Chrysler PT Cruiser consumer car reviews and road tests

Chrysler PT Cruiser

Chrysler PT Cruiser consumer reviews by year of make: 2000  2001  2002  2003  2004  2005  2006  2007  2008  2011

Chrysler PT Cruiser consumer car reviews

Joseph, Latvia

Chrysler PT Cruiser PT CRUISER DIESEL ESTATE 2002 - 2005

Can any body help my PT CRUISER keeps eating serpentine belts 3 within the last 2 months 2 belt tensioners replaced by garages. Temperature reads high on a journey if higher speeds if speed kept 100 k's it's OK.

Submitted: 2017-08-04 | ID: 142906

Tim Smith, South Africa

Chrysler PT Cruiser PT CRUISER DIESEL ESTATE 2002 - 2005

I bought a PT cruiser maroon CRD 2004 2.2 in May 2016. Its a great retro car, i agree its not your common toyota, VW or Nissan. The car gets a lot of flack for being expensive but as Scott Baily said every car is expensive, every car have niggles. You just have to maintain....maintain and maintain......Driving habits also come into play. When i bought the car one month later i had to replace the slave cylinder and i had to fork out R2380 equates about 100pounds, but that's the nature of these things, its probably the first time the slave cylinder was replaced since i bought it. The car hasn't given me any problems, just normal wear and tear, as i also had to replace the right wheel bearing, now my turbo intercooler pipe has a split in of which i have ordered a part from PTCOMPANY UK, i still love the car. I previously had a Golf VR6 and it was expensive. If you complain about expenses dont own a vehicle and travel by public transport.

Submitted: 2016-08-26 | ID: 134664

Graham, Lincolnshire

Chrysler PT Cruiser PT CRUISER DIESEL ESTATE 2002 - 2005

Bought this car 2nd hand in 2008, 3years old.I drove all around UK Scotland, N Ireland and England plus Ireland. Sometimes have 5 passengers with full luggage. Excellent and reliable for 5 years.Good torque and nice motorway speeds. Turning circle large but got used to it. My problems started around 87k miles. New clutch and cylinder (£1300 incl labour) gearbox needs to come out to do this.Intermittent no crank or start. OK for few months then started again. Usually started after 30 min. Replaced almost all sensors, new AGM battery, autoelectrician took starter off and added extra wires. Chrysler tested and found no faults. Secondhand multifunction stalk replaced original as fog lights came on when indicator was on. I have spent a few thousand keeping this car going as I loved it. But not anymore. Wouldn't start the last 2 days despite all the repairs, checked fuses and relays etc. Stuck on my mothers driveway. Given up as likely PCM or SKIM module (security immobiliser). Cost more than the car is worth to fix , unless you have expensive diagnostic equipment in your garage as I believe requires chrysler dealer to reprogram parts. Hate to see it go to scrap yard as well looked after,neighbour bought it very cheaply as a project.

Submitted: 2016-02-29 | ID: 128348

charles, East Sussex

Chrysler PT Cruiser PT CRUISER ESTATE 2005 - 2008

I have owned this car for 8 years and only drive around 5000 per year. I like the retro style but am not impressed with 2.4 petrol engine it is sluggish unless driven really hard in gears. I had to have a new clutch at 16,000 miles, and since this I have only done a further 20,000 miles and the clutch is slipping which sounds like another new clutch needed. This is extraordinary for such a low mileage, and though I like the car it has cost a lot on repairs, front wishbones replaced tyres worn out quickly, front driver seat required new adjustable switch, I will keep it as I do not know what I would buy in its place, but overall this has not been my best car. it is roomy and stylish so I have to be content with that.

Submitted: 2015-09-26 | ID: 121667

graham hellings, Somerset

Chrysler PT Cruiser PT CRUISER DIESEL ESTATE 2002 - 2005

yocca house north street this is with doubt the best car i have ever owned it is a joy to drive it has a real nice high position for the driver and front passenger i have gone through 3 mots in the last three years and only needed a adjustment to my to my rear offside side hand brake this year. what else can i say it is so comfortable to drive and always gets a wave from other pt cruiser drivers when on the road i love it i would buy another in an instant if i lost the use of my currant one

Submitted: 2014-11-29 | ID: 107104

Mike Tyson, Staffordshire

Chrysler PT Cruiser PT CRUISER DIESEL ESTATE 2002 - 2005

I have had my Cruiser for 12 years now and still as pleased with it as the day I bought it. Its robust, very comfortable (I often do a 200 mile run in it) on 1/4 of a tank of Shell Diesel. Had very few problems with it in 80,000 miles and still in excellent condition for 12 years old. Don't honestly know what I would get to replace it, as love its Air con and Cruise control and the general comfort of the car and ease of entrance and exit and the effortless power from the Merc 2.2 CRD engine when required

Submitted: 2014-07-22 | ID: 100173

Mary Wilson, Lancashire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2005

I love it, love it LOVE IT! At first sight, I knew one day I would have one. I don’t care that it’s heavy on petrol, or the car tax is £154 for 6 months, or that you can’t turn it round on a sixpence, or even that some people just think it’s an ugly car (NEVER!). To me it’s a prince among commoners. Lets face it! All the other cars on the road are "same old same as". My Cruiser drives like a dream, looks mean, has speed when in need and speaking as a girly, I like that it is chrome heaven and soooo roomy inside. My favorite car used to be the Honda Civic.... Now... Well judge for yourself!

Submitted: 2013-09-30 | ID: 37287

Chris Washington, Staffordshire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2005

I’ve had this car 18 months now. It’s roomy, comfortable, very practical, corners well and looks cool (or hideous, depending on your point if view). Fuel consumption is good for a 2.4 petrol, averaging 32 mpg with 40 mpg on the motorway. Runs much better on Supreme petrol than Regular. The main problem is the engine, which is sulky and prone to flat spots, mostly at low revs, but it never really seems happy anywhere between the erratic tick-over and the ear-splitting red line. In 8000 miles it’s had 2 camshaft sensors and one front wheel speed sensor. My wife hates the hard suspension, inherited from the original pick-up truck. Don’t use the air con, it makes the engine even more jerky. Performance is less than exciting, the Voyager engine struggling to accelerate this nearly 2-ton car. Pity I love driving the thing so much!

Submitted: 2013-07-08 | ID: 37286

Keith Yeoman, Surrey

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2002

I have owned my Series 1 Street Cruiser for 2 years. It definitely turns heads, what with all the chrome on this car. I must admit that I have not seen another one like it, so I am very proud to own and drive it around. The turning cycle and fuel consumption are no problems and this car has plenty of power, not sluggish at all..must be a one off.

Submitted: 2013-03-09 | ID: 37284

Jayne Whelan, England

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2002

The best car! I always wanted one and now I have one. I would recommend every time.

Submitted: 2013-03-02 | ID: 37283

Glenn Crane, Suffolk

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2002

<p style="background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;"><span style="color: #222222;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">Love it or loathe it, forget the sarcastic remarks we get as an owner. This is my third PT Cruiser in four years 2002-2006. My current is an Inca gold 2002 street cruiser. The reason I changed to a lower age was I found a nigh on pristine Inca at a reasonable mileage and price to cherish and keep. These are limited and rare with its own personal number. These are the best cars I have ever driven. Ok people mention the turning and fuel but I have not noticed these and would thoroughly recommend these to anyone who wants reliability. Last built in 2010 will this be my last?</span></span>

Submitted: 2013-02-10 | ID: 37285

Nicola Moores, Yorkshire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2011

I only recently bought a Cruiser after wanting one for years. I absolutely love it! I don’t care if it has the turning circle of a bus (I used to be a bus driver so I’m used to it), or if it has poor fuel consumption. (A full tank usually lasts me about a week and a half if I’m careful). For me it’s the best car I have ever driven. It’s comfortable, spacious and eye-catching. It has the looks of a 1930’s classic and all the charisma you could ever want from a car. If I ever had to part with it I would literally cry.

Hi Nicola. It is great to hear your love for the PT. Even when I need a new car. I will always keep the PT - from Ireland

Submitted: 2011-10-03 | ID: 37281

Terry Gibbons, Worcestershire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2004

I have had this car exactly one day, on loan while my own car is being fixed. My first reaction on being handed the keys was "Oh, my God, I hope nobody I know sees me in this!" Within a couple of miles, all my prejudices were confirmed. Performance, refinement and handling about on a par with a double decker bus, comfortable as a park bench. And that gear lever! Depending on what angle you look at it, it either resembles a pig’s eye on a stick or a boil waiting to be burst. And you feel a complete plonker, just sitting in it. If I have it for long, I shall take to wearing a disguise. And a back brace. When my wife saw it, she immediately collapsed with laughter. The only way to live with this car is to regard it as some kind of bizarre joke. I thought the Americans did not understand irony, but I may be wrong. I suspect that this is the ultimate ironic car.

Submitted: 2011-07-01 | ID: 37274

David Scott, Sussex

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2003

No regrets buying this car, it’s a great all-rounder. Have owned it for over 6 years now and still enjoy it. During that time all it’s needed is normal servicing, a set of brake disks and pads, a set of tyres (originals perished rather than worn), and front wishbones due to worn bushes. Arguably, the drivetrain is only average but driven smoothly or as a cruiser, which is what the car is all about, it’s totally satisfactory and surprisingly economical.

Submitted: 2011-05-22 | ID: 37280

Matthew, United States of America

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2001

Rides nice. Very few problems.

Submitted: 2011-04-19 | ID: 37311

Scott Bailey, Dorset

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2005

PTs in the real world of driving, day to day and hard core motorway work, are the best car yet. I have had them all believe me. They are suited to people that are busy with lots of things to do, they make great 2nd cars for school runs and work horses for the weekends. I have had mine, brand new from 05 a gt 2.4, no problems at all. I feel a car’s maintenance plays a big part on what problems you get, having said this I kept mine tip top and it pays off long term. Having a car brand new and mantaining it properly is the key; add a good fuel additive from time to time, lubes fuel pump and valves, use good fuel, check and change oils, and add a Wynns or STP oil additive, to gear oil also. All in all a great car, look after them and they will go on forever.

All cars no matter what make and model made have had or developed faults somewhere in their lifetime including BMWs. A few friends of mine have had problems with their new model BMWs including an engine seizure - Fritz Broeburg from London

Submitted: 2011-04-07 | ID: 37278

Lucas Smith, Lanarkshire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2007

Bought my 57 plate PT cruiser 2.4 limited, loved it for 18 months when clutch went with only 12k on the clock. I had that replaced and had an electrical problem. Chrysler had it in garage 5 weeks and replaced my fuse box. Everything was going great until I started having this Vauxhall Nova noise coming from car, when I found out it was my timing belt Chrysler fixed that under warranty. Car has sat in drive since June 2010 and is up for sale as I have just bought a new 60 plate BMW 130i. Do not buy this car, it’s as slow as a week in jail and as thirsty as rehab.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-01-04 | ID: 37277

Dunc Wildman, Lancashire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2002

Absolutely love the PT Cruiser. So much so that I have 2 of them. First one was bought last year a 2001 Ltd Edition Manual. Has now been fully customised with all the chrome extras. And recently bought the Ltd Edition Street Cruiser in Inca Gold. which is Auto/Tiptronic. Going to leave this one as original as it doesnt need anything adding. As far as fuel goes I dont think its bad. I get slightly better from the 2001, around 28-30 and the auto does about 25-28. Turning circle - again doesn’t really bother me as I learnt to do 3 point turns (or sometimes 5 lol). My main faults on both cars are nothing more than suspension bushes. Both the cars knocked below on our lovely uneven British roads. Having said that suspension parts are really cheap and I replaced them with polyurethane ones on both cars. Now there is no noise.

Submitted: 2010-11-14 | ID: 37275

Paul, Scotland

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2006

A vehicle wanted for a while, now I have one and am very satisfied with it. Yes, it is fairly heavy on petrol, but so what? I can afford it. Even so, if I drive carefully on a day out in the highlands I get around 36 mpg, that’s cruising at around 50 mph, but it is a cruiser and that’s what it’s for. If you want to go fast get something else. It is now 4 years old and has been comfortable and trouble free. I will probably keep it for quite a bit longer as we all like it, it’s different from anything else on the road and very different from the usual " repmobile" you get these days. Get one and you’ll stand out from the crowd.

Submitted: 2010-10-13 | ID: 37276

Audrey, Kent

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2006

Have waited a long time for my cruiser cabrio. It is everything I’d hoped. Fun to drive - looks great with lid off. Handles well, fuel good on long journeys, very comfortable. Have seen less attractive cars on the roads!

Submitted: 2010-07-24 | ID: 37312

Bugra Yuzbey, Turkey

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2005

I was dreaming of owning one from the first day I saw it. Before purchasing I had read nearly everything about it and knew the shortcomings. Yes, turning circle like a truck, performance worse even than expected and fuel consumption is archaic. What suprised me was the unrefinement of the engine, more trashy than I’d expected. Inside volume is generous, trunk bigger and more useful than it seems. And the prestige on the road better than the cars 5 times more expensive. Driving it gives me an uncomparable pleasure. It is not my everyday car, it’s a car for fun like a toy. If you’re looking for something special instead of transportation get one and keep it. My aim is to keep it for my son as a heritage. I believe that it will be a classic. If you’re looking a car for transportation and comparable to todays market that’s why Toyotas, Peugeots and similars exist.

Submitted: 2010-01-14 | ID: 37273

Brenda Smart, Devon

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2005

I bought my 2005 Cruiser used in 2008. I have since put over 70,000miles on it bringing it to 104,879 miles. Until today, I only had the right rear quarter glass to pop out, which by the way was not covered by the manufacturer. While turning into my driveway, it cut off and I haven’t been able to find out why. Some say maybe the fuel pump others just don’t know, hopefully someone out there can help me. Yes, I would buy another one and another one.

Submitted: 2009-12-31 | ID: 37272

Donna, Devon

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2002

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!! No major problems as yet - good petrol consumption imo - turns heads lol!!

Morning, I really want to buy a Chrysler PT Cruiser, but it has to be good on fuel economy, for me to run it. My Ford Galaxy 2.4 is a really thirsty car?? Some reviews say it's good on petrol, whilst others state its poor? - from Greater London

Submitted: 2009-08-14 | ID: 37271

Sean, England

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2002

I bought my 2002 Cruiser a week ago. All these reviews seem to mention the only 2 faults I have found, fuel consumption & turning circle. However, I think both are to be expected with a car that was built with the American market largely in mind. Other than that it is the best car I have ever owned, including being better than my 2006 VW Passat or 2004 Renault Espace, both of which were in the garage around 5 times each with various problems. The Cruiser looks great & is roomy & comfortable. When I was shopping around there were plenty that had done in excess of 120K which seems positive for the longevity of these cars. As for the various mechanical faults mentioned, I can speak from experience; VW’s & Renault ’s suffer expensive faults with fairly new cars too. I’d recommend a PT Cruiser to anyone. 5 Stars, they are fantastic.

Submitted: 2009-08-07 | ID: 37270

Pamela Chambers, Bedfordshire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2001

I bought my PT Cruiser second hand in January 2007 and I love it! I’ve had no problems whatsoever and in winter it starts first time in temperatures of zero and below. Its so roomy - great for moving house. You get used to the wide turning circle and the fuel consumption is about 30-33mph, {just don’t go into fifth gear and slow down if you worry about petrol consumption}. I love the roominess inside and the space in the boot, if I take the back seats out, then I have a van. I hope this car lasts forever!

Submitted: 2009-06-29 | ID: 37305

Lee Parker, Nottinghamshire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2006

I wanted one of these the first time I saw one, I have always gone for the quirky type of cars for the last 45 years. I can’t fault the looks and the equipment you get, but I’m afraid it all does pear shaped from there. The poor turning circle has got me in one or two scrapes - the head gasket leaked from new, the engine is like a 2.4 from the early Volvo’s and sadly out of date. I have regretted leasing it because of the 20 mpg ( on a good day ) and would definitely never get another.

Submitted: 2009-05-13 | ID: 37306

Chris Drucker, Middlesex

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2001

Always wanted this car as I think all modern cars have boring styling. Needless to say I like classic cars! I bought my car in 2003 and have had no problems with it breaking down etc but as it is 8 years old it was time for a new cam belt and while this was being done the water pump and power steering pipe were found to have seepage marks so I replaced these as well. I had noticed this year that when indicating right sometimes the fog lights would activate for the duration the indicator was on and knew that was a faulty multifunction indicator switch which costs about £70 plus labour so got this done as well. Was surprised at some of the comments about the car being slow, the name PT Cruiser points to its intended use, so yup, its no fireball but I have no problems as I am in no great hurry.... I get 40 mpg on an all motorway cruise down to my mums and reasonable (for the design age of the engine) fuel return about town where I am in no hurry to catch up with the next traffic jam. That said, the 2.4 litre or diesel are a lot better for midrange but were out of my pocket’s reach in 2003. The Auto box should be avoided as that is a very old design and thus inefficient on fuel. Never had a problem with the turning circle as I am that cheeky sod who uses your drive way to about turn!! Here is to many happy cruising years to come.

How much was your cambelt change? - from Surrey

Submitted: 2009-04-14 | ID: 37308

Delmelza, Cornwall

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2008

Great car! Love the wind in my hair. Fuel is good on the open road city running around does chew the juice. The seating is high so much more comfortable than having your bum dragging on the ground in an MG. Can’t help but smile and feel good behind the wheel of this car!

Submitted: 2009-03-23 | ID: 37313

Jon Lilley, Norfolk

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2005

We love the car but hate the turning. Would we buy another one? Yes, if we could. They don’t make them any more - bring back the PT Limited!

Submitted: 2009-03-09 | ID: 37310

AD Lyon, England

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2002

Mine has been without a doubt the worst car I have ever owned. After 1 month the slave cylinder in the clutch failed - not a major problem you might say but it was because it is fitted inside the gearbox!! Two weeks later the fuel pump failed costing over £900 to replace. After getting the car back the new fuel pump leaked and within two hours the car was back in the garage again. Got it back two weeks later... another fuel leak developed had to be recovered by RAC. Agree with other comments it has the turning circle of a battleship - maybe not such an issue in America but on our roads renders the car awkward to drive. It’s a shame because despite the above I love the look of the car, the comfort etc, but for an everyday vehicle it is just not a viable option unless you have a spare car and very deep pockets.

Submitted: 2009-01-16 | ID: 37307

Barrie, Hampshire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2007

I went to Texas for 6 weeks and hired a PT Cruiser, I was hoping for a Focus or similar, I hated the Cruisers styling, but after driving it I was impressed by the comfort and equipment, loads of room and nice to drive, nothing went wrong and the economy was good, performance ok, smooth auto, doors and boot that close well without slamming, I have since sold my Toyota Corolla, uncomfortable, bad handling, poor auto, silly niggling faults, the PT cruiser is much nicer, but I bought a 3 series BMW, everything about it is better than Toyota, looks beat the Cruiser.

Well, five years later, the BMW has been very good, few faults but I have been considering changing for a while, now forced to do so by my wife hitting a power pole, car a write off, wife ok. I have spent time looking at what to replace it with, not Japanese, I considered Renault, Citroen or Volvo. Then came across an advert for a low mileage PT Cruiser at a good price, I have since found a few for sale around the country, decision made but which one, it has to be automatic for my wife, maybe tiptronic, they are well equipped cars and I really like them now, I have a friend who bought one a few years ago to replace his Mazda, he loves it too - Barrie Rodliffe from New Zealand

Submitted: 2008-10-20 | ID: 37301

Albert Marshall, Hampshire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2002

Purchased my "Silver Pearlescent with colour coded bumpers!" five weeks ago. So far, for the price I paid, I have no real issues; although I do agree the turning circle is pretty poor. However, comfort, space and style make up for its short- comings. Mine is a 2002 2.0 manual, any hints on deceleration when changing gear?

Submitted: 2008-10-10 | ID: 37304

Mr Robinson, Lancashire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2000

It feels like a million dollars, and costs roughly that much to get it from our house to Tesco and back. I was persuaded to buy my black "batmobile" by my 9 year old son who couldn’t settle to bed all night after we’d been for a test drive in it a couple of weeks ago, so thrilling he found it..... OK, I didn’t do much research, and the ZZ Top thing grabbed me, as did the relative obscurity and undeniable surfeit of creature comforts offered within... will I still have it in 6 months time? Not sure, but I’ll certainly still be talking about it, and it makes a change to see a car that actually looks like a proper car, not just another conservative "family" jelly mould with broadly predictable kit, mpg etc... 25 miles to the gallon? That’s why god gave us credit cards. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted: 2008-08-13 | ID: 37303

Mike Atkinson, Durham

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2004

I wanted one of these car for quite some time, I eventually got one second hand and apart from the very poor turning circle I thought the car was excellent, plenty of power and quite good on fuel for the size of the engine. But then it all turned very bad, one day I was driving along and the engine just cut out, fortunately I was only doing 25mph on a side road - god knows what would have happened if I had been overtaking on the motor way. I got the car taken to a Chrysler Dealer who found the ASD fuse had blown and when it was replace it just started no problems, the big problem is no one, not even Chrysler UK can tell me why the fuse blow and they could give no guarantee that it would not happen again. As you may has guessed I am getting rid of it since it is a potential death trap.

Hi. Was your car automatic? I am thinking of buying one and I don’t want to end up with yours. Since no over review have mentioned your problem - George Harrigan-Brown from Hampshire

Submitted: 2008-07-25 | ID: 37297

Daug Martin, Cornwall

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2007

Overall not a bad car except for the bad turning ratio, being hard on fuel and faulty gauges. The speedometer was off by 5 kilometres.

Submitted: 2008-07-11 | ID: 37299

Robert Allan, Lanarkshire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2007

One of the best looking cabrios around, nice to drive, looks just as good with hood up bit heavy on fuel but you can’t have everything. Good value, even better if you buy used.

Submitted: 2008-06-30 | ID: 37314

Robert Dunne, Devon

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2005

I love this motor a blast, from the past with all mod cons. Depreciation is bad, I mean really bad. So why play the game? I am keeping it and going to lpg (liquid petroleum gas). I reckon this is a 200,000 mile car. I love it to death!

Submitted: 2008-06-16 | ID: 37300

Daviid Leighton, Lincolnshire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2008

Why?? I recently test drove this car, out of sheer curiosity really. It’s not that it’s a bad car to drive, I’ve definately driven worse, but there’s no getting away from the fact you look like you’re driving an oversized rollerskate! A head turner but for all the wrong reasons.

Submitted: 2008-04-22 | ID: 37315

Bill, Norfolk

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2002

Great car. Bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it. Plenty of room in the back (for three adults) as well as the front. Owned ours for 3 years without much problem. Spares prices variable. Turning circle awful. Fuel consumption awful. Looks priceless!

Submitted: 2008-04-14 | ID: 37296

Tom Cooke, Staffordshire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2008

To follow up on my last comments; I was in the dealership today to look at their just-arrived 2008 UK-model CRD 2.2 Limited PT Cruiser. I spent at least half an hour going over the vehicle and jotting down the detailed features, so here goes; 17 inch alloys Fuel filler cover is no longer chrome Bodyside mouldings are still chrome Chrome strips on the front grille Chromed exhaust tip Changed rear lettering; "PT Cruiser" on lower left, "Chrysler" above the wings centre; "CRD Limited" on lower right (think the lettering is smaller, still the same characteristic font of course) Door sill plates are black plastic, but with large rectangular brushed metal insert with large bright Chrysler wings logo The seats are now virtually full leather (just a small strip of cloth at the sides of the base) Steering wheel has silver spokes The centre console has a ’hatched’ pattern (dealer called it ’carbon look-alike’) Best I can tell, all the mechanicals are exactly as before.

Submitted: 2008-03-03 | ID: 37290

Tom Cooke, Staffordshire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2008

Bit bothered about Pete Swann’s comments; my dealer simply can’t tell me what will be missing (versus the brochure) from my vehicle when it arrives in two or three weeks. Pretty poor - I’ve seen a few comments on forums that suggest that *no* Chrysler dealers have got up-to-date marketing material and vehicle specs for the 2008 model year PT, Chrysler are concentrating on pushing their ’premium’ vehicles. But I’m going to assume that apart from a few cosmetic things, the car will be substantially as the brochure and Chrysler’s US website describes (otherwise the dealer will find himself with a ’situation’ on his hands). I still think I’m going to enjoy the car immensely, given the style and overall equipment level. As long as I get reliability and good service and warranty work from the dealer, I’ll have made a good decision.

Submitted: 2008-02-25 | ID: 37292

Tony N, Kent

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2001

Slow, sluggish. That’s just to start. The gearbox is mounted slightly of centre so 1st gear would be where reverse is and second is where first would be. It is noisy and it sounds like you have to over rev to pull away. It has a large turning circle. It is also not good on fuel, around 25-30 mpg. The acceleration is about 0-60 in 1hour. My great Nan could push a full shopping trolley up hill in flippers faster. This is a well over priced car.

Submitted: 2008-02-25 | ID: 37289

Pete Swann, Kent

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2008

Have purchased the 2008 pt cruiser "Limited" Auto. Disappointed in the lack of promised refinements for this model. No chrome filler cap. No chrome wheels. Running boards are now rubber inserts. Just a new centre stack facia which is quite impressive. Why pay for this model when all the outside refinements are gone?

Submitted: 2008-01-16 | ID: 37293

Andrew Briggs, Yorkshire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2004

Very practical car with cruise control , leather , air con .I’ drive automatics and the original 2ltd pt cruiser was underpowered .The 2.4 ltr suits it exactly and makes for a relaxed drive . the only drawback is the appalling turning circle . I’ve also gone and leased the convertible (dont fancy the depreciation) and thats very comfortable and refined for drop top.

Hi. Please can you tell me what mpg your got from your 2.4 petrol? - George Harrigan-Brown from Buckinghamshire

Submitted: 2007-11-23 | ID: 37294

Ian Dalziel, Devon

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2007

I’m a BIG fan of the PT Cruiser and therefore couldn’t resist the convertable version. It’s a great looking car and and retains all the positive points of the hardtop but can be a bit rough going if there is any wind about and you’re a passenger in the back with the roof is down. Good car but even I must admit it has somehow lost some of the personality of the original.

Submitted: 2007-10-26 | ID: 37316

Norman Robson, Lancashire

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2007

Great car, loads of space, economical and in my opinion, looks the business. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Submitted: 2007-08-24 | ID: 37288

• A response has been made to Donna (27/03/2017 08:15:52)
  • A response has been made to Nicola Moores (03/10/2011 10:00:35)

• Maynard's question has been answered: "The tailgate cabling breaks inside rubber conduit between taigate and roof lining through opening and closing - Bruck Morton from England' '..." (31/10/2012 16:24:52)
  • Katrina Lawrence's question has been answered: "I had mine done at 126.000 miles, just in time as the original belt was worn badly. The answer to your question is yes, immediately - Victor Wyatt from England' '..." (22/12/2011 09:02:35)

Renault Megane