2008 Carens reviews

25 July 2014

2008 Kia Carens reviews

Kia Carens reviews by year of make:2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Read all reviews

Richard Black, England

Kia Carens 2008

It’s virtually impossible to change a head light bulb in this car, without dismantling the engine compartment!

Rubbish! It’s really, really easy. There are two bolts on the headlight. Unscrew them, then the headlight assembly pops out. I changed one in ten minutes in the snow! - Daniel Forde-Pogson from England

The head lamp bulb takes about ten mins, if that. Two bolts at the top of head light, it pops off, job done - John Stewart from Ayrshire

Submitted: 2011-11-18 | ID: 41894

Brian Hall, Cheshire

Kia Carens LS diesel Auto 2008

A friend had bought the Kia Sedona, but this was too big for me. I looked at a number of Carens and chose the diesel Auto model from a Kia dealer. The dealer would not move on the price but included for free the next two service (two years) and the next two MOTs. I’m very pleased with the car, it has plenty of room, lots of storage area and all seven seats have been commented on as being comfortable. It is easy to drive and park and has superb visability. I cannot think of anything to complain about. I have driven for over 45 years and this is the first time I will consider the same car when I come to replace it.

Hello, thank you for your comment on this car. Did you buy a 2008 model? If yes, can you please tell us if the front seats are not too short for people with long legs? I need some space not only to sit but also to put my legs somewhere. I’m 1m87. Thanks a lot for your reaction - Jack De Schepper from Belgium

Submitted: 2011-09-06 | ID: 41892

Michael Swift, Kent

Kia Carens S 2008

I really cannot fault this car. I bought the earlier model in 2005 and traded it in for my current car in 2008. A number of the minor irritations in the earlier model have now been eliminated, especially the position of the rear washer switch which, in the earlier model, was located on the dashboard. The car starts easily in all weathers and has proved to be extraordinarily reliable; I am fortunate to have purchased it from a local dealer, Hidsons of Northfleet, who maintain it to a high standard and have a very good level of customer service. My only gripe was: why is it so difficult to access the headlight cluster if you need to replace a bulb? I bought a bulb, thinking it was going to be an easy job to replace, and ended up taking the car to the dealer for them to fit it! Overall, I would certainly but another Kia. I do like the look of the new Sportage!

I have to fully agree with you, the car is good but changing a headlight lamp is impossible without dismantling the front end - Richard Black from England

It’s only 2 bolts on headlamp and it pops off: 10 mins job done - John Stewart from Ayrshire

Submitted: 2010-08-22 | ID: 41888

Terry Graves, Bedfordshire

Kia Carens S 2008

We did a lot of home work before our purchase, but having owned a Kia before and knowing the great aftercare service we had the Kia range was a starting point. we looked at Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, etc, but with the 5 year warranty and build quality and the price tag Kia floored the rest. Now any one who is looking for a vehicle just think if Kia offer now a 7 YEAR WARRANTY they must be very confident of their products, makes you think why the rest only offer paultry 1 / 2 year ones? I rest my case. And yes we are very pleased with our Carens, a great car.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-07-21 | ID: 41887

Amirali D, Huntingdonshire

Kia Carens 2008

I am really satisfied with it, a very quiet engine, good air conditioning and a great sound system. I slept in my car while on a trip, this could provide savings for those who travel a lot.

Submitted: 2009-08-14 | ID: 41881

Bob Butterworth, England

Kia Carens gs crdi 2008

Excellent all-round car. Just as good at touring round town as motorway trips to Scotland. However, CHOOSE YOUR DEALER CAREFULLY! the ’cheapest’ discounted deal, may mean naff service; it did in my case.

Submitted: 2009-02-02 | ID: 41910

LOL, England

Kia Carens CRDI GS5 2008

Excellent car; good performance, good mpg. Lots of room and well built. However, I WOULD NOT buy from Perry’s again.

Submitted: 2008-10-13 | ID: 41908

Barrie Oughton, Lancashire

Kia Carens 2.0 GS 7Seater 2008

This is the second Kia Carens I have owned. The new model is by far the best to date. I can truthfully say they represent good value, all round. Roll on the next one...

Submitted: 2008-08-21 | ID: 41906

Derick Delboy, Lancashire

Kia Carens 2008

Reading some of the reports above makes me think some people don’t know a thing about cars. the Kia Carens is a well built MPV, 5 or 7 seats, good spec, even for the entry S model. The ride is good and steering is positive, very little roll on corners. Interior is very spacious, and gives the feel of a big 4x4. 5 year warranty is a good tempter, which other cars don’t have. A good all round car, I say it beats the Zafira, on comfort and ride. I’d certainly buy another Carens, and I don’t have anything bad to say about it.

Submitted: 2008-08-21 | ID: 41907

The latest Kia Carens) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)