2010 Zafira reviews

27 August 2014

2010 Vauxhall Zafira reviews

Vauxhall Zafira reviews by year of make:1997 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Read all reviews

Helen, South Yorkshire

Vauxhall Zafira 2005 - 2014

Had this Zafira Exclusive 1600, 2011 model for three weeks, it's good to drive and very spacious. although we have found the storage space lacking and only one cup holder in the front! Am also disappointed that there is not seat belt recognition on the front passenger seat. On a drive to London we found the indicators very sensitive and the right hand indicator does not always cancel itself, very confusing when driving on the motorway. Been told that we are being too heavy handed but I wonder if anyone else has experienced this? Also, we do not like the lack of spare tyre, what happens if the tyre splits? There is a VERY noticeable lack of power when the air conditioning is switched on, not good when travelling in hilly areas. THIS IS A VERY BASIC CAR - we have previously owned Vauxhalls and been very happy with them, it's early days with this one so we shall see.

Submitted: 2014-08-02 | ID: 100761

jane, Gloucestershire

Vauxhall Zafira 2005 - 2014

ed this car a 5 well im hoping it is got 1 coming on friday hope i have done the right thing after reading these comments i have had my 04 astra from new its never let me down brill car i hope i can say the same for the zafira in 10 years time my astra as been passed down to family as its very reliable keep up the good work vauxhall

Submitted: 2014-05-15 | ID: 95533

Briiya, Essex

Vauxhall Zafira 2005 - 2014

Hey guys I have a Vauxhall Zafira 2006. Asides from the poor quality of internal trimmings I have no complaints. I have been told the head gasket needs replacing and was wondering if any one has had this done and roughly how much it should cost? Thanks for your time BRIIYA

Submitted: 2014-05-12 | ID: 95419

Marie, Cornwall

Vauxhall Zafira 2010

Bought 1.7 ecoflex in January, but took it back to two garages (both Vauxhall outlets) for fuel and cutting out faults. Now the seat belt that’s only been used about four times since I’ve had the car has jammed. Once again I have taken it back to a dealer, who managed to force the seat back up, but are expecting me to pay over £200 for the seat belt and then the labour charge on top. This is a fault with the car. I’m not happy with accepting responsibility for a Vauxhall fault.

Submitted: 2014-03-24 | ID: 50436

Val Prior, England

Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 diesel automatic 2010

The car has a fault with the DPF. Vauxhall have told me that the diesel automatic is going to give you nothing but trouble if you’re using the car for stopping and starting driving, it is only to be used by people doing long trips daily to keep the DPF from blocking up. They told me they have had loads of the cars coming into the workshop to have the DPF cleaned out by removing the exhaust and flushing through chemicals then forcing a regen to clear any soot out of the exhaust. This procedure costs about £600. If it’s totally blocked it has to be replaced at £1800. Mine was cleaned out and the blocked DPF had caused my turbo to blow when the garage forced a regen and it was too blocked to clear. Also my glow plugs blew. This car has cost me £3000 in repair bills since Dec ’13 and now it’s in the garage with a fault where it won’t pull away in first gear. I’ve used all my savings and nearly suffered a nervous breakdown over this car that I have on finance for another 4 years. I will never buy another Vauxhall in my life and I can’t warn people enough to steer clear of the diesel autos with DPF. If I can help someone else from going through what I have I will feel better for all the distress I’ve had.

Submitted: 2014-02-28 | ID: 50435

Darren Wilson, England

Vauxhall Zafira 150 cdti 2010

I bought the car at 6 months (6000mls) old. So far it has needed 3 egr valves, 1 alternater and 1 clutch with trimmings. As for dpf filter I had a quote for £1300. I got a friend of mine to cut it off, soak it in caustic soda and weld it back on again; it seems to be working fine now. As for the Zafira I’m never ever going to buy another.

Since when does a diesel Zafira have an egr valve? I have the same car as yours and no egr valve. Dropped by Vauxhall in 2004? - Rob Ni from Surrey

Submitted: 2011-08-14 | ID: 50410

Derek Ford, Kent

Vauxhall Zafira Exclusive 1.9 CDTi Auto 2010

Exclusive 1.9 CDTi Auto 2010 bought it in August with 900 miles on the clock, first reg’d May 2010. Comfortable drive, bit sluggish on exeleration, brakes very sharp, Diesel consumption very poor. Like the car overall, but the poor fuel consumption would deter me from buying another one.

Submitted: 2011-04-20 | ID: 50248

Robert Lloyd, Bridgend

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 life 2010

Good car lots of room but boy are they thirsty! getting about 340miles to a full tank when I was getting 500 plus from my 307 hdi, so maybe not such a good choice for me! Lucky me and the misses gave up smoking, spending on petrol now. :(((((

I agree, bought a 1.6 design two weeks ago and finding on 12 (£15) litres of petrol I’m only getting about 60 miles - shocking. I had a Peugeot 207 1.4L before and was getting a lot more mileage. Be interested to hear similar from anyone else. Please mail me on cajsoft@hotmail.com - Craig Johnstone from Lanarkshire

I’m getting between 28-30 mpg in mostly city driving from my 1.6 Life. I drive it quite hard so I’m pleased with mpg - Naeem Iqbal from Renfrewshire

Submitted: 2011-03-11 | ID: 50255

Chris Howe, Durham

Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 tdi auto 2010

I got a Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 tdi auto about 6 months ago and have had nothing but problems with it. First off the parking sensers were not working right as would only work when you first started the car. Next was an intermittent fault with the gear box not engaging right if at all; starts off driving ok then the revs get a little high and then complete loss of power. The first time the dealer had the car for one day and said that they could not find the fault. The car bust again yesterday with the same fault!

Got mine Zafira 1.9 TDI Auto as a Motability vehicle in January 2011. To date I have been very pleased with it. Everything works fine and am achieving 34 mpg. Plenty of adjustments on the drivers seat which means, as a disabled person, I can sit comfortably for long journeys. My previous car was a Renault Scenic which was so comfortable I thought I was never going to find a car with the same level of comfort, however, althought the seats are not as soft as the French cars, the Zafira is a good compromise. With Motability the Renaults are now too expensive for my pocket - Peter Bell from Kent

Hi, could you tell me the symptoms of the intermittent gear box problem as I think I have got the same problem? - Mine seems to be slow changing gear.- Chris Ward from Yorkshire.

Submitted: 2010-12-20 | ID: 50321

Stuart Balls, Cambridgeshire

Vauxhall Zafira SRi 140 2010

I have been getting a power steering intermittent failure. I took it to my local dealership and was told the power steering pump was faulty, they told me they would stump up 50% of the final cost. Which I thought was good, but when I was told this may not fix the problem as they weren’t really sure if this was the fault. I think Vauxhall should fit the pump FOC, as I am not being used as a ginea pig to find out what the fault is. When I asked if they would refund my money if this didn’t cure the fault I was told, NO. This is disgusting and shouldn’t use peoples hard earned money to guess at fixes for problems. The steering wheel buttons keep failing, so the buttons will do whatever they like, eg volume rocker switch, press it up, volume goes down (sometimes), does nothing, or may even turn the volume up (very rare). I don’t think I will be getting another Vauxhall, but they really need to deal with the common faults that they have and keep their customers happy.

Contact Watchdog on BBC1. They did a feature approx 2 weeks ago re the Vauxhall Meriva and its power steering problems. Just stops working at random times. May be a problem with the whole Vauxhall make? I know my own Zafira has the same electro hydraulic system - from Angus (Forfarshire)

I’m having similar problems with my 2005 Zafira, contacted Vauxhall who said it’s just Meriva’s - anyone got any more joy from them? - from England

I have just received a letter from Vauxhall asking me to take my Zafira in to a Vauxhall garage to have this checked. I have the 1.9cdti model 2009, they say it is a common fault on the Zafira and Astra and calling them in to be checked - Lynette Walker from Northamptonshire

I have a fault with my Zafira 2.2 sri auto, the steering where it stops working I’ve changed the alternator and battery to no avail. I will try Vauxhall after reading this. Also it started to wobble, my garage put it down to the drive shaft so that’s £300 for a pot end joint if that works - Mike Yates from Cheshire

Submitted: 2010-10-09 | ID: 50339

Allan, Kent

Vauxhall Zafira SRI 1.8 2010

Bought my Zafira in June 2010, It is a great car, roomy, does 30-32mpg around town, has loads of space and is great to drive - even in sports mode. It is much better than the Focus C-Max I previously had.

Submitted: 2010-08-23 | ID: 50302

Aislinn Martin, Northern Ireland

Vauxhall Zafira 2010

I have had my Vauxhall Zafira since Feb 2010. After the second week the window wipers fuse went, which didnt bother me too much, but a few days later my car would start shuttering and lose power. When I phoned the dealer I bought the car from about the problem they said take it back if the oil light came on. The engine light came on so I took the car back, they kept it for an hour said it was fixed so away I went again, the next week the car was back doing it again, light back on. Back down again to the dealer only this time they said that all I needed to do was when this happens, is to drive up the motorway in high revs for 25min and that should sort the problem, I don’t even live beside a motorway. So to cut a long story short that never worked, I was near killed while trying to overtake another car, I have been back and forth to the dealer 7 times and still not fixed. I have no faith in the car it is a death trap. And this week i AM SEEKING LEGAL ADVICE because my consumer rights have been breeched. And I have given the dealer 7 chances to sort the problem, and they can’t. IT MAKES ME ANGRY TO THINK THAT ITS ONLY WHEN A FAMILY IS WIPED OUT BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM WILL VAUXHALL SIT UP AND ADMIT THAT YES THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE. THE ONLY REASON I GIVE THIS CAR ONE STAR IS BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT LET ME SUBMIT THIS REPORT WITHOUT A STAR RATING.

I couldn’t agree more, these cars are faulty and dangerous. I bought mine in May last year and it’s cost me a fortune in repair bills. The car started juddering every time I was waiting in a traffic jam or at traffic lights, so I took it to the dealer and they advised me the DPF was blocked and needed cleaning out and regenerated. This was carried out by Vauxhall, it cost £875. They told me the blocked fuel pipe had caused the glow plugs to blow so replaced those, which cost another £85. I took the car home and drove it for 4 weeks, then the car was juddering again. I took it back to garage and they said the DPF was totally blocked again and I should take it for a long run to get it to regenerate. I told them I take the car on a 30 mile run a day to work, so they forced a regen in the garage where they blew my turbo; they didn’t offer to replace it, so I took it to another garage that replaced the turbo for £1000. I got the car back and it was running lovely after a new DPF and turbo until yesterday, when it wouldn’t pull away in first gear and lost power. It’s back in the garage. This car has cost me over £3000 in repairs since December. I’ve used all my savings and if it goes wrong again I can’t afford to put it right. I’ve only done 7000 miles since I bought it from a Skoda dealer in Scotland. I use this car for chauffeuring, its my living. I am absolutly digusted with the lack of customer service I have recieved from Skoda and Vauxhall and the extended warranty covers nothing, it’s rubbish! I will never touch a Vauxhall again. The worst car I’ve ever had. - Val Prior from England

Submitted: 2010-08-22 | ID: 50300

A Khan, Yorkshire

Vauxhall Zafira 2010

Overall I happy with the purchase. I think it’s a great car. The only problems I have had is the sudden chage of new altenator and the air con not giving out cold air.

Submitted: 2010-07-09 | ID: 50308

The latest Vauxhall Zafira) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)