2008 Kyron reviews

06 July 2015

2008 SsangYong Kyron reviews

SsangYong Kyron reviews by year of make:2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Read all reviews

Mrs H, North Lanarkshire

SsangYong Kyron 2006 - 2010

Can anyone help, I have an 06 plate Kyron which has been reliable up until now. The battery is constantly flat, I have purchased a new one, however it will not start either. When the ignition is turned on it seems to make a clicking sound, just doesn't start.

Submitted: 2015-06-25 | ID: 117695

S. Simper, Australia

SsangYong Kyron 2006 - 2010

After 7 years with an underpowered but otherwise fantastic Musso, I purchased the Kyron second hand 3 years ago. It has performed beautifully in any task I have set it, including some pretty tough off road situations, and towing some pretty hefty loads. My only gripe is that when being serviced some time back the mechanic decided to use non Mercedes grade oil in the gearbox (to save the dealership money I presume). The result has been the onset of a vibration in the gearbox when accelerating gently. It does not happen if you really push it along, only when accelerating gently. The problem has lessened since I made them flush the gearbox and use the correct oil, but has not disappeared. The car is a dream on the open highway, but I am amazed how easily it handles the rough stuff as well. If the dealership can lift its game (and it needs a lot of lifting) and service centres are better spread around the country, I would grab another one next time round.

Submitted: 2015-03-04 | ID: 112716

francis simpkin , Merseyside

SsangYong Kyron 2006 - 2010

My clutch pedal goes down very easily and the gear stick is very floppy. Does anyone else have this?

Submitted: 2014-07-18 | ID: 99922

Sefik Tas, Turkey

SsangYong Kyron 4x4 diesel A/T 2008

I have 2008 Kyron. It’s great, a reliable and very solid car with lots of luxuries. It’s also relatively silent. The only problem I had was a transmission speed sensor failure. The service guys cleaned up the wire connectors. I’m still checking the car, but so far nothing has happend and I hope will not again.

Submitted: 2011-08-18 | ID: 47366

Nomal Wijeyaratne, Sri Lanka

SsangYong Kyron 2008

My motoring life started with a brand new Honda Civic back in the mid 80’s when I was just out of university & working my first business. Back then Honda was decisively ahead in the driving pleasure from other Japanese cars or in the price category. Back then Honda was nick named ’The Japanese BMW’ & I saw why. The next two opportunities would have it that I will end up owning used BMW. From there it would take me to Ssangyong Kyron which seemed an odd one to move on to from what I was driving. Due more to my wife’s liking of SUV’s rather than my decisiveness on the choice, here I was, with a Korean SUV, older Mercedes technology at a price of a car. Though i am more a car person for reasons of driving pleasure & handling, Sri Lankan roading does seem to suit more off road type vehicles. Few weeks on and the Kyron is growing on me. Two years and 35,000km later the vehicle has grown on me to the extent it has become my toy. The firm feel, rolling over the bumpy roads, the leathery soft feel of the 2 lire turbo diesel motor with the help of a X1R additives in the engine oil & the fuel makes the vehicle as desirable to drive as any mass produced vehicle that is on the roads of Sri Lanka today. Kyron to me means motoring pleasure without the financial extravagance & the pleasures of driving enhanced with space technology of the worlds best motor additive to make dreams come true.

Submitted: 2010-03-15 | ID: 47360

The latest SsangYong Kyron) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)