2007 Meriva reviews

27 November 2014

2007 Vauxhall Meriva reviews

Vauxhall Meriva reviews by year of make:1994 1995 1996 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Read all reviews

Stan Webb, Durham

Vauxhall Meriva 2006 - 2010

No problem at all average 55/60 mpg

Submitted: 2014-05-15 | ID: 95554

Barry Pollen, Dorset

Vauxhall Meriva 1600 ENERGY 2007

We bought our car from new in March ’07. We have done nearly 30000 miles, which have been almost trouble free; the seats are a bit uncomfortable, but other than that a good car.

Submitted: 2013-02-23 | ID: 49619

Kevin Gallagher, Bedfordshire

Vauxhall Meriva Design 2007

This car was bought for the missus, thinking it would be good for her to run the kids about and shopping etc., but they are a death trap driving around roundabouts or pulling out of juntion. If you have one of these get a garage to check if you have a bloody stupid plastic fitting on the top of the water pump, as when these fail you lose all your water and blow the engine, as we have just found out at a cost of £1,689.65. Vauxhall knows about the problem and changed the water pump design to have it inbuilt on the pump, but rather than recalling the cars they have done nothing. I urge anyone who is thinking of buying one of these to buy something else.

I had a Meriva Design 2004 bought from Motor Point in Derby with low mileage - loved it, never had any trouble and always serviced - then a silly woman drove into me on the A14 and the insurance wrote her off. Kids called her Chloe - so much for looking after car had low low mileage and insurance paid me very little money - I wish now that I bought it back as Meriva I have now 2005 does not compare to my Design - with alloys - extra interiors lights - little extras you need when have kids - always loved that car - sorry that you do not like them but I am considering buying a new one next year!! - Sue Gordon from Leicestershire

I've got a meriva 1.4 57 plate which has now done 40k and never had problems with the water pump. My wife drives it around roundabouts like she's Colin McCrea and no issue. The only issue we have is very intermittent power steering loss but not as bad as some reported. On the whole I can fault it. - from Bristol

Submitted: 2012-09-15 | ID: 49630

Chas, Lanarkshire

Vauxhall Meriva 2007

A great little car, although I do have a few complaints: The radio comes on automatically when the ignition is turned on, there is no indication light on dash to show side/headlights are on and is now starting to get problems with E.P.S, which seems to be an expensive problem to correct (£500).

There was a steering fault reported a while ago on Watchdog or similar, potentially dangerous fault on power steering. It could fail without warning. I contacted my local dealer who organised a replacement without fuss and without cost. New parts fitted within a couple of weeks of calling them - Keith Arksey from Northumberland

Submitted: 2011-08-11 | ID: 49603

Scott, Lanarkshire

Vauxhall Meriva 2007

Been a good car but fuel consumpsion is poor, 30 - 35 mpg. Also just got it back from garage after the main ECU (brain) packed in, a cost of £531 to get repaired. Might not buy Vauxhall again.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-05-23 | ID: 49524

James Hetherington, England

Vauxhall Meriva DESIGN 2007

I bought my Meriva to replace a Zafira 1.6 which had a fault from new that Vauxhall couldn’t fix (the revs always dropped off when pulling away). Well, this Meriva has the same problem and I totally hate this car. It’s power is crap for a 1.6 design, 5th gear is almost useless. The seats are rock hard, seating position crap, the interior condenses up far to easy, especially the rear windows. The blind spot is a total disaster. The stereo jumps from station to station for no reason. Long after it’s stopped raining you got to use the wipers because of the water running from the roof. I’m constantly having to keep the steering wheel in the middle, if I let go the car veers to the left (the garage swears the tracking in ok). I can honestly say this car is nowhere near as good as the Zafira... I will never buy another Meriva. I have totally lost confidence in Vauxhall and am eager to sell this Meriva and again accept my huge loss in money. I’d advise a good long test drive... then say NO THANKS!

Submitted: 2009-01-28 | ID: 49654

Amanda Green, Derbyshire

Vauxhall Meriva 1.4 Life a/c 2007

I’ve been driving this car for about 9 months now and I’m very pleased overall with it. The space is fantastic and my little girl loves being higher up and able to see out from her (Isofix) car seat. It can lack a little punch sometimes from setting off but I hardly feel the need to race off from the lights so suits me fine. The only downside are the side pillars on the windscreen, which took a little getting used to as they do get in the way of visibility sometimes, especially on roundabouts. All in all I think it’s a wonderful family car and very flexible. Something I would definately buy again.

Submitted: 2008-03-16 | ID: 49641

Susan Jones, Hampshire

Vauxhall Meriva Life easytronic 2007

Like the car, spacious and comfortable. Quirky gearbox with heavy fuel consumption.

I am thinking of buying a Mervia 2007 1.6 Life easytronic (AC) with semi. auto box. Are the gear boxes ok and when people say heavy fuel consumption what do they mean by heavy? - Ken Horn from Hertfordshire

I would not buy a Meriva again but a Piccasso - Ann Becker from Nottinghamshire

We have a Meriva 1.6 easytronic. We get an easy 40 on a run down to Cornwall at 70mph. That’s with three people, a roof box & all the luggage & two mountain bikes on the back. That’s with me driving with size 12 feet too & I’m no light foot. Don’t forget that the Meriva is a heavy car for its size - Carl Davis from Leicestershire

Submitted: 2008-01-30 | ID: 49642

Peter Mahoney, England

Vauxhall Meriva 1.6 2007

My wife and I had a baby recently and the Vauxhall Corsa we owned just wasn’t big enough to cope with the army of supplies that you need when transporting a little one around. It was also difficult before to get him into the baby seat in the back. I thought that something in between a car and an MPV would be perfect and the Vauxall Meriva is exactly that. The interior space is magnificent and the FlexSpace system that allows the 3 back seats to be moved independently is a stroke of genius. Luckily, and importantly, it also performs well. The 1.4 engine gives me exactly the amount of acceleration and cruising speed that I need. Running costs / fuel economy are pretty good too. The only negative, and it is a very small one, is that the visibility from the drivers seat is not as good as I would have liked. However, this car is leased and I am so happy with it that I will be leasing exactly the same model again.

Submitted: 2007-11-09 | ID: 49648

Brad McQueen, Essex

Vauxhall Meriva 1.6 2007

OK car, have 3 kids, aged 7, 5 and 1, and find it a bit a squeeze when all in, no real pick up from the off but is quite good on the old mpg. Very reliable, but again, not as big on the inside as looks from the outside.

Submitted: 2007-08-23 | ID: 49650

Lee, Lancashire

Vauxhall Meriva 2007

I have a young family and needed a car that is the size in between a normal car and a MPV. The Meriva is just about perfect as it is the same size as a Vauxhall Corsa in width and length but is built higher to afford the room that is traditional with Vauxhall's Zafira. My wife also finds that she has increased visability and a greater sense of safety. She was also concerned about parking a larger vehicle but has found that this is not a problem with the Meriva. This is an excellent choice for a smaller family and the Meriva also looks very pleasing on the eye.

Submitted: 2007-07-24 | ID: 49649

The latest Vauxhall Meriva) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)