2010 308 reviews

01 July 2015

2010 Peugeot 308 reviews

Peugeot 308 reviews by year of make:207 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Read all reviews

Roy Colbert, Yorkshire

Peugeot 308 2009 - 2014

can you change the mile ometer to kilometres with the controls arms when driving in europe

Submitted: 2015-06-21 | ID: 117501

Trebor, Lancashire

Peugeot 308 2007 - 2013

I purchased a 308 hdi 2008 in Jan 2008, the car looks / feels good, that was until I had a good look at the car, very cheaply made. I did not know these cars came with an indoor swimming pool! The rear door drain holes are crap, not big enough & positioned in a stupid way. The glow plugs, well that's another story, who the hell designed this area for these plugs? The work to replace, what a joke, Peugeot why don't you listen / look at your owners` reviews? The stupid, cheap Noddy spare wheel, done at the owners` expense, I have replaced mine with a proper alloy wheel. If I was to buy a new Peugeot this would be the first thing to check & if found that it had a tin of fluid or a Noddy wheel there is no way I would buy until these were replaced. Peugeot, wake up for God`s sake, you are letting your reputation down by buying CHEAP PARTS - the wiring looms, rear brake lights, wire so thin they are like hair strands, the discs / pads, again cheap. The car I had, the discs showed as if the discs were 20 years old, (now replaced), again you have let yourself down. I have written this review not to moan but to try & advise Peugeot to wake up to their errors! Will they? Time will tell.

Submitted: 2015-05-11 | ID: 115868

Trebor, Lancashire

Peugeot 308 2007 - 2013

Having bought this car 2nd hand I was looking forward to a well designed car, how wrong I was. I do my own repairing when needed. Looking at the mechanical side of the components, to start, what idiot decided to place the glow plugs in such a stupid place? The work involved to replace these is a joke. You have to remove the inlet / fuel lines / the shuttle to replace the flimsy plastic wings, yes I understand they do not rust. The electrics, well, this is one area Peugeot has dropped a right clanger at the expense of the owner, eg/ rear brake light unit, the connecting wire (rubbish) the rear wash / wipe coming on even though switched off by the menu, & to cap it all that stupid at the owner`s expense Noddy spare, what are you thinking about Peugeot? In my opinion, if I`m purchasing a new car & there was one of these things in the boot, I would refuse the purchase until a proper wheel was in place. Last of all & this will take some beating, a swimming pool within the back doors, Peugeot at least you could have given a goldfish as part of the deal! The drain holes at the bottom of these doors are ill-thought-out & I think you could have done better, you are letting your reputation down by buying cheap components at your customers` expense. We do have a 206 diesel, although hard on the bumps the car has been a good one. You might think the moaning sod, not really, just my opinion on a product that could have been better thought out.

Submitted: 2015-05-10 | ID: 115846

Sorin, North Lanarkshire

Peugeot 308 2008 - 2014

I currently own a Peugeot 308 SW diesel 2010 registration. Had it for one year and a half now, when started to have problems with the gear shift getting stiff, especially when it`s cold and first starting the car in the morning. I took the car to Robins&Day in Glasgow and asked them to diagnose my car but surprise, they couldn't find anything wrong with the gear shift. What? Unbelievable. I had to tell them what to do, to have the gear shift cables changed and that cost me nearly £500. They also coned me with an alternator belt change which was unnecessary. What kind of main dealer is this? Few years ago I had another Peugeot, it was a 207 model diesel which developed the same problem after one year and a half. It seams to be a common problem with Peugeot cars and I will not be buying another one in the future. On top of everything service people from Peugeot are incompetent and dishonest. The only good thing I can say about Peugeot cars, the diesel models are economic and the 308 estate model is also roomy.

Submitted: 2015-02-16 | ID: 111690

Ian Richards, Shropshire

Peugeot 308 2007 - 2013

Bought the Pug with 13,500 miles, I've added around another 26,000 miles since in the two years that I have owned it. Ok let's dispel the myths - driving position is slightly offset but no problem at all. Cars that are on good quality tyres and have been geometery checked do not wander to the left (this will happen due to the camber of UK roads only). My car on 17 inch wheels is like riding a church pew, if you don't want a rock hard ride go for a car on 16 inch wheels (these use 55 series tyres which give a little more comfort). Front brake discs and pads (Bosch) will wear out in 20,000 miles, they are very good but very very soft, mine is now running on a set of Pagid. Steering is a little light for my liking but it is firm enough, gearbox is a little notchy and the high clutch bite point is a little concerning at first, but it is very light and will not give you leg ache. Fuel ecomomy for my driving and work trips gives anywhere between 45 and 49 mpg (for 1.6 petrol that's good). If you want one go for low mileage full history cars (main dealers have the best obviously at a price). Service regularly and under no circumstances use cheap oil. The vti petrol enigine has 3 camshafts, the 3rd is at the very top of the engine and controls valve lift, it is also connected to a complex system of rollers and guides. Fully synthetic oil is a must along with regular changes. Like all cars look after it and you should be ok, I would buy another without any worry.

Submitted: 2014-09-16 | ID: 103163

George Leck, Northumberland

Peugeot 308 2009 - 2014

When starting the diesel 308 from cold the car judders this has been happening for the last 3 weeks

Submitted: 2014-08-23 | ID: 102000

Christopher Webb, Dorset

Peugeot 308 2009 - 2014

My Wife has owned this stunning car for two years. Milage is still low at 22k, but in the last few months has developed a 'whining' noise which is impossible to locate. It doesn't occur all the time, but when it does it doesn't seem to make any difference whether the car is stationary or moving, or if it is in or out of gear. It has recently been for a service at Howard's Peugeot in Dorchester, but they are at a loss for any explanation. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Is the heater motor on the lowest setting? Has the car electris seats & are they working? The reason I ask, if you think they are not working the motor could be working but not moving the seats. A/Con, is that on? Electric mirrors, listen close up to the mirror head N/S + OFF / S.- from Lancashire

Hi, thanks for your response! Turned out to be the fuel pump!! - Christopher Webb from Dorset

Submitted: 2014-06-20 | ID: 98120

Ros, West Midlands

Peugeot 308 2009 - 2014

Bought car new in June 2009. Only done 17,700 miles. Ill health shortly after purchase has kept the mileage very low. Booked in for service and MOT at dealership and to look at noise and clutch slipping. Passed MOT OK but told needed gear box stripping down to find fault. 8 hours labour to strip the gear box at £91 per hour and would need it for 3 days to fix and put back together. Huge cost no doubt. Couldn't start on it for 12 days. Booked it in and said I would see if I could get it done elsewhere more quickly but set the date with the dealership in case I could not get it done elsewhere. Got in the car and reversed from where it had been parked at dealership. Could not get the car out of reverse, therefore it is sitting in the dealership waiting.

I would contacted Peugeot UK with your plight, the car should have given better service than this 17000 miles. - from Lancashire

Submitted: 2014-06-20 | ID: 98093

Keith Newall, Yorkshire

Peugeot 308 sport hdi 110 2010

Purchased 308 sport hdi 110 october 2010, the car was registered 1 march 2010 with 11000 miles. At the moment I have no gripes with the car execept tyre noise , which on certain surfaces can be annoying especially when cold, but I intend to use a different brand when the original contis have worn out. The car itself is easy and pleasant to drive and being the hdi diesel gives good fuel consumsion. I do not think the car is worth the new showroom price though; I purchased this at 7 months old from local main dealer for around £8-9k cheaper than new, that’s a lot of money to drop in 7 months and still 2years 5 month warranty to go. Overall a good car for money, not in Audi/VW golf league, but not same price.

Submitted: 2011-02-21 | ID: 45234

The latest Peugeot 308) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)