2009 CLK-Class Coupe reviews

02 October 2014

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe reviews

Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe reviews by year of make:1998 2003 2004 2005 2006 2008 2009 Read all reviews

Steve Finnerty, Hampshire

Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe 320 CDI Sport 2009

Some great leasing deals on this model due to replacement by E Class Coupe and with the big diesel, 7 speed auto with metallic and leather thrown in could not resist. Needs the AMG sport kit to stop appearing too feminine but looks great in silver and still turns heads despite the age of the design. Here are some initial thoughts after 2 weeks. Firstly I did not expect to have to try out the breakdown service! The first trip brought a loud rubbing noise from underneath the car. The breakdown service assured me the wheels were not falling off but were unable to find the source. The dealer fixed it in an hour and told me it was a clip from the parking break that was loose. Hmmm. After this has been sorted I started to appreciate the car. The engine is quiet and seriously quick when provoked but can average over 40MPG with a bit of restraint. Gearbox is responsive with a gear for all occasions without hunting too much between ratios. Ride is comfortable and better than my 3 series coupe it has replaced. Handling is a bit heavy at low speed but feels better when going faster with a pleasing flowing feel and powerful brakes. The seats are comfortable for me but don’t seem to suit everyone and I would trade the multi-contour airbag system for electric adjustment as standard. The space is fine for four adults with a large boot and feels light and airy inside due to the pillarless design. Overall the car looks and feels like a premium product and I am looking forward to putting more miles on it to the extent I am already investigating increasing my mileage allowance with Mercedes Leasing!

Submitted: 2009-05-19 | ID: 42987

The latest Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)