2005 Micra reviews

28 November 2014

2005 Nissan Micra reviews

Nissan Micra reviews by year of make:1983 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Read all reviews

Rob, Kent

Nissan Micra MICRA HATCHBACK 2003 - 2010

I bought this car from a second-hand registered dealer as a cheap-to-run car for my young son to learn to drive. It has been fine for a little over a year, but recently the engine management light has come on and after a short drive it starts to miss-fire and stutter. It slows and refuses to rev over 2-2500 RPM so v sluggish and 20-25mph (limp-home mode). If stopped and started it may continue again for a while, or may die again. When diagnosed the fault showed pointed to the throttle position sensor. What may cause this fault? What is this sensor measuring? Is it likely to be a one-stop-fix or part of a trail? What makes this worse is that our other car this morning refused to start. Another electrical fault. This one's a Toyota. Also Japanese!

Submitted: 2014-11-27 | ID: 107013

amy butler, Ireland

Nissan Micra MICRA DIESEL HATCHBACK 2003 - 2010

Hi I just bought a nissan micra 1.5 diesel and there is a blue temperature light coming on on the dash its not staying on tho it just comes on and off is this something serious also the central locking keeps going on and off by itself thanks

Submitted: 2014-05-29 | ID: 96409

Sharon Hill, Durham

Nissan Micra 2005

My Nissan Micra Sport plus has NEVER passed an M.O.T test since I bought it from new. Last year the engine management light came on and I was told it was the timing chain. I paid £500 and the light came on a week later. I was then told it was the lambda sensor so paid £120 pound the light did not go off, so got other sensor changed and guess what? Yep, the light is still on. Now the abs and hanbrake light comes on when I go over 60 miles per hour. A useless car, I will never, ever, buy a Nissan again! I have been told that the bits inside the engine are now Renault parts. That explains everything!

It seems to be the ECU of car, which has gone mad and keeps giving wrong electrical signals of sensors. As ECU is the main communication hub, if this go crazy one can imagine what could be the result - N H from Lancashire

...or it could be that your Micra is assembled in the UK, that would explain a lot more! ;-P - from Sweden

Submitted: 2012-09-22 | ID: 43863

Bob Bryan, Shropshire

Nissan Micra 2005

Have recently parted with my second Micra, she had done 105,00 miles and was as sweet as a nut with only some small faults, (wiper assembly, bearings three times). She went through the last few winters and started perfectly. Befoere I had a Micra I drove a Rover, but was offered a Micra as a courtesy car and was hooked! Best car in over 30 years of motoring. Just bought a 1.2 micra Acenta connect. I would recommend one to anyone.

Submitted: 2012-04-16 | ID: 43856

Rodney Groenewald, Staffordshire

Nissan Micra 2005

I have had my micra for 3 months and its already a big part of me, best car you can ever buy.

Submitted: 2009-12-31 | ID: 43844

The latest Nissan Micra) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)