2006 Hiace reviews

29 August 2014

2006 Toyota Hiace reviews

Toyota Hiace reviews by year of make:1953 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Read all reviews

Bjorn, Netherlands

Toyota Hiace 1983 - 2006

I now own a Hiace 2.4D Van. Before me it was bought new by my Grandfather. It now has 162.218km on it in 18 years. My Grandfather always thrashed it maximum powerr all the time. The beautiful 2.4D engine loves to be thrashed. Now with 162.218 km on it it realy starts to work! Never anything wrong with it. It has been in my life for 18 years... well to me there is nothing better. I love the Hiace, I even call her my Green Queen. I will keep it as long as I can. I don`t want any modern rattlebox. 1. It fires up when you look at it (any type of weather) 2. Good fuel usage (1L for 14km *Diesel* 3. No oil usage 4. Maximum speed 145km.h 5. No problems with a hill. I have driven Merc/Ford/Renault/Iveco Vans, they all fail. Toyota Hiace 2.4D. It's Simply THE BEST!

Submitted: 2014-08-22 | ID: 101910

Tony, Bristol

Toyota Hiace 2006 - 2012

I have the hiace d4d 2007 120bhp model and I have a problem when you first start the van on a morning it starts and ticks over fine but as soon as you pull away the engine sounds as if its not getting oil very tappety tinny sort of sound this lasts for about 5 miles but there is no lack of power still pulls like a train. have put flushing oil through and new oil filter and oil put loads of bottles of injector cleaner in but still the same has anybody out there have any ideals that I could try. as far as im concerned these are the best vans on the road this is the third one ive owned and will deffinatly get another , many thanks Tony

Submitted: 2014-08-17 | ID: 101658

Griffyn, Australia

Toyota Hiace 1997 - 2006

I bought a 2007 manual Hi Ace for my mobile bicycle repair business back in 2009. I had it for 5 years, it had 36k on the clock & never let me down once. After 180,000 I stalled in reverse & recked the transmission, it also needed new tyres new shocks new brakes new coolant system new thermo & had a heap of body damage repaired, over $10,000 worth & was cheaper to trade up so...... .......I traded it in for the new model & will never buy another brand of van. These things a bullet proof, apprentice proof & dare I say it women proof. I can rate these things high enough they really are the best van on the market. Griffyn Branagh Director No Limit Cycle repairs

Submitted: 2014-08-04 | ID: 100878

simon, Cornwall

Toyota Hiace 1983 - 2006

Had my 1996 hi ace for 7 yrs it only let me down once when the battery failed easy fix! it never failed an MOT and i didn't have to touch it, it never ever went wrong, i didn't even have to change exhaust/brake pads/shoes in 7yrs!!!!just servicing , without doubt the toughest most reliable vehicle i have ever owned, even ran sweet on neat cooking oil (when i could get it) alas its achilles heal was its thirst for juice and eventually i let it go for a fiat scudo which is superb on fuel but nowhere near as well built, if i could afford a much newer one i,d definitely have another.

Submitted: 2014-07-24 | ID: 100310

Tim Tickner, Middlesex

Toyota Hiace 2006 - 2012

Tim Tickner, from Edgware, Middlesex Had a hi ace compact van before, did over 150000 miles never any problems except spare wheel jamming up! Decided to buy d4d swb 2010 model last year, have done 53000 miles, in use everyday, had toyota service vehicle no problems only wiper blades & discs replaced, tough robust vehicle, I know it will never let me down, it's old fashioned compared to newer vans on market, noisy engine, but toyota's go on forever,! Unfortunately toyota have stopped making hi ace for uk market. When I come to replace I will look for something else, pro ace is not built by toyota just rebadged van from Renault & Citroen dispatch, reviews are not good. Wish toyota had produced new hi ace put 6 gears & upgraded engine new euro emissions would be far more popular than pro ace they our now offering, had mechanic at work tell me he use to work for toyota & had great respect for hi ace could not speak highly enough of them! A good reliable workhorse.

Submitted: 2014-07-19 | ID: 99997

Frobisher Mudenda, Zambia

Toyota Hiace 1997 - 2006

My 1999 4WD Toyota Hiace Van had oil transmission leaks from the breather on two occasions after driving for about 10Km on each occassion. There were no noticeable changes in the transmission oil level when checked using the dip stick. Could there be a problem in the gear box?

Submitted: 2014-05-14 | ID: 95525

Keith MARSLAND , Hertfordshire

Toyota Hiace 1997 - 2006

Bought my 2002 88bhp gs 7 yrs ago at 104,000 miles. Not one breakdown, misfire or weird problems. Did start to lose water very slowly and when I had cambelt done at 138,000 miles, garage said water pump had very slight leak. New waterpump, diff and gearbox oil change. Had shock absorbers and twin batteries changet last year. Now 150,000 miles with new discs and pads and still on original clutch even though I commute to north London. So easy to drive and pull away. Does 30 mpg or 400 miles to tank in London or 40 mpg/500 miles to south of France. I would rather pay bit more on fuel than heaps of trouble of other makes.

Submitted: 2014-04-13 | ID: 94155

Don Park, Norway

Toyota Hiace 2006

My 2006 Hiace has 157,000 kms on the clock, and is just magic. Bought as a run-around, it fits the bill perfectly. After getting badly burned with the Series 1 Freelander, we have had Toyotas ever since. Not only are they great vehicles, they are reliable, and the local Toyota garage is excellent. We won’t be going anywhere else!

Submitted: 2013-11-15 | ID: 48153

Adrian Calder, Australia

Toyota Hiace 2006

I manage a small air conditioning company (contemporary air conditioning) and service all of Queensland. I purchased 5 Hiace vans with delivery 2006 and I have had all the servicing done. I found that after about 150,000 kms the water pump seals started to leak just a little bit, so I replaced all the water pumps with new seals and they have done over 200,000 kms. The roads we travel on are less than comfortable between Toowoomba-moura-Rockhampton-Biloela-Nebo-Collinsville, actually some are so bad, 80 kms long goat track between Nebo and Collinsville, you wonder if you’re going to make it! However, not a problem (with the exception of a skipping CD as my head hits the roof and my tools play musical chairs) lol. The point is BUY A TOYOTA! They are fantastic vehicles!

Submitted: 2013-04-02 | ID: 48132

Johnny Thompson, Finland

Toyota Hiace 9 seater bus 2006

My 2006 9 seater Hiace bus has 603,000 kms on the clock. There have been no real problems. It is serviced every 20,000km and the oil is changed every 10,000km. Go Toyota Go !! I love it :-)

Can you tell me what the distance on the wheels between hole to hole? Is it about 2 or 3 inches - Stuart Prentice from England

Submitted: 2011-11-02 | ID: 48121

The latest Toyota Hiace) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)