2008 Colt Cabriolet CZC reviews

17 April 2014

2008 Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC reviews

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC reviews by year of make:2006 2007 2008 2009 Read all reviews

Alan, Middlesex

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC CZC1 2008

Like a few of the reviews on here the car is let down by nagging problems like the windows jumping back down when you close them. After about nine visits to Mitsubishi and a threatening letter the problem still remains. One good thing is it doesn’t leak, even at the car wash! I would imagine after several bodged attempts to fix the problem the whole window assembly will need replacing. Nothing else has gone wrong with the car except a bulb so it is reliable. One thing that some people might find difficult is parking as you can’t see the front or back of the car! Fortunately mine has parking sensors front and rear. Overall very happy with the car but it is let down by Mitsubishi service standards.

Submitted: 2010-04-15 | ID: 43475

Alan Beake, England

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2008

This car is a delight. It’s different from all the others on the road because it has character and a most distinctive appearance. Of course it’s a two-seater but the rear seats integrate well into the complete design. Handling, performance and economy are all commendable. The open top option and its operation for a car of this size is probably as well thought out as any other brand. If ever there was a need for a test run, this is it. If you are looking for a stylish yet small cabriolet with many features, if you don’t need more than one passenger, if you want good performance, economy and reliability try the Colt Cabriolet CZC. Young driver or older driver you won’t be disappointed.

Submitted: 2010-02-16 | ID: 43474

Neil Horton, Yorkshire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2008

I ordered the car in the March and was promised a delivery date of 4-6 weeks but it wasn’t actually available until September. Within a week the car developed an oil leak and over the next 15 months the car has been repaired 6 times. I have done 510 miles backwards and forwards to the garage until the dealer found that it was costing too much money to repair with no end result. Mitsubishi have now fitted a new engine (the old one had 3500 miles on) to cure the problem. It’s the inconvenience and time lost that is the most annoying problem. If I could have got a replacement car at the start, things would have been different but the style is now unavailable. Apart from that so far so good.

Submitted: 2010-01-20 | ID: 43478

Allison, England

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2008

Must say overall I am not impressed with Mistsubishi even though I enjoy driving the car. The boot mechanism started misbehaving about 6 months ago. It wouldn’t open with the key fob and had to be unlocked manually. It went back to the dealership and they spent several hours re-setting it. Before Xmas it happened again. I decided it wasn’t the end of the world and I would use the key to unlock the boot and take it into the dealership again after xmas as I work for myself and was extremely busy completing much needed work. However, 3 days before I was due to go away (with my car) for Xmas, I went shopping in the evening, unlocked my boot and put my goods in and found the boot would not shut. I drove home (thankfully only 10 minutes away!) with the warning ’squeal’ blaring all the way because the boot was not shut. The following morning I rang the dealership where I bought the car saying I was desperately busy with work and asking if they could come and get the car as I couldn’t drive it the half hour to their workshop with the squealing noise blaring. They said that because of the bad weather they were short staffed and had no-one available. Fair enough, I thought. I mentioned that I had purchased the service package with the vehicle and had the MAP (Mitsubishi Assistance Package - like a roadside assistance service) included in that. The dealership said that it might be an idea to ring them instead as they might be able to sort the problem or at least get the car to them. I rang them and they sent someone out who, instead of attempting to fix the problem, slammed and rammed the boot so hard he managed to jam it shut - in fact only one side was properly engaged - the boot lid wasn’t level, sticking up on the other side. He then smugly told me that he had ’secured’ the car and I could drive it to the dealership myself. I did this (losing a valuable job in the process as I had to spend 3 hours at the dealership while they looked at the car) but they were unable to fix the problem. Now I have a car with a mechanical problem as well as an electrical problem as the MAP guy has very expertly broken the boot mechanism. It is not fixed yet and my local dealership tell me that these mechanisms are ’very complicated’ and difficult to fix. There is apparently only one cabrio expert in the country for Mitsubishi and he is down South so they will have to have my car in again for a few days while they consult with him about fixing my car. In the meantime I will have to pay £10 per day for one of their courtesy cars as I cannot be without a vehicle due to work commitments. So, if you are thinking of calling out MAP to ’fix’ your car, don’t bother - it has cost me a great deal in time and money.

My girlfriend’s boot won’t shut properly and starts beeping very loudly. I have noticed that this is because the catch on one side doesn’t release properly. But the bigger problem now is that the roof won’t fold down! And the passenger side window doesn’t close properly when the door is closed. Does anyone know if these problems are all related, and if so, how to fix them? Not impressed with this car at all! - from County Antrim

Submitted: 2010-01-05 | ID: 43476

JJ, Buckinghamshire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2008

My step daughter recently had a major car accident in this car. She came off the road hit three trees one of which split in half, the front of the car virtually came off and the debris which was scattered all over the place was unbelievable. Paramedics could not believe that she got out of the accident with cuts and bruises, and said the chance of surviving a crash of this extent is about 5%. When we arrived at the scene on first look the car looked crushed, but when i opened the door I was surprised to see the cab was completely intact, there was no damage to the footwells even though the front was smashed in. So in short we are so thankful that she was in this car, so even though the car is a write off, the most important thing is it kept her safe, and had she been in another car the outcome could of been very different.

Submitted: 2009-04-27 | ID: 43498

Lauren Barrow, Lancashire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC Turbo 2008

Sandra- sorry your having a rough time :( heartbreaking, I’m fortunate that even after the monsoon style rainfalls it remains intact. I have however had to get the other side window motor replaced and if the gear crunch continues that will have to go in (thank god for the 3 year warranty) - Paul the stripes are still on.... will let you know when they are coming off lol however might be a little late though if the paint is weathered around them. Pictures are on http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=12482664&albumID=2362929&imageID=34205207 of my baby.

Submitted: 2008-10-13 | ID: 43492

Sandra B, Staffordshire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2008

Love the look and drive of the car, but I’m so disappointed that after 3 attempts to fix the leaking windows I’m still having problems. Its been in the shop for a total of 3 weeks now and the problem keeps recurring. This has added a real damper (pardon the pun!) to what fundamentally is a great motor. Unfortunately, I think its something I’ll have to live with as no-one seems to be able to offer a solution :-(

Submitted: 2008-08-13 | ID: 43490

Lauren Barrow, Lancashire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC Turbo 2008

Well after having my window motors replaced they work fine! The gear crunching in reverse is apparently because i don’t wait 3 seconds when selecting the gear! I don’t like this, makes me look retarded on a car park! Glad my report made you smile! I didn’t smile when I have discovered in the next town a twin, same midnight blue with silver racing stripes in the turbo!! Talk about gutted. Think my stripes will be coming off!

Submitted: 2008-07-30 | ID: 43494

Lauren Barrow, England

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 1.5 Turbo 2008

I LOVE my car. So many comments and everyone of them makes me smile! It handles great... love it when the turbo kicks in, first gear is a little sluggish unless you drive it hard. I do have 2 complaints though, it doesn’t like going into reverse for some reason, crunches for no reason and the windows don’t always come up on command takes a few attempts. I love the shape, the class, the heated seats and being the only one I’ve seen in the month of owning it... I do recommend this car!

Submitted: 2008-05-27 | ID: 43495

The latest Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)