2008 Captiva reviews

2008 Chevrolet Captiva reviews

Chevrolet Captiva reviews by year of make:2007 2008 2009 2010 Read all reviews

Keith Henderson, County Down

Chevrolet Captiva 2008

I bought this second hand with 40,000 on the clock and I can confirm, as with all other reviews, that this is a great car. Mine was bought from a main dealer and it came with a few minor issues (rear tail gate was leaking), but the dealer was fantastic and had it fixed in no time and with no hassle. As far as driving goes it’s really comfortable and the engine pulls really well. Yes there is a tiny bit of diesel grumble first thing in the morning, but it goes away quickly. The seven seat option has been really useful for me and as far as fuel goes it’s pretty good for a vehicle of it’s size and weight. The interior is just right, not too busy or bland and pretty well made (my kids haven’t damaged it yet). All in all a great car and a great ownership experience. And yes, I will buy another no problem.

Submitted: 2011-08-14 | ID: 37131

Pete, Kent

Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 VCDi LT 7 seat 2008

This vehicle does what it says on the tin. Firstly the ’cons’. The diesel engine is a bit agricultural for a modern day vehicle. At idle and around town you are aware that is an oil burner, but once underway it quietens down significantly making it a peaceful tourer. The gearbox is rather notchy making baulked gear changes very possible until you get used to its foibles. The intermittent wiper speed selector is fiddly and the front/rear fog light switch is not very intuitive. The good poins. The diesel engine has good pull between 2,000 and 4,000 rpm and can get you around slower traffic without to many frey hairs. Interior space is very good with seats 6 and 7 being full size (but a bit restricted on leg length). The on demand 4 wheel drive works without fuss and during a recent snowy spell the vehicle never lost its grip at all, even on standard road tyres. The hill descent control is just magic. Fuel consumption has been around 32 mpg on bendy country lanes and in town. On a motorway run at the legal speed limit it is nearer 40 mpg. Steering and ride are a bit ’American’, non-precise steering, but this is not meant to be a sports car is it? You can see its American design even if was built for the European market and assembled in Korea. The USA version is called the Saturn Vue and has the obligatory gas guzzling engine. This vehicle is worth every pound of its price.

Submitted: 2010-01-24 | ID: 37122

Mike Salisbury, Leicestershire

Chevrolet Captiva 2.0Cdi LT 7 Seats 2008

I have thoroughly enjoyed this car since taking delivery in March 2008. It is a pleasure to drive both in town and on the motorway where it cruises almost nioselessly. It’s versatile having extra seats when you need them, when folded down into the boot floor the bootspace will take almost anything you are likely to want to move. Would I recommend it ? - 100% yes, you will not be disappointed.

Submitted: 2010-01-20 | ID: 37123

Kevin Pritchard, Staffordshire

Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 VDCi 7 Seats. 2008

After several months of searching for a replacement for my Vectra Elite, I finally chose the Captiva and I’m very pleased. The car looks more expensive than it was and I’ve recieved lots of admiring glances and good comments from friends and neighbours. The drive can be a little bouncy on poor roads but despite many reviews I’ve read the car is superb on motorways and A roads. The engine has plenty of power and overtaking is no problem. The car easily accomodates 2 adults, 2 growing kids and a dog along with large amounts of luggage. The main benefit is no more complaints of ’feeling sick’ coming from the back which was a constant whine with the Vectra. The added bonus of the seven seats is great for days out with grandparents although the dog has to stay at home! To sum up a great car for the growing family who can’t afford a big german equivalent.

Submitted: 2009-04-08 | ID: 37133

Ronald Irvine, Northern Ireland

Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 vcdi auto 7 seater 2008

I have bought a Captiva 7 seater and it gives me the best of all worlds , I have plenty of room and comfort for very little money GM have got it right , a 4x4,an estate car, a van, a saloon car, an MPV, so many variations in one vehicle and on top of all this elegance with very nice sporty clean crisp lines with the executive look, what other car company gives all this for so little money. Well, GM have won me over and with 50 years of cars and driving behind me I’m won over so I will stay with GM, I only wish this car had been in the UK earlier, so thank you GM and keep up the good work, Ron.

Submitted: 2008-11-10 | ID: 37136

The latest Chevrolet Captiva) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)