Citroen Nemo Multispace consumer car reviews and road tests

Citroen Nemo Multispace

Citroen Nemo Multispace consumer reviews by year of make: 2009  2010  2011  2012

Citroen Nemo Multispace consumer car reviews

Allan thomas, Caerphilly

Citroen Nemo Multispace NEMO MULTISPACE DIESEL ESTATE 2009 - 2012

I have problems with my automatic gets every now and then I select drive and up on the dash comes check handbook transmission fault I put my lot down and it goe bang into gr and cuts out I turn ignition off next it resets itself no then let's me do it anyone had this problem please help with advice many thanks allan .

Submitted: 2017-06-17 | ID: 141994

Robin Carter, Kent

Citroen Nemo Multispace 2010

I have today just had a shock a big shock. I wanted to put the original spare tyre into use, so I started to undo the bolt as handbook said and it got stuck half way. The carrier assembly for the spare wheel failed so I went to a local Citroen garage in Kent, UK who quoted - please sit down when you read this - £900 saying that it’s 7 hours work and would probably have to cut the floor and the renew parts so I left it. I went to a local garage and told them this story and he said you just need to grind the washer that’s holding spring and wheel in place and the wheel would come off. Well it did and from now on the spare wheel will stay in the boot. The problem with Citroen is it’s so called service centres focus too much on profit instead of quality of service. It took 20 min to resolve my problem by another garage using their brain.

Submitted: 2014-02-03 | ID: 38287

Tim Botting, Flintshire

Citroen Nemo Multispace 2009

Cheap to buy, cheap to run, cheap to tax and insure, but horrendously expensive to replace the driver’s door mirror. We were quoted £465 plus vat to supply only, £750 all in fitted from a Citroen dealer. I bought a patent part delivered from Ace car spares in Bury for £60. It took 5 minutes to fit so I can’t work out how Citroen were going to charge me 3 hrs labour??? I stuggle to get 50 mpg, but I live on a mountain so that’s to be expected. A diesel Discovery struggled to deliver 20mpg. The electic windows don’t work anymore, the seats looking tatty at 40K and there are lots of knocks and rattles coming from the front suspension (worrying with the MOT due as I am sure dealer spares will be ridiculously expensive). As I said you get what you pay for. I would rather have manual windows on a vehicle of this price as when it goes wrong there is some chance to repair it yourself. I definitely would not buy another unless Citroen improve the build quality or reduce the spec and concentrate on getting the handling/transmission correct and reduce spec; why fit expensive to repair systems on a budget car? (Could they be built to fail in order to fleece customers for spares costs?). Anyway, that’s my rant for the day, as you can see from my rating it’s not all bad. We have a rubber floor which is brill with kids/pets/living down a dirt track. Copes pretty well with snow, the windscreen wipers are a bit flimsy and tend to fall off (eBay £6 a pair), but the load carrying ability is good providing you keep an eye on the total load. (I was stopped by VOSA and was 2kilos away from being overloaded despite the car seeming nearly empty and handling fine!)

Submitted: 2013-01-31 | ID: 38285

Pauline Geach, Kent

Citroen Nemo Multispace 2009

I really like the car, I bought it when it was a year old. I had no problems in the first year and thought it was going to be a great car as it’s very good on diesel, is easy to get in and out of, important as I have slight mobility problems, the load space very good and it’s cheap to tax and insure. However, I started having problems about a month ago; there was a noise on the front when turning the steering wheel on tighter turns etc, and a knocking noise which turned out to be on the front suspension, although these were repaired under warranty. For a car not even 3 yrs old, 15000miles, that had only been driven by an older careful female driver, warning bells starting to ring. Then as the MoT was coming up thought I would get this done early and whilst still under warranty in case it uncovered any other problems, and low and behold it failed because of the off side front anti roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover. The dealer tried to say it was damage caused by a stone, and not a faulty part, although they wrote on the report excesively deteriorated, so I argued the toss. The latest on this matter is although I’m still arguing I’m paying for the part and they the labour costs, but only because I need the car not because I agree with them! I’m worried now that I may have bought a problem car that’s going to cause me no end of worries in the years to come.

Hi Nemo owners I though I would update, as these reviews do help. I sorted the problem over the suspension with the dealer prior to the warrenty running out, I caused such a stink in the reception, saying what a crap car it was and that I would never buy a citroen again, and would come back with a mechanic, (all infront of a full reception area), and low and behold when I returned when the car was ready, they said there would be no charge and citroen had agreed to pay for the repair in full, so dont take any crap or excuses With regard to the spare tyre, this seems to be a problem to remove for most people including me, my son in law finally sorted it, after following the instruction from the hand book, undoing the nut etc, it then appears to get stuck and wont go any further, he had to lay on the ground under the back, you can then seen the cable/rope which attaches to the support holding the tyre, there is a little silver toggle bit (difficult to explain unless your under there looking at it) anyway you have to hold the tyre up, to take the weight, then fiddle with this little siver toggle( it twists to separate it in half) its a case of keep twisting one way or the other, and eventually it will separate , and this will then let you remove the tyre, you can imagine what its like to put the dam thing back, hence mine is now secured with bungys in the boot near the jack. If you get a squeak coming from the back end, you cant locate, try spraying some wd40 round the base of the door around the catch area , that may sort it before getting your mechanic to investigate further, has mine for a couple of years now. Re wing mirrors, try "wing mirror man" on the net, and then get your normal mechanic to fit, cost me about £80 to do it this way, dont go to the rip off dealers. Having said all this, these problems have been sorted eventually at resonable or no cost, touch wood, and for the last 18 months or so, it has not been a bad car, - PAULINE GEACH from Kent

Submitted: 2012-10-25 | ID: 38284

Eric Seal, Devon

Citroen Nemo Multispace 2009

I’ve had this car from new, for some two and a bit years now. What attracted me is the headroom; my 3 sons are all 6’4" and over and, as you might guess, their parents, cousins, even aunts are snow-covered too. Plus its economy, going under 55mpg is a rarity for me. Pulling away from stopped is very much hit or miss; it isn’t all that keen to accelerate. It’s a very "practical" car. Boring. Clarkson would hate it. But the fuel bills are half what I had before, even allowing for fuel price rises. OK, I hate having become an old fogey, I’d much rather be driving something more fun, but, if you really want something that will (reliably, so far) get from A to B cheaply and with no fuss and packed with five tall (thin) adults and their suitcases - it can’t be bad..

Submitted: 2011-12-12 | ID: 38286

Roy Smith, Cornwall

Citroen Nemo Multispace 2011

The Nemo is the worst car that I have ever driven and this is all down to the sensodrive gearbox. The first problem arose when the vehicle was about 2 months old, the car was parked on a hill, I started the engine, engaged forward in automatic mode and without warning the car started to go backwards, I hastily braked narrowly avoiding another car. Tried selecting first in manual mode but no response eventually called the RAC who disconnected the battery but this did not cure the problem so the vehicle had to towed to Yeomans of Plymouth, the citroen dealer. They had the car for a week and I was assured that the problem had been rectified. The problem kept re-ocurring , sometimes when on the move I would sudenley loose all the gears. Took the car back to the dealer, this time it was there for three weeks and they eventually fitted a new gear box. Two weeks ago I started the car and once again could not select any gears, so for the third time the car was taken back to the dealer, they have requested a mechanic from Citroen head office to look at the car and they are now going to fit a new sensor, bare in mind that the car is now only about 9 months old. Other problems are:- In the winter the heater is useless, the windscreen ices up on inside and takes a long time to thaw out. . The rear seats are not easy to remove and refit and and are very heavy. I also found Yeomans of Plymouth very unhelpfull, very unfriendly staff, the complete opposite to the description on their website.

I also have had no end of problems with the sensodrive gearbox: not changing when it should, very sluggish or when it does decide to change, pulling out into traffic can be quite hair raising. Citroen have had mine back, reset it and it was better for approx six months and now it’s just as bad or maybe bit worse. I Would not recommend it to anyone unless they have nerves of steel or a death wish. Citroen, get it sorted please! - Pattie Lloyd from Kent

Submitted: 2011-03-20 | ID: 38279

S B, England

Citroen Nemo Multispace 2010

Car purchased for its ease of access for my elderly parents. I feel you get what you pay for with this car. Spring and summer driving is fine. Hard winter causes problems. Heater is useless, demister is poor, snow blowing into car via heater vents, windscreen icing up on inside and taking forever to thaw out. Rear sliding doors freezing shut and door controls sticking when pressed in. Poor traction on slippery roads. Good car for comfort, quiet ride and front end visibilty good. Poor visibilty to rear which becomes apparent when trying to manouver in supermarket car parks at night. Loads of space in the boot and even better with seats folded flat. Rear seats not easy to remove and refit and fixing brackets stand proud which makes extra space useless for some loads, unlike my previous Renault Scenic. Very disappointed with fuel consumption for diesel engine, averaging less than 45mpg with rural driving which seems poor compared with citroens figures. If you thrashed the engine you would probably achieve about 35mpg. Still, for a new car as said before you get what you pay for, and aside from faults listed is probably good value for a MPV and I would certainly recommend for anyone who drives for elderly or infirm parents.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-01-20 | ID: 38283

Reg Colston, England

Citroen Nemo Multispace 2010

Though only having my Nemo for just a week now, I can say that I feel it’s going to be a good car. The drivers seating is exceptionally comfortable, with lumbar support, seat cushion height adjustment, added together with the fully adjustable steering wheel. Being quite a tall fella, this has won me over. I feel that one critism I must make is, I believe it’s underpowered, I have the 1.4i Petrol, and you have to work really hard to get it up to a respective speed. I miss the power on roundabouts, a gap appears in the traffic, you go for it, then foot down and sadly not enough power is at your command. Also on taking deliverey of my car, I found that the stowage net was missing, the alignment tool when changing wheels was missing, also a plastic catch which the plugs of the boot cover snap into also was sadly missing. all small items I know, but for a new car should have been checked throughly. Still I am still happy with my purchase.

I agree that the 1.4i petrol is fairly gutless. Overtaking requires balls of steel and a tailwind, however you get what you pay for, not many other one year old cars can be bought for £6.2k from a main dealer. I have however found that the lack of power combined with snow tyres makes it very competent in the snow. Mine has to put up with being driven two miles a day on rough tracks and also drives across fields regularly and it’s not broken yet. Strangely despite the lack of power, it has been used to tow a trailer grossing at 750kg a few times (yes I know it’s only rated at 600kg) and it didn’t seem to struggle any more than usual. Strut top bearings replaced under warranty after two years and 26,000 miles, this is a known fault and is characterised by the front coils twanging whilst manouvering. Averaging 39mpg which isn’t bad - from Yorkshire

Submitted: 2011-01-14 | ID: 38281

Ross Bate, Lancashire

Citroen Nemo Multispace 2009

Downsized from Berlingo Forte but found it almost as spacious for carrying goods. Not so good for passengers, can only fit 2 child seats in rear, but slim adult will fit between them. Side vision not so good to rear but great wing mirrors. Mats in front not a good idea as they slide round too much but bare floor easy to keep clean. Could do with a bit more storage e.g. under floor as in Berlingo or over windscreen. This is my 1st brand new car and will probably be last (due to my age not car) and this car is great for someone with arthritis like me as easy to get in and out of. Daughters both think it is ugly but both use it when they need to carry goods so it can’t be that bad. Recommend it for young famlies, older people and anyone with buly things to carry. Not for style concious or boy racers.

I love my Nemo. It’s been bought also as a replacement for a Berlingo Forte which was a much loved and used family car. It was used to carry tons of stuff including cats in cat cages, presents luggage etc up and down the motorway with no problems. When the Berlingo came to the end of its life and had become uneconomical to keep going, we started to look for either a new or used car. The new Berlingo was too big for our needs and we therefore looked at the Nemo and the Qubo. The Nemo won on tons of points - running costs on the diesel, servicing every 2 years (yes 2!!), low VED, space and full size spare (a rarity these days). Not the prettiest car in the world I agree but incredible value for money when you look at everything in reality. I would buy another one at the drop of a hat! - Kathryn Richards from England

Great functionality, space, comfort etc. Unfortunately not without problems, ECU failure at 7500 miles (9pm and -4C. Had to wait 3 hours for Citroen Assist) and now am having to wait 4 weeks for a replacement heater cable (snapped) at the coldest time of the year (9000 miles). Also experiencing ’pinking’ and dislike of moving off when damp! We love the concept but not the problems!! - Joe Hodgson from Herefordshire

Submitted: 2009-09-01 | ID: 38276

• A response has been made to Pauline Geach (26/06/2014 10:28:40)
  • A response has been made to Roy Smith (20/03/2011 11:38:47)

• Reza's question has been answered: "It's happening the now with my car , took a hour to get home from a 10 min journey ,think it's the clutch - Joyce from City of Glasgow' '..." (07/06/2016 17:07:24)
  • Gill Cartwright's question has been answered: "Where is the fuel cut off switch - Wayne from Flintshire' '..." (27/05/2015 21:33:12)

Renault Megane