2007 Auris reviews

23 July 2014

2007 Toyota Auris reviews

Toyota Auris reviews by year of make:2004 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Read all reviews

Lee Wilmerson, Norfolk

Toyota Auris 2.2 d4d t180 2007

I have just bought a Toyota Auris which has only done 30000 miles and the power steering has gone. They tell me I need a new ECU. I’ve only had the car eight months and love it, but now it’s gonna cost me £700 to put it right and who’s to say this won’t happen again as I’ve been reading on other forums that this has been a common problem cars of this particular year (2007). Seems like an awful lot of cash to shell out, so I am considering getting rid as it seems Toyota have had just too many electrical faults with the ECU and power steering. Perhaps I should look at the Honda Civic instead?!

If you are in the UK you will be protected under the Sale. Firstly, you have your point of sales guarantee usually one year. However, you always have the Sale Of Goods Act 1974. Statutory Rights; 1. The car is not fit for purpose 2. The car is not durable. This covers you for 5/6 years. Companies have to repair or replace the car. If this is the case, then write to the car manufacturers, put in a copy of car receipt and all the faults. Head the letter ’Statutory Rights Sales of Goods Act 1974’. Say you want a repair or replacement free of charge. Good luck. - Maggie Allen from Berkshire

Submitted: 2013-04-24 | ID: 47710

Noel Schmitt, Yorkshire

Toyota Auris SR180 2007

I bought my 57 Reg 2.2 D-CAT 175bhp Auris SR180 recently. I have previously owned two Avensis and a Yaris. This one beats the lot, a simply amazing car! You really understand what Toyota is about when you drive it: quality build, combined with what I expect to be a reliable car. The only drawback is fuel consumption. Press hard on the pedal and you will achieve low 30mpg (0-60mpg in 8 seconds). Drive it sensibly and I can get 45 mpg on average. Not bad for a performance car (bear in mind the Auris 1.6 petrol achieves 39mpg on average). This one has got tinted windows, rear spoiler, cruise control... you name it. If you want great fuel economy, get the yaris 1.4 D4D. I got 67mpg on average with it, but it’s dull. If you fancy something more exciting, test drive an SR180 and you’ll see what I mean.

Hi Noel, got Auris sr 180 on a 2008 plate 544544 on clock but have a sickeningly low mpg, 34 at best. Changed air filter checked all usual other areas but that seems to be its best at the moment. Performance is good though. Any ideas? Also rained in quite badly into boot area. Seemed to be mainly around rear light entry into shell. Also the seals around air vents below lights have siliconed around aforementioned areas and this seem to have about stopped the problem any thoughts on the above? - Kevin Reid from Cumberland

You are right, it’s a great car until the ecu goes. I’ve got a T180 and the power steering went, they say the ecu needs replacing. It’s a 2007 plate and only done 30,000 miles, 700 quid later! Then I read in the forums and this seems to be fairly common like the rest of the stories I’ve read. I had parked up for 15 mins, pressed the start button and that was that - Lee Wilmerson from Norfolk

Had SR 180 as second car since 2009 when it was a year old. The car came directly from Toyota (GB) so was well maintained and had recalls sorted. We find the fuel consumption around town really annoying (low 30s) on motorway slightly higher but the performance is out of this world and can keep pace with many other high performace cars costing twice the price. Will have to replace at some stage with another Toyota but which one as they do not have a comparable car at present - Brian Moore from Bedfordshire

Submitted: 2012-01-18 | ID: 47698

Saira Saeed, Ireland

Toyota Auris 1.4d 2007

It’s a good car to drive until it tries to kill you.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-10-11 | ID: 47697

Philip Johnson, Gwynedd

Toyota Auris 1.6 TR 2007

I bought Toyota because of it’s legendary built quality. I have found the Auris as follows. Engine - quiet, pulls well - but would be better with 6 gears. Body work - great build quality. Interior - comfortable BUT has a major rattle problem from the front dashboard. It has suffered from a broken front seat! Dealer very polite but have the feeling that they will only replace a broken part but not really interested or have time to investigate an intermittent fault. It is due for a service so I will point out the rattle/creaking noise again and hope for the best.

Submitted: 2009-08-10 | ID: 47679

Steve, Surrey

Toyota Auris 1.6 TR 2007

Full of rattles and squeaks. Needed new clutch after 15000 miles. Has had TWO replacement power steering motors. Fuel economy dropped noticeably after 1st service. Replaced gear lever gaitor (old one squeaked). Front passenger seat belt receptacle mounting squeaks - replaced once, now has to be lubricated as replacement also squeaked. I would NOT recommend this car to anyone.

Submitted: 2009-04-24 | ID: 47713

Keith Harding, Staffordshire

Toyota Auris 1.6 t spirit 2007

I really like the smart entry and the cruise control. I don’t see the point in the automatic wipers and lights as we all know when its raining and getting dark. The Auris is very nice to drive and the 1.6 goes very well. I have had Toyota’s before including the Yaris, Corolla and now the Auris. They have all been good and reliable.

Submitted: 2008-08-26 | ID: 47723

David, Berkshire

Toyota Auris 1.6 TR 2007

I have had various Corolla’s since 1988 - my last one in ’05 and the Auris is the worst. Poor gear ratios, ridiculous gear shift light , knocking noise and feel through the steering wheel, and now the clutch is also making a knocking sound upon releasing the pedal. My dealer says don’t worry, you have got a 3 year warranty.. it will need it at this rate , cant wait to get rid.

Hiya, I have an Auris which is making a noise similar to yours when releasing the clutch pedal. Just wondered if you had managed to get yours fixed and if so what was the problem? I’ve had mine into the dealer and they don’t seem to know how to fix it!! - from Lancashire

Submitted: 2008-07-04 | ID: 47720

Lisa, England

Toyota Auris T Spirit 2007

Great car. Built well and priced fairly. A very comfortable drive and feels quite big inside. Mine has the multi mode transmission which I am still getting used to. However I find that having the versatility of driving it manually or auto is useful. This does not seem to compromise the speed of the vehicle for me. As I haven’t had the car long, only time will tell in terms of the overall performance and reliability but there are and have been a lot of Toyota’s in the family over the years so I expect there will be very few problems for quite some years.

Hi. Three years on, do you still have your Auris and did you get used to your MMT gearbox? I am finding mine a nightmare personally. So any tips you may have for driving it will be welcomed. Thanks - from Sussex

Submitted: 2008-07-01 | ID: 47718

Andy Tran, Aberdeenshire

Toyota Auris 2.0 d4d t3 2007

Fantastic car; well built, nippy, economical and supremely comfortable. Engineered to last with legendary dealer support. My first Toyota and certainly not my last.

Submitted: 2008-03-11 | ID: 47715

Judith Parker, Surrey

Toyota Auris 2007

I am having real problems with the Driver’s Smart Entry - sometimes the car will unlock and sometimes it won’t. Using the ridiculously small key is a real pain. Toyota shrugs their shoulders and talk about radio waves. They’ve changed the door receiver but it’s still the same. Has anyone else had this problem?

Submitted: 2008-01-14 | ID: 47716

Sanjay, Leicestershire

Toyota Auris 1.6 T3 2007

This car is reasonably priced, drives well & not too expensive to run. A good car, but nothing more than that.

Submitted: 2007-10-26 | ID: 47717

The latest Toyota Auris) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)