Audi A4 Avant 3.0 TDi SE Quattro road test report

3.0 TDi SE Quattro

I was really looking forward to driving the A4 Avant after I had found out I was road testing the car over the weekend. I wasn’t disappointed, fast, smooth, quiet and really good mpg. The car was packed with every conceivable extra you could imagine, climate control, Bang & Olufsen stereo, panoramic sunroof and leather. A fantastic car and one of the best I have driven.

Road Test Reports Says5 star rating
A front-facing image of the Audi A4 Avant

Buy nearly newBuy usedContract hire

Image number 2 of the Audi A4 AvantImage number 3 of the Audi A4 AvantImage number 4 of the Audi A4 Avant

Performance Performance - 5 stars

This is a stunning and fast car, massive torque that never seems to end. The car will catapult you to 60 mph in under 6.3 seconds and will top out at 155mph! With the 4 wheel drive system the car never loses traction and you get thrown back in your seat with the mighty acceleration from stand still.

Ride & Handling Ride & Handling - 5 stars

Very comfortable ride on both uneven and motorway road surfaces, just sporty enough to be a great cruiser and also have excellent handling when pushed. The Quattro system gives massive amount of grip and ensures great handling.

Build Quality & Reliability Build Quality & Reliability - 5 stars

Fantastic build quality with the only creak being from the luxurious leather seating.

Safety & Security Safety & Security - 5 stars

I’ve never felt safer in a car. This car feels absolutely bullet proof.

Space & Practicality Space & Practicality - 5 stars

The Avant has the added benefit of the extra space over the salon and a rear door. There’s masses of rear leg room as well.

Ownership & Value Ownership & Value - 5 stars

To own this car would be an absolute pleasure, fast comfortable, great looks and all the toys a guy could wish for, I even achieved over 48 mpg during the test. In a word - superb.

The latest Audi A4 Avant deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)

Estate Cars comparison road tests