2010 Insignia reviews

28 July 2014

2010 Vauxhall Insignia reviews

Vauxhall Insignia reviews by year of make:2006 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Read all reviews

Geoff, Nottinghamshire

Vauxhall Insignia 2009 - 2013

I was very disappointed to buy my Vauxhall Insignia to find all the Bluetooth buttons don't work.been to the dealers to see if they can fit Bluetooth they say no chance there is no wiring loom in the back so why do they but buttons in? Is it to make more saleable feel very disappointed.

Submitted: 2014-05-25 | ID: 96098

Mark, Middlesex

Vauxhall Insignia Elite Nav 2010

I have the Elite Nav 2010 model: Just would like to say how well this car is going so far. It’s been like a dream, I’m loving the hand break system and is very useful when on a hill. The steering does pull to the left slightly, but not too fussed about that. I do need to top the water bottle up often, but I’m guessing it’s because it uses a lot of water when squirting the head lights. I got 615 miles out of a full tank which I’m happy with and that was using 30 mile per hour roads around the London area, however, I would definitely get more miles on longer motorway journeys. In a nut shell, this car is brilliant and I will keep it for a few years.

Submitted: 2013-07-14 | ID: 49463

Mark, London

Vauxhall Insignia Elite Nav 2010

Firstly I’d like to say wow what a car! I have the 2.0 diesel Elite Nav; leather seats, climate control buttons here, buttons there, the boot is massive, lots of leg room, mirrors fold in and out by key, engine is a bit noisy, but then again it is a diesel. After reading a lot of feedback I wasn’t keen on getting an Insignia, but when I test drove it I loved it. The steering pulls to the left slightly, but it’s no big deal. Would I buy another one? Yes! Has to be Elite version though so it has all the extra bits :)

Submitted: 2013-07-14 | ID: 49459

Alan Bell, Devon

Vauxhall Insignia 2010

Take a tip when buying a car, see what the emergency services use, mainly police. Try and spot a Vauxhall Insignia!

Submitted: 2013-05-25 | ID: 49452

Edward Tate, England

Vauxhall Insignia 130bhp 2010

I have been loyal to Toyota for 16yrs. Fancied a change, so got a Chevrolet Captiva. Poor fuel consumption, and poor fit and finish. So part ex’d it for my Insignia. What a breath of fresh air. Cruise control, electric seats, climate controls. All work perfectly. The car is quiet, comfortable, and handles well in all conditions. Excellent miles per gallon. My car has a mid range specification. It’s a car for both a local journey and the marathon. For such a long car, it’s agile and feels good to drive. The dealership is competent and I’ve never felt ripped off after the routine servicing. Build wise , I think Vauxhall have at last got it right. Yes, it’s a brand I will buy again.

Submitted: 2013-04-28 | ID: 49451

Mike Grindrod, England

Vauxhall Insignia SRi 160 CDTI 2010

This is the worst car I have ever driven. Do not waste your money on this car!!! Mine, fortunately, is a company car. The mpg is poor, mine averages 40mpg with a mixture of motorway/town driving. I have had four oil leaks, new hydraulic pump, new speakers, new drive shafts, two new gearboxes, two new clutches, a new fly wheel and new gear selector rods. Despite the new gearboxes and clutch I still have problems selecting 2nd and 3rd gears when the engine is cold. The car has been rejected to Vauxhall and an engineer is test driving it next week so fingers crossed I can get a Mondeo, Passat or push bike.

Submitted: 2012-02-17 | ID: 49466

Geoff Sampher, Kent

Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTi 160 Ecoflex 2010

I bought this car new, and paid significantly extra for the Ecoflex version, which allegedly gives an average 7mpg more than the standard version. I was assured by the dealers that I could expect at least 48mpg - slightly more than the 46 mpg I had averaged with the three year old Vectra 1.9 CDTi I traded in. The Vauxhall brochure itself claims 41.5mpg (extra urban), 67.3 mpg (Urban) and 54.3mpg (Average). What absolute rubbish! In practice, and with almost 2/3 of my driving done on motorways, my average to date is just 38mpg - and that’s driving as efficiently as I can. The dealer doesn’t want to know, and Vauxhall themselves don’t give a damn (their response was that anything between 41.5 and 67.3 is acceptable to them, but they won’t accept the fact that I am actually getting less suggest something is not right). That apart, the car is great in most respects, but with an attitude like Vauxhall’s, never again!

Submitted: 2011-04-20 | ID: 49438

Stewart Wilson, Scotland

Vauxhall Insignia 2 litre Sri 2010

I bought my brand new 60 plate from Evenshalshaw. After 430 miles my rev count shot up and the car shot away from me. After performing an emergency stop the car started jumping like a kangaroo and the fault light came on the dash. The car was recovered to Evenshalshaw where they had the car for 7 days to call me and say not faults were found on my car!! 24 hours later I was driving my car with my 3 year old son in the car and the same thing happened, I manged to prevent myself from crashing by performing an emergency stop. This time the car was recovered to Arnold Clark for repair. They established several fault codes and were instructed by Vauxhall to wipe the computer clean and up date the software. After 14 days I was given my car back. Last week with only 1100 miles on the clock the fault has reoccured this time I almost crashed at a set of traffic lights! Vauxhall, Evenshalshaw and the finance company are all refusing to replace the car as they cannot fix the fault. This is now heading to court in the next few weeks, if anyone else has experienced the same faults please put your complaints on.

Peter Vardy Vauxhall have a lot to answer for, now in the hands of my lawyer, along with trading standards - KP Preston from Mid-Lothian (Edinburghshire)

Submitted: 2011-03-30 | ID: 49436

Frank Mc Alinden, County Antrim

Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 Cdti 130 SE 2010

Hi, I have a August 2010 INSIGNIA 2.0 CDTi 130 SE and it has undoubtedly been the WORST car I have had to drive! It is a company car and I’ve had so much trouble with it, it’s got to the point where a member from Vauxhall UK ended up coming to the local dealer in Belfast to look at the cars (Yes, CARS!, all 6 of the Insignias in our fleet are giving trouble!) I used to drive a 2006 VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140 S, which was also another bad car (The handbrake kept failing and the car rolled away lol) and the electrics were a bit unreliable. The Insignias are such a bad car our Company Director is implementing getting rid of the Insignias very soon due to the awful reliability and the MPG the cars are achieveing, nobody can crack 45 MPG and that’s driving her easily. Overall, this car is such a huge, huge, huge disappointment! Never buy an Insignia, save yourself the stress and bother!

Seems a very well built car, I have a second hand 59 plate sri 130D with 73k on clock. Had it several months now, no problems except I’m very disappointed with the performance, we travel to Telford now and then which is a 240 mile round trip on M1 and A38, costs £40+ in fuel... - Paul Ineson from England

Submitted: 2011-01-29 | ID: 49440

The latest Vauxhall Insignia) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)