2006 Hiace reviews

23 July 2014

2006 Toyota Hiace reviews

Toyota Hiace reviews by year of make:1953 1990 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Read all reviews

Tim Tickner, Middlesex

Toyota Hiace 2006 - 2012

Tim Tickner, from Edgware, Middlesex Had a hi ace compact van before, did over 150000 miles never any problems except spare wheel jamming up! Decided to buy d4d swb 2010 model last year, have done 53000 miles, in use everyday, had toyota service vehicle no problems only wiper blades & discs replaced, tough robust vehicle, I know it will never let me down, it's old fashioned compared to newer vans on market, noisy engine, but toyota's go on forever,! Unfortunately toyota have stopped making hi ace for uk market. When I come to replace I will look for something else, pro ace is not built by toyota just rebadged van from Renault & Citroen dispatch, reviews are not good. Wish toyota had produced new hi ace put 6 gears & upgraded engine new euro emissions would be far more popular than pro ace they our now offering, had mechanic at work tell me he use to work for toyota & had great respect for hi ace could not speak highly enough of them! A good reliable workhorse.

Submitted: 2014-07-19 | ID: 99997

Frobisher Mudenda, Zambia

Toyota Hiace 1997 - 2006

My 1999 4WD Toyota Hiace Van had oil transmission leaks from the breather on two occasions after driving for about 10Km on each occassion. There were no noticeable changes in the transmission oil level when checked using the dip stick. Could there be a problem in the gear box?

Submitted: 2014-05-14 | ID: 95525

Keith MARSLAND , Hertfordshire

Toyota Hiace 1997 - 2006

Bought my 2002 88bhp gs 7 yrs ago at 104,000 miles. Not one breakdown, misfire or weird problems. Did start to lose water very slowly and when I had cambelt done at 138,000 miles, garage said water pump had very slight leak. New waterpump, diff and gearbox oil change. Had shock absorbers and twin batteries changet last year. Now 150,000 miles with new discs and pads and still on original clutch even though I commute to north London. So easy to drive and pull away. Does 30 mpg or 400 miles to tank in London or 40 mpg/500 miles to south of France. I would rather pay bit more on fuel than heaps of trouble of other makes.

Submitted: 2014-04-13 | ID: 94155

Don Park, Norway

Toyota Hiace 2006

My 2006 Hiace has 157,000 kms on the clock, and is just magic. Bought as a run-around, it fits the bill perfectly. After getting badly burned with the Series 1 Freelander, we have had Toyotas ever since. Not only are they great vehicles, they are reliable, and the local Toyota garage is excellent. We won’t be going anywhere else!

Submitted: 2013-11-15 | ID: 48153

Adrian Calder, Australia

Toyota Hiace 2006

I manage a small air conditioning company (contemporary air conditioning) and service all of Queensland. I purchased 5 Hiace vans with delivery 2006 and I have had all the servicing done. I found that after about 150,000 kms the water pump seals started to leak just a little bit, so I replaced all the water pumps with new seals and they have done over 200,000 kms. The roads we travel on are less than comfortable between Toowoomba-moura-Rockhampton-Biloela-Nebo-Collinsville, actually some are so bad, 80 kms long goat track between Nebo and Collinsville, you wonder if you’re going to make it! However, not a problem (with the exception of a skipping CD as my head hits the roof and my tools play musical chairs) lol. The point is BUY A TOYOTA! They are fantastic vehicles!

Submitted: 2013-04-02 | ID: 48132

Johnny Thompson, Finland

Toyota Hiace 9 seater bus 2006

My 2006 9 seater Hiace bus has 603,000 kms on the clock. There have been no real problems. It is serviced every 20,000km and the oil is changed every 10,000km. Go Toyota Go !! I love it :-)

Can you tell me what the distance on the wheels between hole to hole? Is it about 2 or 3 inches - Stuart Prentice from England

Submitted: 2011-11-02 | ID: 48121

The latest Toyota Hiace) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)