2008 Scenic reviews

23 April 2014

2008 Renault Scenic reviews

Renault Scenic reviews by year of make:1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Read all reviews

Helen, Hampshire

Renault Scenic GRAND SCENIC 2.0 VVT PRIVILEGE 2008

I bought this car at 2 years old and with 9000 miles on the clock. I had an extra six months warranty on top of the standard 3 yrs from the garage and then (thank goodness) paid £585 for a further 3 year Motorplan warranty. Engine wise has been completely reliable, and love the car itself, but electricals have been a nightmare. Both front electric window regulators have gone at different times with the windows being stuck open (would have cost £275 each without warranty), the keyless unlocking has gone at different times on ALL of the four doors and, in fact, one of them has gone again. Without the warranty, these cost £100 each to repair. Warranty won’t pay for the 2nd time on same door. Both electric wing mirrors have packed up at separate times. As soon as the warranty expires, the car is GOING!

Submitted: 2010-04-28 | ID: 46447

C, England

Renault Scenic 2008

A good sized car but when things go wrong they’re a nightmare to put right. Biggest problem so far are the electric windows - so far 3 have failed, each having a mind of their own, appears that this is a very common problem. Spent 300 quid on replacing a motor in one of the doors and just yesterday, 2 other windows have since failed. Then there was the transmission failure…Very disappointed with everything Renault, but a valuable lesson learned - never be touching one again.

Submitted: 2010-04-15 | ID: 46431

William Mitchell, Lanarkshire

Renault Scenic 1.6 RT 2008

Hi I just bought my blue Renault Scenic 1.6 RT last week. I was just about to tax my car today from my post office. The post office said that the car is still under a disabled class and has to be changed over to private class. Its a 1997 model. Very nice car to drive well untill I get it changed over to private class as the post office said that when they change it over I can taxed it from the DVLA office in glasgow.

Submitted: 2009-04-07 | ID: 46552

The latest Renault Scenic) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)