2007 Transit Connect reviews

29 November 2014

2007 Ford Transit Connect reviews

Ford Transit Connect reviews by year of make:2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Read all reviews

Paul The Plumber Hicks, Leicestershire

Ford Transit Connect tdci 110 2007

Hi! I’ve had four of these vans and with the exception of regularly servicing I’ve never had any trouble at all. I don’t spend a fortune buying a van, I just make sure it’s the tdci model, has a full service history and hasn’t been a ex-rental. I used to run Ford Escorts before the Connect, but I think the Connect is a much better van...just buy wisely.

Submitted: 2013-07-29 | ID: 40857

Austin Brady, Ireland

Ford Transit Connect 2007

I bought my junker from new and serviced it regularly, but at less than 60,000 klms the big end packed in and I had to pay over €3000 on a rebuild. One week after that the power steering hose burst. Also the clutch and gloplugs went and its also on its 4th battery. Heap of rubbish!

Submitted: 2013-02-10 | ID: 40839

Jo Jones, Ireland

Ford Transit Connect lwb high top high spec 2007

This is the worst van ever. I bought mine in 2007. It had water leaking into the front floor well, so I went back and forth to the dealer who couldn’t solve it. The dealer exchanged it for a basic model after 6 months haggle, but this one is even worse and has the same leak. The dash has had to be replaced, the front tyres need replacing every 8-10,000 miles and it’s heavy on diesel. It loses power and sometimes cuts out, I can’t find out why. I’d never buy one again.

Submitted: 2012-04-16 | ID: 40843

Martin, Ireland

Ford Transit Connect 75 PS LWB 2007

My Dad had Transits, then a Connect LWB 75 bhp and he was well happy. So I purchased an 18month old one, with 23K miles on the clock from a dealer 160miles away!! I’ve never had to bother them. Only minor issues emerged after 70K miles or so, but my local Advance Pitstop know these vans inside out and Ford parts are reasonable. It’s had two biggish jobs done so far: A charging failure required a new wiring loom, which was done at a Ford dealer for £350; a gearbox rattle due to the clutch release bearing at 115K miles meant a new clutch assy needed to be fitted costing £600. These vans are rock solid load carriers. Mine is stuffed with shelving/parts/tools and carries 350KG approx every day. I do 500miles a week covering a sparsley populated area of West Ireland and half of the roads I travel are pathetic, and I’m not a slow driver! My van only sees a motorway about once a year, but of all the vans I’ve had this has the best for road-holding and comfort, delivers 35MPG and has needed the least suspension linkages changed ( Ford suspension links are dirt cheap ). However, due to 120K on poor roads, I must upgrade to a newer van and give it an easier life in its middle/old age. It will be well up to moving a few sheep around for a local farmer!! I need something slightly bigger this time so I’m hoping a Peugeot Expert is as tough.

Submitted: 2012-01-31 | ID: 40851

Dave Merrin, Suffolk

Ford Transit Connect 200 tdci 2007

I bought this Connect to replace my aging diesel Escort van, wich never let me down. Ever. The Connect came from the John Grose dealership and was an ex rental van for them and had 7000 on the clock. The first thing that struck me was the appalling fuel consumption compared to the Escort....I can get it down to 27mpg if on the motorways at a steady 70! (Its the 75hp version) It has no go at all. Original battery lasted 1 year The build quality is nothing short of rubbish; bits drop off, the paint is falling off, plastic bumpers crack, tyre wear on the front is reasonable. I had to replace the alternator wiring at 55,000 as it gave out and was overcharging the battery yet the warning light was on. cold weather, the van is hard to start, it starts for a few seconds and then stops, new fuel filter is £42.00 from Ford dealer! Made no difference. Windscreens go, and generally it’s the worst van I have ever bought. I have allways had Fords but now I’m looking at other stuff. Van has 56500 miles on it and I have had it up to here with it.

I am thinking of purchasing a Transit Connect Trend Model... 110 BHP. I have been looking around various dealerships. I have noticed that their seems to be lots of these vans forsale... I have read your blog, and decided to ask you this, but has an opinion... Thanks for reading. Cheers - John B from Derbyshire

Submitted: 2011-03-13 | ID: 40819

David Emberton, England

Ford Transit Connect 2007

Overall quite a good van, Plus points: Strong quiet engine Very reliable Comfortable driving position Negative points; Very poor fuel consumption Front wheel bearings only lasted 25K miles, eats front tyres. Van is driven sensibly.

Submitted: 2011-02-06 | ID: 40824

Jamie O Hanlon, Warwickshire

Ford Transit Connect 220L 2007

This is currently my second connect first was 90p.s LX swb, sold it with 90k no problems except crack in power steering pipe but didn’t keep van off road ! Swapped it for 110 p.s 220L swb, the van is very nippy and pull’s like a train even when loaded. I Find it very comfortable long or short journeys, test drove caddy seats like ’concrete’and felt cramped in comparison both in cab and load area. I like the fact Ford don’t crucify you on the goodies such as heated screen/washer jets absolute must! And steering wheel mounted audio controls are excellent. Only a couple of problems, a faulty coolant sensor and an injector seat seal,all done under warranty and no lost time.Definitley the best van on the road build quality excellent nothing falls off in your hand and ultra reliable,just done 95k averages 39-42mpg even when driven hard drives as new. Going for a new connect soon. Highly recommended, built for a tough life.<br /><br />

Hi, I just wondered if you could help. My 2007 Connect has been suffering from some sort of pressure build up in the cooling system. I noticed it when my top hose sprung a leak, I replaced it and it happened again. Then I noticed the heater only blew cold air. The matrix and the egr value (I think) were replaced. Now I have light brown coloured water and the the heater sometimes blows hot. They now are going to replace the main rad, any ideas? Thanks, - Dean Farrer from London

I had exactly the same, it got worse over three weeks & it was the head gasket - Nick Hutchison from England

Submitted: 2010-09-12 | ID: 40831

Dave Harding, Nottinghamshire

Ford Transit Connect 230 LX High roof LWB 2007

When I bought my Connect I complained that the tracking was out only to be told that it was ok. 9k miles later and the tyres were bald on the inside. I checked the web, downloaded a copy of a report from Royal Mail and one from BT then showed them to Sandicliffe Ford dealers. The reports both warned drivers to check the tyres at 7k for signs of uneven wear. This was because nearly half of their combined fleets of 37000 Connects had worn to metal by the time that they had covered 9k miles. They stopped debating the issue and fitted 2 new tyres and paid for the re-tracking. This just goes to prove that if you do a bit of homework before you complain, it pays dividends. All in all, I think the Connect is a gutless wonder with the finesse of a 1974 escort van. My van has had 5 new windscreens, (heater element problems), a new battery, a new handbrake cable, (old one snapped), the brakes failed, a rear light filled up with water and was replaced and the wheels rusted so were replaced under warranty. My old escort van had 1 day a year in the garage for service and MOT, this bag of s**t has been off the road for 21 days in the first year! The only good thing about Connects’ is that the resale value is very good, (Thank God for small mercies). You have been warned!

Submitted: 2010-07-18 | ID: 40835

Steve Cooper, Derbyshire

Ford Transit Connect 1.8 TDDi LWB 2007

This van has been more trouble than its worth.It doesn’t run for longer than 3 months before a problem arises. When I purchased the van I had it serviced, it had a new alternator and timing belt fitted. It ran OK for a while until the clutch went. I had to have a new one and a master cylinder fitted. The next thing to go wrong was the alternator which has beeen a complete pain over the last few months, I have had 3 since September. Luckily the first 2 were under warranty. I would not advise buying a Connect of this age - if you do expect problems because you will encounter some!! The van is a good size and quite versatile but the engine is basically rubbish!

Submitted: 2010-06-04 | ID: 40818

Dan Brown, Devon

Ford Transit Connect 2007

I dont have much time for this van, even to review it. The seats are horrible, the engine is gutless, slow and uneconomical, bits of the bumper fall off for no reason, the gearchange is horrible, its equipped how you’d expect to buy a van 10 or 15 years ago and I now hope I never have the sadness of having to drive a Ford vehicle ever again!

Submitted: 2009-11-24 | ID: 40793

Patrick Higginbottom, Lancashire

Ford Transit Connect 210 LX 2007

Well, where do I start? Having run 4 Escort vans for years, some with over 350,000 miles for each van. I made the decision to try the new Transit Connect 210 LX with all the extras. On collection we were very pleased with our new cash purchase. However at approx 7,500 miles I noticed that the front two tyres had gone completely bald so I took it back to the main dealer to be checked assuming that as the van was just three months old that all would be sorted out under warranty. This turned out not to be the case and we had to pay for the new tyres and tracking. The dealer was not able to obtain any factory test certificates to confirm if the vehicle had ever been tracked correctly and this is not carried out as part of the pre-sale check. It is my opinion that the van had been delivered to us with the tracking out of alignment. At approx 13,000 miles I noticed that the engine had a flat spot at approx 3000 RPM so I again took the van to the main dealer who carried out tests but were unable to find the fault. I was informed that I would have to wait until the van broke down or that the fault was persistent. I carried on driving the van for a further 4,000 miles and took the van to the main again and demonstrated the fault. It turned out to be the turbo that had blown and there followed another week off the road with a new van at six months old. The van has been fine for the last six months but this week as I was driving down the motorway the engine lost partial power and I thought that it was a repeat of the turbo fault so I telephoned Ford for assistance and that turns out to be the AA and nothing to do with Ford and the service was excellent. I telephoned Evans Halshaw in Preston (the dealer where I purchased the van from) and was told be their service manager that the soonest that they could investigate the problem was 2/3 weeks. I called Ford Customer Care to see if they could help and was told that they could send me a list of telephone numbers of other dealers and I should ring round and see if any of them could get the van in any quicker and they would not provide any hire vehicle. This van is still under 12 months old and have just been informed that it now requires a new engine and waiting to hear if it is going to be covered under warranty. The moral of this sorry story if you rely on your van for business do go near a Ford Transit Connect.

Hi, I was just reading your review on the Ford van. At the moment we are having a problem with our van, ie the turbo has gone and the dealers are blaming this on ourselves and that we over filled with oil. This is not the case, but I was just wondering if you heard of any other people who had trouble with this engine. I hope you will be able to assist us. Thank you - Dolores Fealy from Ireland

I have had two Connects. The first one did 130,000 with no problems at all. The second one, a 2007, which has now done 117,000 in just over 3 years has had a couple of problems. First one was tracking as mentioned, kept wearing nearside rear tyre. This was rectified by replacing the axle, which was done under warranty, the mileage at that time was 25,000. The other problem which most mechanics I have talked to say is common on the Connect is the cable between the alternator and the wiring loom. It first started with the charging light coming on saying no charge. I replaced the alternator to find I still had the problem. I had my old one refitted and the van carried on for about 6 months with no problem all but it was still indicating not charging. Then it boiled the battery and I had to get it towed home. Now that the cable has been replaced we are back to normal and am keeping fingers crossed. I hope this will help anyone else that has the same problem - Tony Roberts from Denbighshire

Submitted: 2008-05-06 | ID: 40862

The latest Ford Transit Connect) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)