2007 Discovery reviews

22 November 2014

2007 Land Rover Discovery reviews

Land Rover Discovery reviews by year of make:2005 2006 2007 2009 2010 2011 Read all reviews

Andy Miller, Lancashire

Land Rover Discovery 2.7TDI XS 2007

The best family transport bar none, one or two very minor niggles, but they were sorted quickly by the dealer (Lakeland, Land Rover). It’s very quiet and comfortably, with superb practicality and is very easy to drive despite the size. The one and only downfall for me was fuel economy, I averaged 27mpg, but in hindsight I wish I’d have kept it. If you can afford to run it get one, you wont regret it.

Submitted: 2011-11-21 | ID: 42220

A Hell, Wiltshire

Land Rover Discovery 2.7 TDV6 XS 2007

Fantastic car when everything is working, trouble is the same fault happened every 4-5months. The problem was associated with the automatic hand break release, which knocked out parking sensors, slow gear change, reversing light etc. we were told this is a continuous generic fault with LR which required the clutch being replaced. The clutch was replaced but still continued to register a fault after several months. On the 6th occasion with the same fault LR said the clutch had gone again and refused to honour its warranty, leaving me with a £1500 bill, impressed was not a word I could use. The dealership could not believe the headoffice approach and could only offer a 10% labour cost reduction as their hands were tied. There I was thinking that this car can go anywhere and do anything yet can’t even handle the school run, the car is just over 2years old and only 21k on the clock, so to say I was ’appalled’ at LR stance is an understatement to say the least. Sold the LR and bought a JEEP Grand Cherokee, which whilst isn’t quite as refined they are at least realiable and as capable off road as a LR. Would I buy another LR "ABSOLUTELY NOT" and would advise others to stay well clear until LR can sort out the problems on reliablity, which they are renowned for being appalling at and honour their commitments to warranties.

Submitted: 2010-09-21 | ID: 42214

Ian Dukenfield, London

Land Rover Discovery 2.7 TDV6 SE 2007

I’d heard terrible things about this car since purchasing mine so it was with trepidation I finally took delivery in June of this year – I needn’t have worried. Touch wood, everything is so far working as it should and it’s given me nothing but pleasure. Well done Land Rover, a very solid and refined car.

Submitted: 2007-08-13 | ID: 42221

The latest Land Rover Discovery) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)