check coolant level and top up if required. Could be faulty temperature switch bringing on the fan when it is not needed or faulty thermostat causing engine to overheat. Hugh from City of Glasgow

Submitted: 12/03/2017 09:43:16 | ID: 139770

Russell Brittain, Wiltshire

Citroen C1

Central locking does lock passenger side but locks driver side...Is this a big expensive job. Just a relay change ?

Submitted: 10/03/2017 16:40:12 | ID: 139738

Jenny Watson, South Lanarkshire

Citroen C1

I have a knocking noise coming from the passenger side footwell when I am in first gear or idling at traffic lights what causes this

It's caused by something that should be securely attached being no longer securely attached thereby banging on the bodywork. I'd look at the exhaust mounts and engine supports first. Mick from Portugal

Submitted: 06/03/2017 19:56:59 | ID: 139550

Julia, Greater Manchester

Citroen C1

Hello - my full beam doesn't seem to be working unless I hold it down. Is this something I need to go to a mechanic with or something that would be pretty easy to fix? Julia

Submitted: 22/02/2017 17:09:52 | ID: 139115

Full beam and sidelights work but not dimmed please help

Submitted: 11/02/2017 20:12:43 | ID: 138898

trevor borley, Greater London

Citroen C1

my rear washer works but not the front can't appear to hear a motor sound when pulling back on the stick for the front does this mean the motor has gone pipearce appear clear but no fluid near the outlets suggesting the water isn't getting that far is the one or two motors any help appreciated

Submitted: 05/02/2017 16:18:59 | ID: 138709

betty Jackson, Somerset

Citroen C1

I have recently bought a 6 year old Citroen C1, and cannot unscrew the radio aerial. Would it be alright to put it through a car wash, as it won't flatten down too much either? I don't want it to snap off, which is what happened once on my Citroen Saxo.

Submitted: 16/12/2016 12:52:10 | ID: 137403

graham webber, West Yorkshire

Citroen C1

I have a hire car,I want to put petrol in it .How do I open the flap to get to the cap, please?

Submitted: 14/12/2016 19:26:05 | ID: 137381

Penny Grenyer, Devon

Citroen C1

My hazard lights have randomly come on during the night, any ideas why this is? I actually needed to put them on the other day, but they wouldn't work!!!

Submitted: 11/12/2016 07:49:56 | ID: 137308

Charliy, West Sussex

Citroen C1

Hi, my rear break light stopped working and i thought the bulb had blown. I went to change and swapped it with the indicator light and the bulb was working. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks.

Submitted: 03/12/2016 14:05:27 | ID: 137132

Adam Thomas, City of Nottingham

Citroen C1

Hi. My clock has stopped. All other electronics work just not the clock? Thanks.

Submitted: 14/11/2016 13:55:41 | ID: 136688

Sharon, Yorkshire

Citroen C1

Ive had my car just over a year from new and the button to open the boot has stopped working. What can i do about this?

Submitted: 03/10/2016 16:47:06 | ID: 135682

Evie, City of Nottingham

Citroen C1

Had the car c1 56 plate for a couple of months and noticed when i accelerate particularly between 10 to 40 mph there is a loud grinding noise any ideas if this is normal or... had it into the garage three times and they havent picked it up

Submitted: 27/09/2016 10:23:28 | ID: 135506

Jo. Berrisford, Kent

Citroen C1

I don't know about the cambelt and timing belt...when I need to change them at what mileage or years of car...when I brought my car I never got a book on the car.

C1's have a chain not a cambelt so providing its been looked after and serviced, they should never need replacing. This is what a Citroen Service told me. Nathan Merryfield from Worcestershire

Submitted: 23/09/2016 19:42:03 | ID: 135409

bazz, North Somerset

Citroen C1

i need the cig socket to have continuous power at the moment it only has power when the ignition is on , i note that on the vw7 the fuse can simply be plugged into a different slot ie there are 3 slots and 2 pins on the fuse you move it from slot 1/2 and push into slots 2/3 does the C1 have the same set up ? thanx.

Submitted: 18/09/2016 19:22:05 | ID: 135269

Bethany, Lancashire

Citroen C1

The A/C fan doesn't work and hasn't for quite a while. Could it just be the fuse or would I need the A/C regassing?

Submitted: 14/09/2016 17:36:35 | ID: 135176

Melanie, West Yorkshire

Citroen C1

Citroen C1 Vibe - 56 plate - 96000. The engine is making a loud, rattling sort of noise on first engaging and as disengaging the accelerator, in low revs. Nothing on tick over and the clutch doesn't have any influence. It burbles around town and is easy to stall, but there's no problem at higher speeds /revs and it sings along the motorway. I've seen this same issue appear in several forums, but no one successful answer to the problem! I Apart from the guy who just replaced the engine, which is what my garage suggested.... I'm pretty sure it's a well known C1 fault with the timing and maybe a new engine is a bit over the top!! Thanks for any advice :-)

Submitted: 13/08/2016 04:05:09 | ID: 134316

Charlotte, South Yorkshire

Citroen C1

My C1 is a 12 plate that I purchased a year ago with full service history. As I was driving to work this morning i experienced something odd which has happened once before around 6 months ago. As I am cruising along about 35-40mph each time the car appears to stall. No warning, no noise, I just look down and the engine is off. It is very odd. As the car continues to cruise with the engine off I simply turn the key and the car starts and continues as normal. I recently had it serviced around 2 months ago and it passed with flying colours. I don't understand what is happening or why. Any answers?

Did you get any answers for this as mine is doing the exact same xx Jess from Bridgend

Submitted: 11/08/2016 11:19:27 | ID: 134281

david, Devon

Citroen C1

My 55 registered Picasso will only start on the clutch when engine very hot. It starts on the key on all other occasions.

Submitted: 07/08/2016 14:03:39 | ID: 134174

Jill, City of Derby

Citroen C1

I have an automatic and when I press the acellorator it beeps, not all the time but it seems to struggle could it be the clutch? Any ideas anyone please.

Submitted: 26/07/2016 22:39:26 | ID: 133871

Loraine, Middlesex

Citroen C1

Is there a time delay on heating when you turn it on.

Submitted: 22/06/2016 10:31:43 | ID: 132874

Patricia Park, Aberdeenshire

Citroen C1

My cd/radio player in car hasn't got much volume have to put it up to 34 to get a decent volume

Yeah mine is the same havnt had a good look at it yet cause I be just bought it x Steph from Redcar and Cleveland

Submitted: 02/06/2016 19:39:55 | ID: 132304

Marc, Sweden

Citroen C1

I am due to import a C1 from the EU (Sweden) as we are moving back, and am enquiring about suitability to change the following to UK specifications for getting a Certificate of Conformity from the VOC: Lights to dip left Switching Rear Fog light to right hand side having a MPH and KPH dual facia for the speedometer. Is this possible, and more important what is the ballpark cost of doing something like this?

Submitted: 25/05/2016 16:03:00 | ID: 132024

Lj, Nottinghamshire

Citroen C1

The key will not unlock the petrol cap

Submitted: 21/05/2016 15:57:45 | ID: 131824

beatles46@ hotmail.co.uk, Oxfordshire

What grade oil goes in the engin on the c1

Submitted: 17/05/2016 22:56:30 | ID: 131642

Richard, Isle of Wight

Citroen C1

Hi,I have recently purchased a 2012 C1, and the daytime running lights don't work. I have changed the fuse and the handbook states you can enable or disable them by turning the side lights on and off 3 times when the ignition is on. I have tried this but still no joy. Can you tell me if there is something else I can check? Many thanks

Oh well you can always stick this bulb to your ass ;) Napoleon from Bahrain

Submitted: 12/05/2016 20:58:49 | ID: 131462

Chrissie Stevens, Devon

Citroen C1

Can you tell me if I can include a date on the display as well as time. Thank you very much for your attention.

Submitted: 09/05/2016 11:28:15 | ID: 131332

Mark, Lancashire

Citroen C1

When I open my drivers door the alarm goes off for about a minute then and I dunno why

This happened to me a few weeks ago and I had left my lights on! As soon as I turned them off the beeping stopped. Jess from Northamptonshire

Submitted: 23/04/2016 09:34:26 | ID: 130717

Jones and, Southampton

Citroen C1

How do you retract the aerial to go into the carwash

Submitted: 18/04/2016 21:46:18 | ID: 130563

margaret, Ireland

Citroen C1

my car was making a strange noise on the way home yesterday.On trying to start it last evening it wouldn't start.It made a click and then nothing..all lights etc are working on dash...tried to jump start and still nothing. The manual door locks and boot are dodgy a while now...i'm wondering if its the same thing with the ignition???

Margaret, I am more likely to suggest firstly that the earthing straps are checked, but have the starter motor looked at. There could be an electrical issue causing it but I not inclined to think that your doorlock issue is linked to the starting problem.. the strange noise sounds more like a mechanical problem developing and then failure of the starter. R Evans from Caerphilly

Submitted: 13/04/2016 10:23:15 | ID: 130329

Miriam Samuelson, Austria

Citroen C1

How do I set the clock display forward?

Submitted: 03/04/2016 12:02:30 | ID: 129886

Miriam Samuelson, Austria

Citroen C1

How do I set the clock forward one hour? (I have lost my owner's manual somewhow).

Submitted: 03/04/2016 12:00:59 | ID: 129885

Terence, South Africa

Citroen C1

Hi, I have a crrrrrrrrrr sound coming from the engine compartment, could this be timing or..............?

Submitted: 28/03/2016 13:30:45 | ID: 129575

EMILIA, Hampshire

how much will cost change water pump v belt and roll for citroen c1 diesel

Submitted: 15/03/2016 13:28:14 | ID: 129042

joan alexander, Nottinghamshire

Citroen C1

my citron clock has taken on life and time of its own and unable to adjust it to the correct time It is three years old. 2012 plate

Submitted: 11/03/2016 13:55:53 | ID: 128852