2009 6 reviews

22 December 2014

2009 Mazda 6 reviews

Mazda 6 reviews by year of make:2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Read all reviews

Andy Peaple, Rutland

Mazda 6 2.2d 163 2009

I have had this 161bhp Mazda 6 diesel for 8 months now and am thoroughly enjoying it. It drives well with plenty of practical space, returns high 40s mpg(I have measured it properly many times over long distances and computer is around 3-4mpg optimistic) and has huge safe overtaking power. The only negatives I think you could pick out (all don’t bother me really) are, hardish ride at low speeds for some, vision could be better i.e. looking past the door frames and mirrors you have to do it properly and not a quick flick and go. Also the controls on the dash could be a little easier to get at quickly, however once you get used to them after a few weeks its ok. Just waiting to see if the reliabiliy is as good, only time will tell!

Submitted: 2012-05-16 | ID: 42689

Paul, Kent

Mazda 6 TS Automatic 2009

I am a 25k miles pa business user and convert from the boring, but trusty, Vectra. The new Insignia could not be leased for the right money with my preference for auto transmission, and other issues like rear passenger space and vision were apparant during a test drive. The Mazda stands out from the crowd visually and has superior passenger room and handling. I thoroughly enjoy how it takes the rough back roads of London as well as how nicely it cruises on the motorway. It is no slouch and on my mixed motoring burning petrol through automatic transmission I still average 38mpg - although weekends on short runs from home this reduces to the expected 28 or so. Fit and finish are fine and even the TS has a good level of kit, but I can see how they can put these cars out around 15% - 20% or so cheaper than a Mondeo, Insignia or Passat - even things I took for granted in my Vectra such as rear wiper operating automatically when selecting reverse, parking lights, interior lights coming on automatically when turning off the engine, washer fluid low warning, a specific bulb failure graphic instead of just a warning lamp on the dash and internal hatchback opening facility are sorely missed. In 2012 I won’t rule out another Mazda, but I’ll still be keeping an eye on the other mainstreamers.

Submitted: 2010-10-28 | ID: 42675

The latest Mazda 6) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)