2009 Carens reviews

20 October 2014

2009 Kia Carens reviews

Kia Carens reviews by year of make:2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Read all reviews

Peter Avinou, England

Kia Carens diesel LS 7 seat 2009

There is banging and clattering at the rear end of this car, but nothing obvious is causing this. A quite ridiculous spare wheel arrangement and no 16" 5 stud wheels available, although this would not fit that spare wheel carrier. The windscreen washers are a perpetual failure and they cannot be accessed at all. The flimsy insulation panel under the bonnet is a real mess. This was never intended to be removed either, any attempt to remove the fastening and the panel breaks. Brittle! No help anywhere on removing the OEM radio. I have owned numerous Kias but this is the last!

Submitted: 2012-05-26 | ID: 41900

Ferdie Wakay, Philippines

Kia Carens EX CRDI VGT 2009

The Kia Carens is a good minivan, however, the fuel consumption for city driving is not so good and the ground clearance is low. The Carens must be designed with 5 speed automatic transmission and not a mere 4 speed as the engine noise can be heard inside the car, but the motor or engine is really good and with power to move. In general the Kia Carens can be recomended for daily use.

Submitted: 2012-02-24 | ID: 41897

Ernest Lundy, Yorkshire

Kia Carens 2009

After a minor problem with clutch due to leaking cylinder the car has proved to be very good. One problem, however, was the need to buy a rear boot cover at £260, which should have been incorporated in the price of the car overall. The only disappointment is the low MPG (30), which, after my Nissan Quashqai ’s (45) is not what I might have expected. Other than that, as a driver for over 60 years, I could recommend the car to anyone.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-04-10 | ID: 41883

Jim Bond, England

Kia Carens CRDi 2.0 LS manual (7 seats). 2009

I did a lot of research on the MPV class and almost turned into a bit of an Anorak in the process. Time and time again I kept coming back to the Carens because I simply couldn’t find anything else to suit our limited budget. It would be unfair to name names but it’s always the same 2 or 3 manufacturers that are most popular choices. I wish car buyers would ditch the ’badge’ snobbery and go for something like a Kia that in my opinion offers the same if not more. Whilst many people are tightening their financial belts and holding off on that purchase, more and more people will soon latch onto the Carens. I may not be fully qualified to review this car as I have only owned it for a few weeks but can safely say that I am loving the Carens as I knew I would. I have found that many of the reviews that I have read are most unfair and unjust. Of course you get what you pay for, but I honestly don’t think this is the case with the Carens. You get a lot of car for your money. Don’t be afraid to consider the LS version with the extra gadgets on board. I bought my 2 year old for £8,500 which is considerably cheaper than most GS models. The ride, handling, economy, space, practicality, looks all score highly for me. One other thing; ’boxy’? ’boring’? - certainly not!

I must agree big time with your comment this car/van is good easy getting in and out of handles quite well. I would say I was a quick driver, tyres would be my gripe, I do not know what to put on after these rubbish rear RUNWAY are done I quite fancy hankook all round - John Stewart from Ayrshire

Submitted: 2009-04-07 | ID: 41911

The latest Kia Carens) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)