2008 Focus C-MAX reviews

28 July 2014

2008 Ford Focus C-MAX reviews

Ford Focus C-MAX reviews by year of make:2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Read all reviews

Adrian, Kent

Ford Focus C-MAX 1.8 Zetec 2008

Like everyone else who bought a C-Max I was after a family car with good economy and trouble free motoring, hoping Ford would have focused on reliability and value for money. Since owning the car I have had the rear windsreen leak, which Ford did repair for free. The radio never keeps the correct date, the radio rattles, the carpets do not fit properly, most of the dash panels rattle and now I have a water leak turning the passenger footwell into a water feature. The car’s going to the garage to rectify the aforementioned, but I have lost all confidence in the car with its sluggish performance and poor build. Now I cannot wait to finish each journey and I`ll be selling up as soon as I can afford another one. One more note: Never take your car to a Ford main dealer for service or repair - you’re better off taking it to a pet shop!

Submitted: 2012-06-08 | ID: 39954

Martyn Stribling, England

Ford Focus C-MAX Titanium 2008

Bought this car new in 2008 to replace my 55 reg C-Max. I liked the previous car, but this is awesome! The 2.0 Diesel is so powerful it’s acceleration is frighening. Superbly quiet, and apart from a recall to check a hose (no fault found) it’s been perfect in every way. It easily hits 58 mpg on a long run, and it is so comfortable. A very quiet car, apart from a slight rattle that comes from the radio. Upon investigation I found that it’s the actual Sony unit that "buzzes" when the engine is cold. But, then again, you can’t hear it when the radio is on so it’s only a minor niggle. It’s now coming up to 4 years old and it’s still on the original tyres. Apart from new wiper blades its only needed its required services and still drives like new. I won’t be parting with this gem!

Submitted: 2012-01-16 | ID: 39958

Bill Carter, Derbyshire

Ford Focus C-MAX 16tdci titanium+sportspack 2008

Bought car pre reg 2008 only prob had centre console coming loose cured with loktite on bolts. No other probs whatsoever drives/handles beautifully!.very pleased with it!! Had test drive in new model and will be having one soon. P.S. My mate’s got a Citreon Piccasso, it’s on the back of the breakdown more than he’s driving it.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-12-20 | ID: 39929

Cristian, Middlesex

Ford Focus C-MAX 2008

I bought this heap of junk second hand from Alperton Ford in May 2009. The epb (electronic handbrake) has just suffered a total failure and is going to cost at least a grand. It’s not even done 40K miles. Ford couldn’t care less. They really are the epitome of rubbish.

Submitted: 2010-07-30 | ID: 39939

Ken Adamson, Staffordshire

Ford Focus C-MAX Zetec 2008

I’ve had my C-MAx for the past 2 and half years, touch wood it has been ok and I,ve not had any major problems yet. However, the last few weeks, the noise inside of the car has increased whilst driving at higher speeds. I’ve looked at most of the car to try and se what the problem is but I,m struggling to find out whats causing it. The car has served me well and I would like to keep it, I just need to find out what the noise is.

I had a gradual build up of noise in my C-Max. It turned out to be the support bearing on the transfer shaft. The shaft between the dif and the cv joint - Don Brown from England

Submitted: 2010-07-20 | ID: 39937

Clive Cotter, Kent

Ford Focus C-MAX 1.6tdci zetec 2008

A superb family car with great levels of comfort and the build quality internaly is spot on, very Germanic. Compare with Japanese rivals eg Mazda5 and you will feel and see the difference. It drives spot on with hardly any noise in the cabin. The diesel versions are the ones to go for for economy and I dont know why but seem to ride better. The five speed box on the 1.6 and 1.8 petrol create a lot of noise because the revs are high at motorway speeds which becomes anoying. The 2litre is the only petrol choice to have. We have the 1.6 tdci and this is more than plenty for our mix of mainly urban weekday driving with days out at weekends. Achieve 44/46mpg around town with 61/65 on motorways. A great car and highly recommended but only get a diesel.

Submitted: 2010-04-07 | ID: 39906

Keith Ellinor, Essex

Ford Focus C-MAX Titanium Auto 2.0 ltr Petrol 2008

I bought this C-Max 2,0 tr Auto Titanium after having driven Ford galaxy for over 10 years. No comparison to the Galaxy, but still a very nice car to drive. The economy is not very good, and is worse than my previous 2,3 ltr Petrol Manual. Not sure yet on the overall reliability of the C-Max as I drove Galaxy for the 10 years and never submitted to Dealership for Warranty Work. The C-Max suffered an Engine Malfunction after 6000 miles, requiring a replacement Throttle Body which incorporated an elecronic switch.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-02-04 | ID: 39909

David MacKinnon, Perthshire

Ford Focus C-MAX 2.0 TDCI Zetec 2008

I have had a variety of Fords over the years; Sierra, Orion, Mondeo and latterly a Focus 1.8TDCI Ghia. My C Max is the best of the bunch - Love it!

Submitted: 2009-10-30 | ID: 39921

Richard Brown, Worcestershire

Ford Focus C-MAX Titanium 2008

Ready to buy the 1.8 Titanium. The test drive proved very informative. Living in a hilly urban area driving through crowded streets was an 8 out 10 rating. Open road the same. My main gripes are cosmetics. After about 7-8 miles I was constantly changing `cheeks’ on the very firm driving seat. Also... considering the Titanium is only second to the top models the trim options are extremely poor with only 2 choice colours (Non Metallic) but plenty as `optional extras’. Worse... there is only one choice of upholstery trim and that’s a dull grey black. Cheap Skate FORD.

I am thinking of changing to a Ford C Max from a Vauxhall Zafira. Would that be a good choice? Have been looking at other models, but C Max looks the best choice. Do not want to buy another Vauxhall - Sid Parker from Staffordshire

Submitted: 2008-07-21 | ID: 39976

The latest Ford Focus C-MAX) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)