2012 Grand C4 Picasso reviews

20 October 2014

2012 Citroen Grand C4 Picasso reviews

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso reviews by year of make:2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Read all reviews

Tony Flynn, Lincolnshire

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 6EGC 1.6 e-hdi 2012

Bought our Black Grand C4 Picasso 6EGC from Citroen Birmingham with 400 miles on the clock (and got a very handsome discount on new price). So far (fingers crossed) 14000 perfect miles. Only had one service which was painless and well priced. The Auto (EGC) takes getting used to but apart from occasionally using the ’flappy paddles’ to overide (pulling out at roundabouts/junctions) it works very well (and smoothly) leaving it in ’auto’ fuel consumption is phenominal (best on a run of 65 mpg). The stop-start system seems to have a mind of its own (working then not working) but never dangerous. The 7 seats are a handy option. Plenty enough luggage space. This car has changed the way I look at Citroen (this is our first... and won’t be last).

Submitted: 2014-01-24 | ID: 38249

Satish Kakkad, England

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 2012

It’s a C4 VTR plus EGS that’s done 1200 miles. The gear shift was jerky, but after new software was download by the dealer it’s super smooth. I love the car and the EGS is silky smooth. The Bristol Street dealership are very helpful and friendly and the car drives like butter on ice. I will never change car or my Leicester dealer, god bless them. I’m more than happy with my C4. I have driven so many cars in 25 years, old and brand new, and this is the best!

Hi Satish, thank you for your review. I’m looking to buy a Citroen C3 semi automatic and no-one seems sure what type of semi automatic is used on the 2013 model. I just wondered if you could advise me? Regards - from Derbyshire

Submitted: 2013-04-28 | ID: 38246

John Murray, County Antrim

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 2012

The Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ is very impresive on paper and at a glance looks the part. The car unfortunately has a hard ride when bumpy roads are encountered (so much for the soft suspension). The road noise is loud on normal road surfaces. In the wet it will keep you on your toes with a very bad habit of loosing grip on the front wheels in bends (this may be a bad tyre choice or not). The heating system in mine is rubbish with little air from the vent no matter how hard the fan heater is working. I left it in to have this sorted and arrived back at the dealer to be told that the clutch is giving problems and is not covered by warranty, I was handed the keys and told I would need to bring it back. The car has done only 5900 miles...I left the car with the garage that morning with no issues with clutch or gearbox, but when I tried to select nuetral it was still stuck in the gear the mechenic parked it in and would not do anything. Apparently a lot of people burn out clutches etc within a few months and it’s my fault. Most of the vans, cars or motor cycles I have had the pleasure off over the last 40 years have never had a clutch replaced and that includeds those with over 180000 miles on the clock. Just goes to prove how fickle Citroens are. This was my first and now my last.

Submitted: 2013-01-31 | ID: 38234

Clive La Pensee, England

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 2012

I’ve just been away in mine for 5 weeks. A great car to drive long distances and returned 50mpg fully loaded at 70-80 mph. Automatic is OK but using the paddles improves things as the gearbox can’t realistically plan ahead. If it stays reliable I’ll keep it forever. Why only four stars? The Citroen dealer who sold it were good at selling and rubbish at after sales. It is amazing the things that are clearly down to Citroen, but are not covered by the warranty - but that’s not just Citroen. If any manufacturer gave me a couple of grand off and no warranty I’d take it.

You are spot on about the Dealers: Couldn’t do enough for me when I wanted to buy the Citroen Grand Picasso Exclusive, all over me as I was a cash buyer. Cost me 25,060 euros LHD which I then added 12,568 euros of optional extras (total nearly 38,000 euros) which I paid cash for. Was told it would have to be a special order and take 3 months (it took 5 months). Went to collect it and again fantastic service by the salesman. THEN the first service came, took it in, was told there was a recall modification to be done. Told car was ready and they had done the recall mod, then they had just realised they had forgoteen to do the first service which it went in for and now I had to wait another two hours! Next time I took it in, I watched the car going into the service bay where by 2 staff got into the back in oily overalls (I have full leather interior) with 3 outside watching as they put in a DVD and sat watching a film via the 2 DVDs in the headrest (factory option fitted). I have photos of this and complained, but they never apologised (more to this story as suing Citroen and dealer). Simple DON’T BUY A CITROEN EVER. I own 12 vehicles, Merc G Wagen, Lexus LS, 4 Volvos, VW, etc this was my 1st and last Citroen - Kevin Claydon from Cambridgeshire

Submitted: 2012-06-09 | ID: 38227

The latest Citroen Grand C4 Picasso) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)