2009 Captiva reviews

2009 Chevrolet Captiva reviews

Chevrolet Captiva reviews by year of make:2007 2008 2009 2010 Read all reviews

Sara, United Arab Emirates

Chevrolet Captiva 2009

From the previous reviews I've read, Chevrolet might be the best anywhere else outside the Middle East. So if you're in the Middle East, never go for a Chevrolet. At first, you will be impressed by the looks, the design and the smooth drive on the road. But not for long! Soon after you fall into the trap of buying it, you will be flooded by technical issues and malfunctions that no one in the service centre will admit or even know how to fix. Before the end of my warranty I have reported issues in my dashboard warning lights, which they've tried fixing and eventually claimed that there's something wrong in the sensor after several failures. Only after a major complain they have decided to change the sensor. Shortly after changing the sensor and unfortunately right after my warranty expired, the lights came back on. Since then to date, no one is able to fix these lights. I've had 3 breakdowns in 2 months, for a problem with the gear, or computer programming errors. Currently I can hear a strange sound coming from the right side (front) of the car and no one is able to figure out what that sound is. They keep saying it's nothing! I have experienced the worst customer service, more than poor quality of service in general, no solutions and only spending more money trying to fix the unknown. And worst of all is the resale value, for which I was offered the cheapest price ever for a car ... as if I'm selling a bicycle. What's even worse, is that I still need to spend more money on fixing it to be able to sell it. Summary: Never go for a Chevrolet in the Middle East. It's not only my experience, it's several others`. If you're in the ME, check out the local websites and Facebook comments!

Submitted: 2014-07-29 | ID: 100551

Robert Lockhart, Argyllshire

Chevrolet Captiva LT 7 SEATER 2009

I bought the car after looking at the Freelander, couldn’t get the price down. I managed to get our 7 seater for 13,000 new and we all still love it, my wife, 2 kids and our chocolate lab have loads of room. It handles well, I’ve had it off road to go salmon fishing and it was no problem. I’ve had 40 mpg out the car on long runs and we’ve had it on holiday. For the price it really is some buy. We had 2 new Vauxhall Zafirias before this one, this has more torque, better seats at the back and I can use the car for light off road work. Kids love it, real value for money. Engine noise little high in town but fine on the motorway.

Submitted: 2010-04-04 | ID: 37126

The latest Chevrolet Captiva) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)