Renault Laguna consumer car reviews and road tests

Renault Laguna

Renault Laguna consumer reviews by year of make: 1994  1995  1996  1997  1998  1999  2000  2001  2002  2003  2004  2005  2006  2007  2008  2009

Renault Laguna consumer car reviews

mark freeman, Cornwall

Renault Laguna LAGUNA HATCHBACK 1994 - 2001

In just 4 months I have averaged around a1,000 miles a month . I got it with 137,000 miles and we are now up near 142,000 . Okay sometimes back left door doesn't unlock using keyfob , after heavy rain water lands on my left knee from roof switch console , I think aerial seal might be failing oh , and drive joints clunk on full lock . The battery is now getting past it's sell by date .So what else has gone wrong ? Absolutely nothing , this poor old girl starts first time every time as long as I remember to turn off everything before parking up for the night . We got this old girl as a runaround for £ 250.00 from an old boy who hadn't used it for nearly a year , a quick jump start from my motorcycle,'s battery and a few cranks later and the old girl started and ran on all four pots despite the old fuel from an almost empty fuel tank . When the car left the factory is was white , when I first clapped eyes on it , it was sort of white , Cornwall soil colored and green mossy color . Nobody had looked after the car for years as it seems everyone in the family had used it and nobody took responsibility for it . Some surface rust is still visible and there is some more serious rust at bottom of leading edge left rear wheel arch , but there is nothing structural and yes the old girl shot through the m.o.t. with just new windshield wipers being required to pass . Our first long journey was up to Yorkshire for a 10 day break visiting family and friends , average fuel consumption at motorway speeds wasin the low 40s to the gallon and general fuel cconsumption seems to be in the mid 30s . First thing I did was take car through one of these attended soft car washes , the attendant founf it highly amusing that I was bothering with such an obviously neglected car . Well the paintwork dried and it wasn't shiney . Got the c ar home and up in the air and all four wheels off and went to town until it was as clean underneath as it was on top , good news no holes , no structural corrosion in actual fact in really quite good condition all things considered . Wheels back on and lowered to ground , now to start on body work , out with T Cut , Mer polish , glass cleaner and Back to Black , lo and behold the old girl shines . Inside was disgusting , soil, dog / cat hairs , a thick coating of dust , so out with vacuum cleaner for an hour or so , removed carpets to do thorough job . A gentle wash down of hard platic surfaces followed by polish and the interior looks like car much younger . Seats now look good and are seriously comfortable for long distances . Whilst up in Yorkshire the car was fully loaded with five adults on a number of occasions but remained comfortable and handling remained okay . Although suspension showed it's age when fully loaded . I think that if I added up all the time that I spent on valeting this car it probably would come to three working days . However the car now looks good for the age and mileage and goes very well all things considered . As I don't plan to sell it and will now keeo it until it doesn't start any more that's not a problem . There is a saying in the motor trade which is " You cannot polish a t*rd " , I think this old Laguna was a diamond in the rough , it has turned me arounf on my thoughts about old French cars . Would I have another ? You can bet the house it .

Submitted: 2017-05-22 | ID: 141444

Phillip Clark, New Zealand

Renault Laguna LAGUNA SPORT TOURER 2001 - 2005

Yes I have had faults over the last 5 years of ownership but after initially panicking about cost, technical difficulty etc, I shopped online, got what I needed and did most small repairs myself. Things done over the last 5 years...first thing was gearbox service at specialist with recon set of solenoids - not really needed but advised that the Aisan Warner SU1 box is weak in this area and once done shouldn't be any problems down the line. Cam belt and water pump replacement at 100000kms of course. Had to do master cylinder a couple of years ago as well as a set of disc rotors ( all wear and tear ) The only glitch has been the airbag computer...a few things that make it complicated...reoccurring fault of passenger connector under seat had me wondering...So bought replacement 2nd hand airbag computer ( actually bought two) and one was almost faultless. hardly any more fault messages...then I worked out that when the fault code said passenger it was also talking about the drivers seat...or perhaps the software on my 2002 model was set for left hand drive and it was drivers side all along??? I have also noticed that there was a complete Airbag computer redesign a couple of years after mine.... Anyway I am finally on top of it...have friends with Jap cars and airbag light problems are also on these as well so I don't feel bad. Usual rubber rear suspension replacement of the bushes ( wear and tear ) I do think thou that the weak design thou of the camshaft holders which are always seeping oil is a bit of an issue but as the 3.0 motor is shared with PSA group again I cannot again blame Renault...After the VVT redesign by Porsche the plastic cam covers are not a flash idea...the earlier non VVT motors don't seem to leak oil as bad... In all the car has been reliable, good looking, good quality paint and interior trim ( except for the need to remove manky black rubber type paint off all affected surfaces which is a big improvement) Great ride quality on decent rubber always, VG economy for the size of the motor...constant 34 mpg on trips and 24 mpg around town. Will need to regas/service aircon soon as getting a bit weak but thats 15 years/ 150000 kms so no big deal...In all the 3.0 Privilege was and still is a great everyday car.

Submitted: 2017-04-21 | ID: 140794

carl henderson, Hampshire

Renault Laguna LAGUNA HATCHBACK 1994 - 2001

Well what can I say, an amazing car for peanuts 1995 Rn 1.8 Laguna hatchback ,have got to go up in money one day when people understand how good these cars are. This car only has a very low mileage of 54000 ,and I can honestly say it drives like new,i can say that because my father had a new one in 1994 .. Its quiet, its smooth, its comfortable, good looking ,spacious ,superb fingertip control blaupunkt stereo,pretty rare these days ..Done well in saloon car racing in the 90,s,and looked as good then as it does now... Get a good mk1 Laguna now, while stocks last, not much else can beat it for under £300 these days !!

Submitted: 2016-12-13 | ID: 137358

Larry Edwards, Ireland

Renault Laguna 2002

Bought my car in 2008 with 110,000 on the clock and the turbo gone, (wish I hadn’t). I replaced the turbo, but the car still didn’t run right, so I Went to the dealer and they replaced the air flow meter and EGR valve at a cost of over €500. I put 30,000 miles on it and in that time the car would constantly lose power and the rear axel bushes went. I also replaced the alternator, exhaust and rear hangers and the key card. The gearbox leaked oil from both drives (if I hadn’t have spotted this it would surely have cost me a 6 speed gearbox) and the climate control illumination stopped working. By a long way the worst car I have ever had and I won’t buy Renault again ever.

Submitted: 2013-04-01 | ID: 45950

Andy T, Nottinghamshire

Renault Laguna 2008

This is the worst car I have ever had the misfortune to purchase. On its test drive it drove mint; it was a very comfortable and well-equipped vehicle (reverse parking sensors, 6 speed, air con, electric everything etc). If anyone is considering buying one of these - don’t! Enjoy the test drive, then walk away. I bought it from auto-trader and within two weeks the stupid credit card key had broken meaning a ridiculous locking the car process ensued. It has black smoke every 20 miles or so, loves drinking oil and had the worst petrol consumption of any car I have ever owned, upto and including a 3.0 petrol BMW! Walk away!

Submitted: 2012-04-16 | ID: 45949

Mike, Derbyshire

Renault Laguna 2003

A really well equipped, good looking car with good fuel economy, especially for motorway driving. But the electrics are very unreliable. Apparently if you get a good example of the car, they’re brilliant, but an unreliable one just breaks down again and again. I clearly got a dud. My worst experience though is with the dealership network. Every repair seems to carry an eye watering cost (a couple of times I’ve been given prices of £2000 plus), and they always quote for extensive parts replacement that other garagaes say isn’t necessary in order to be able to guarantee the repair. Renault is a terrible used car choice.

Submitted: 2012-03-06 | ID: 45947

Kennedy Campbell, County Down

Renault Laguna 2002

This is my first dci. I do not like this car, it has cost me a lot of money.

Submitted: 2012-01-31 | ID: 45962

Mervyn Christie, Ireland

Renault Laguna 2009

This model is superior to the last one I had (Mk 2), but having said that I had to get one suspension front mounting kit replaced under warranty. The Start/Stop Button has pushed in as whatever plastic clips that hold it have broken. The dealer techicians say this is not warranted and  was forced as they have researched and have never heard of anything like this. I am bitterly dissapointed and will be switching to a different make.

Submitted: 2012-01-30 | ID: 45948

David, Scotland

Renault Laguna 2008

Save £2745 If you have a Renault by getting rid of it - NOW! If you’re thinking of buying one - DON’T. Congratulations you have just saved yourself £2745! I have just been stung for this amount to fix the gearbox on a 3.5 year old Renault Laguna (59,000 miles): Dual mass flywheel, clutch, bearings and idler gear. I took the car to a Renault Dealer (Ness Motors, Perth), who couldn’t diagnose the cause of the whine from the gearbox. I took the car to James Allan (gearbox specialist in Edinburgh), who diagnosed the "Renault gearbox problem" in 2 minutes flat. There’s a design fault with this dual mass flywheel arrangement (common across many, if not all Renault gearboxes), which everybody seems to know about apart from Renault, who washed their hands of the problem. Real classy Customer Service - NOT!!

Submitted: 2011-12-22 | ID: 45963

Michael Byrne, Ireland

Renault Laguna 2008

Purchased new in January 2008. Three and a half years later, I’ve put up 76k miles without any problems. Renault have definitely sorted out their reliability issues with this one. Great car to drive and travel in.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-08-15 | ID: 45946

Darren, England

Renault Laguna 2002

I bought a 1.6 16v Laguna and to start with I liked it.....that lasted about a month, then quite regulary it would not start first time, while driving a couple of times it cut out (good job I wasn’t on the motorway). Before I could get the problem fixed it is not starting at all. Replaced key card at a cost of £185 and replaced start button, both items came up on the diagnostics as faults, car still not starting. Been told now that it could be one of the computers (ECU Bcmodule etc), second hand ones start at around £300 and then they have to be decoded at a cost of £150 then there’s the labour and this isn’t by the main dealer so I can’t imagine how much they charge. Other small electric faults as well like the plastic melting onto the connecters in the rear light clusters, this stopped the indicator lights working and the break lights. Needless to say F am looking for a new car and it wont be French!!

I had a similar problem and it was a faulty flywheel sensor. It cost me around 50euro to be bought and fitted by a mechanic - from Ireland

Submitted: 2011-06-13 | ID: 45944

Martin Smith, Derbyshire

Renault Laguna 1996

I bought my 1.8 RN (8 valve head) for £600 in 2006 with about 80k on the clock because it was the only decent sized family car that I could afford locally at the time when my Rover 214si suddenly died massively. It has always been pretty reliable, only failing to start once due to what turned out to be a loose block connector to the fuel pump under the carpet in the boot, recrimping sorted that out. All I have ever had to replace apart from tyres, exhaust and brakes is one coil pack (there are 2 on my model). The car has been used daily in all of the years that I have owned it and it has now covered over 127k miles although the blower motor has packed up due to what I beleive is a loose wire on the back of the switch, I’ll fix it before next winter. Would I buy another Laguna? HELL YES!!! but only if it was an older basic model because most of the bad reveiws concerning Renaults all seem to come from owners of later cars with "computer controlled this and that" that always seems to pack up. Six years motoring for 600 quid, you’d be silly not to.

Submitted: 2011-04-30 | ID: 45943

Paul, Gloucestershire

Renault Laguna 1995

I originally wanted a small estate but bought the Laguna as the dealer had one available at a bargin price because it had done 140,000 miles. I only expected it it to last a year or two but six years later it is still running very well after clocking up with 280,000 miles! Definitely the best car I’ve ever had including Renaults 16, 18 & a Savanah, extremely reliable, spacious and comfortable with many extras. Still goes like a rocket. I’ve just very reluctantly decided to retire the Laguna as it needs new headlights and a catylst to get through MOT. Although rusty around a couple of the wheel arches, amazingly it didn’t need any chasis welding as I had expected. The only faults it has is that the heater stops working and recently it had sometimes become difficult to select first gear. The Laguna’s white paintwork is particularly good as it has retained its finish in spite of the very high milage. The car was still gleaming as I left it sitting in the scrap yard yesterday.

Submitted: 2010-11-03 | ID: 45941

Chris Piper, Hampshire

Renault Laguna 2002

Got mine 2nd hand with 67 000 miles. Now on 92000 miles . I’ve had, what it turns out to be, the common problems; Broken front springs, both sides, one of which went though the tyre. Ignition Card button with a much too high cost to replace at £140. Rear screen wiper motor. Starter Ring gear on the flywheel worn out at 67000 miles. I will not be buying another one. However, it runs well and gives very good mpg.

Submitted: 2010-08-25 | ID: 45961

Michael Godfrey, Essex

Renault Laguna 1997

As a Renault owner I have had many over the years including the Dolphin, Renault 5 Alpine also Renault 18 gtd and the Renault 18 petrol also on my collection 4 Renault 25 plus 1 Bacarra and now my Laguna. This is my second Laguna to me there isn’t another family car to compare. Over 40 plus years I’ve had many other cars, Fords Vauxhalls, Jags Hillmans, Humbers and to me the Renault Laguna is probably the best in its class; that’s my opinion.

Submitted: 2010-07-20 | ID: 45942

Paul McCafferty, Sussex

Renault Laguna 2005

Must have been a Friday afternoon special, did not go properly since the day I bought this thing and just wished someone would steal and torch it.

Submitted: 2010-06-28 | ID: 45940

John R, Lancashire

Renault Laguna 2007

I bought the new shape Laguna at a year old with 14K on the clock and quickly regretted it. It had constant small problems. Within the first 3 months, a seat back fell off, I was locked in, the windows mis-operated, the cruise control played up, the speedometer became erratic, the bonnet retainer fell off & the alarm failed. Throughout my time with the car it had a serious flat spot that the dealer was unable to fix. Also the suspension is seriously hard. You feel every imperfection in the road and it gets tiring after a while - you do not look forward to driving it. The only plus sides to the car were the interior - which is genuinely nice - and the engine (aside from the flat spot) which is very strong but still economical. To put things in perspective, after a year with the Laguna I traded it in for a Vectra 1.9 CDTI SRI and now actually enjoy driving again. The Vectra feels like a luxury car after driving the Laguna - and the electrics work.

Submitted: 2010-04-16 | ID: 45939

Kelly, County Fermanagh

Renault Laguna 2003

Such an appaling piece of S***E, So many things have went wrong with this car. The electrics have been very dodgy and the engine has been troublesome. After all the complaints I’ve heard about Lagunas I think Renault shouldn’t be allowed to sell them, and if they are gonna make such bad cars to offer at least 5years warranty. If Hyundai can do it why can’t Renault?

Heh! Tell it like it is! - Mal Greig from Scotland

Submitted: 2010-04-14 | ID: 45937

Duncan Morrison, Suffolk

Renault Laguna 2008

This is my second laguna, which is a step forward from the Laguna 2, (not a bad car). The current one has been a good choice to date after almost 2 years; it is nicely made, goes well no rattles or faults handles well for an estate and does the job as a load carrier in comfort. The ride unladen on poor roads can be jiggly, but this apart i love it.

Submitted: 2010-02-20 | ID: 45959

Ciaran, Northern Ireland

Renault Laguna 2004

An appaling piece of c**p to be honest! So many problems, but first the good points; comfortable, and thats it. My car’s electrics have a mind of their own and the dashboard rattles really loudly when taking off on a hill. Also the 6 speed is a pain in the ass because when you are in 6th gear and want to drop a gear to over take there is no power on reserve.

Submitted: 2010-01-28 | ID: 45936

Syd Taylor, Staffordshire

Renault Laguna 2009

If you’re in the market for a motoring marvel to banish the bleak winter blues, I might just have the recipe from the land of Cordon Bleu. At a price from £29,550 - which is not too high, not too low, but just right - Renault are able to serve you with some tastily packaged ingredients. There’s a spicy dash of power thanks to the new 3.0 litre V6 diesel which produces it’s 235bhp and 450Nm of torque in such a smooth and refined way that it sets benchmarks in its class and one wonders if it’s a turbine. Combine this with a six speed automatic transmission that gives seamless changes and this beautiful coupe performs just as the looks suggest it should. There’s an alluring sleekness of presentation with a head turning look that is a fine balance between modernity and timelessness to give it outstanding road presence. ("Is that another £100,000 Aston Martin?" enquired a neighbour.) and there’s a reassuring sense of competence, ensuring it will serve you practically as well as aesthetically. We’re talking here about the new Laguna Coupe GT, which is much more than simply a stylish two-door car. Underneath its striking lines, with the benefit of Renault’s 4Control chassis with four wheel steering on this GT version, it delivers a dynamic, secure and hugely rewarding driving experience. Not even a foggy day in deep December could dispel the Gallic insouciance of this Regal Renault. It’s a car for the people, made by those who believe the people deserve the best. Behind the wheel you feel like nobility, but at the pump you’ll pat yourself on the back for it’s good old proletarian commonsense. Despite it’s ability to fly to over 150mph the combined economy nears 40mpg. It’s the sort of car that everyone loves - and thankfully - many can afford. It would be a shame to squander such a plethora of desirable features such as ultra efficient climate control, supreme audio quality and fast, intuitive satellite navigation on a privileged mad Marquis - but make no mistake: were they to sample it’s fine combination of style, engineering and comfort, they’d be first in the queue to acquire one. It’s a car for the style conscious who don’t have to be conscious of style, embodying flair with taste and taste with piquancy. Point it down the road and passers by immediately imagine it must be a ’supercar’ on vacation from the Riviera. It is, indeed, a super car, but I have to say - minus the disadvantages of that ludicrously expensive and temperamental breed. The French, along with many of us today, might have had to give up their ’Disque Bleu’ in public but they still are proud enough to stamp their individuality on their EU neighbours via the products of their national motor industry. With this Laguna Coupe, the only smoking you’ll see is the steam coming out of the ears of their rivals! Getting down to business, this is a supremely stylish, technically advanced, luxuriously appointed car that is rich in driving rewards. The lean lines do not compromise cabin space and comfort, with plush appointments making a most relaxing driving environment. It’s very safe too, with active and passive systems providing a sense of security as you explore the dynamics of the four wheel steering - which enabled me to negotiate a tortuous route across Shropshire with total composure. Only Monet could have created a better impression than this Laguna. So, as I wended my way through fog filled lanes I seemed to see light ahead. Was it the dawn of Spring? Did the azure Mediterranean lie beyond? No. It was just the feeling imparted to me by the French motor industry’s equivalent of a gastronomic delight. Behind the wheel I was in accord with Arthur Daley, when he famously opined ’The world is ones’ lobster’ - Thermidor, of course!

Submitted: 2010-01-13 | ID: 45934

Jim Wright, Kent

Renault Laguna 2007

I bought this car with just 10,000 on the clock. It’s always a pleasure to sit inside the cabin and is smooth as anything. Having driven hired brand new Mondeo’s and Vectra’s I couldn’t wait to get back to my Laguna. My missus had a brand new Vectra for the whole summer foir work and was desparate to get bck to the Laguna! Great thing is you don’t see many about so it’s a real head turner - those sheep in their BMW’s, Audis, Vectras and Mondeos don’t know what they’re missing and long may it stay that way. I love this car!

Submitted: 2010-01-13 | ID: 45935

Brian, Devon

Renault Laguna 2009

Great car until you have to fix a problem. Renault just don’t care. I was a sked to leave it for a few days (5th time) as the air conditioning was leaking yet when I got the car back I had exactly the same problem only a day or two later. Even the car dealer says "it’s a Renault, what do I expect"!! Never go to Renault if you can avoid it. Take my advise and go German!

Submitted: 2009-11-12 | ID: 45960

Mike Creed, Cambridgeshire

Renault Laguna 2006

WARNING! When Renault increased the power of the 1.9 diesel engine from 120 to 130 bhp they put a particle filter in the exhaust system to clean up the emissions. This meant the service intervals increased from 18,000 to 9,000 miles. Special oil has to be used, which costs �50 for 5 litres. But worst of all, if the car isn’t used on regular long journeys or you don’t take the car for a long run at high speed when the Particle Filter warning light comes on, the car locks down to 3,000 rpm. This means that you have to take the car to a Renault dealer to have a �300 procedure carried out to clear the filter. If this doesn’t work a new filter costs �1,000! Yes that’s right, �1,000! Plus fitting! I know because I bought one at auction without knowing any of this. Luckily I managed to return the car when I found out it was put into the auction against the auction company’s terms. This is an absolute travesty. As these cars come out of warranty the situation will come into focus more and I hope the outcry will cause Renault to sort this out. Such a shame as the car is beautiful.

This was on the older 1.9 dCi engines. Renault have used the new 2.0 dCi engines since the model change. There is a choice of normal or FAP engine also. Your problem with the engine is your use of the car, not the FAP. FAP fitted engines are cleaner to the environment for people who do a lot of motorway driving. They produce lower CO2 emissions and return a better fuel economy. I doubt Renault will change the situation. I simply suggest you find out more about the car you buy in the future - Martin McKeeman from Scotland

I write in defence of the Renault Laguna Hatch. I own a 2L Dci Dyman. I bought it new in 2006 and covered over 48,000 miles at 46mpg with no problems. Like all cars, if look after THEM they will look after YOU i.e. service when due. And do not blame the car when "YOU" did not do any research before parting with your ill-gotten gains! - Steve Watson from Cumberland

I had one of these 130bhp 1.9 diesel lagunas with the same problem. If the light come on drive the car at a reasonable speed (over 60) in 5th until the light extinguishes. I found I had to drive it over 60 miles before that happened but that is a lot cheaper than a garage who force it out, not to be recommended. Try it, I can assure you it does work - Derek Moffitt from County Down

Submitted: 2008-12-22 | ID: 45953

Dean Slater, Cheshire

Renault Laguna 2005

This is my first Renault and to be honest I was not sure to expect. But after collecting the vehicle from Essex and driving it back to the Wirral on less than a 1/4 tank of diesel, my first impressions grew. Needless to say after a few weeks the little annoying faults started to materialise such as a squeak / rattle from the centre console, especially on tick over also the GPS element of the sat nav does not operate. But over all I am impressed with the performance and economy of the 1.9dci engine whereby I am returning anything between 675 miles and 750 miles per tank, admittedly majority of this is motorway driving. Regarding comfort levels again the Laguna is very comfy on both short journeys and long journeys including an 8 hour drive to Paris. The only downside is the boot area as this can be restrictive when carrying high items as the height level from the floor to the roof lining is not the best in its class. If anyone is contemplating buying a Laguna, then I suggest you go for it as you get a lot of gadgets (no cup holders though at the front) good performance whilst bringing good economical figures for your money... good luck.

Submitted: 2008-10-15 | ID: 45965

Dave, Yorkshire

Renault Laguna 2000

Brilliant, reliable car and its quite good on fuel with plenty of space. It’s a good car people say, ha its French, but look at Peugeot but it’s quite a good car too. I would give Renault 5 stars for looks and space and safety. It’s the first Renault I have driven because I always liked Vauxhall but it is a good drive - just make sure you give it an annual service every year and it will last you for life .

Personally I think PSA Peugeot Citroen are great cars, not so much Renault because they are awful. Im looking to replace my excellent 407 and I thought about the Laguna but after being warned by numerous amounts of people I’m not going near them. I think I might go for the new Citroen C5, it’s a lovely car to drive and own, I have heard non stop praise on how good they are. Out off the 3 french brands I wouldnt go near a Renault - from County Tyrone

Submitted: 2008-09-26 | ID: 45951

Ray, Durham

Renault Laguna 2005

I have owned Laguna€™s since 1994 and they represent excellent value - depreciation is high so being prepared to keep for a good few years. The 2005 version (just replaced by 2007 version) is an excellent all round car which gives space, reliability and practicality.

Submitted: 2008-02-21 | ID: 45958

Ross Eades, Middlesex

Renault Laguna 2006

Excellent value for money, loads of extras as standard on this particular model. A very high quality car, built well and comfortable to drive. Spacious enough for a family of 5 but maybe not as much space as other estates? I think there’s ample though. Good car, definately better than average.

Submitted: 2007-11-26 | ID: 45964

Stephen McMillan, England

Renault Laguna 2007

My family was getting larger and my VW Golf just wasn’t big enough any more. I had heard many positive reports on the Laguna from friends and family and after reading some online reviews decided that it was the car for me. I feel that my choice has been vindicated as the Laguna is a fine drive an gives me all the space we need. WHAT CAR? gave the Laguna 4 stars out of 5. I’ll give it 5 out of 5, that’s how happy I am with it.

Submitted: 2007-11-02 | ID: 45957

• A response has been made to Darren (13/06/2011 19:11:08)
  • A response has been made to Kelly (14/04/2010 15:39:12)

• "My engine warning light is all ways on I have been through the hole car can't find eny thing rong.car drives fine .can you help..." (Malcolm Arbuthnott, 24/02/2017 10:59:52)
  • "I actually have a Laguna 2 saloon but that option isn't in the drop down list. Whenever I'm slowing down or cornering all the dashboard lights come o..." (John Toohey, 17/02/2017 10:15:17)
  • "The air direction control switch does not work it is stuck in one position.What can I do to fix it.the cable could be bent but I don't know how to f..." (healey, 21/11/2016 16:38:16)
  • "All 4 cigarette sockets out of action ! How do I access /open the black fuse box under the bonnet ? Any advice greatly appreciated ??..." (Davvo Dyer, 02/11/2016 17:58:11)
  • "Please can you help ... Hand brake is not working and the fault light stays on permanently.I recently purchased this car and driving without the han..." (EILS, 11/10/2016 12:39:35)

• John Toohey's question has been answered: "Arty - It's likely that your problem is being caused by the locking mechanism (usually just a metal rod) sticking, remove the interior trim to gain ac - Mick from Portugal' '..." (05/03/2017 17:18:51)
  • David Cameron's question has been answered: "it is located just behind the coin tray under the steering by your left if you drive RH car, but opposite if you drive LHdrive car. mine is LHD. To a - Lukman from Nigeria' '..." (13/08/2016 16:15:05)

Renault Laguna Hatch road test report

The new Laguna is the third generation of Renault's large family car and it has, at last, seemed to have evolved into a car that can compete with the best in its class. Renault has addressed the quality issues that plagued the previous generation, but there are still two major obstacles to overcome. [...]

Renault Laguna Hatch  road test report