2006 Scenic reviews

02 September 2014

2006 Renault Scenic reviews

Renault Scenic reviews by year of make:1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Read all reviews

Debby Moat, England

Renault Scenic Privelidge dci 2006

I always wanted a scenic and loved it, until it started to go wrong!! Within the space of 2 years it needed a new clutch, gearbox, sun roof seals, gutters clearing as water was pouring into car, which happened twice by the way! Numerous electrical faults, and to top it all off, the EGR valve broke closely followed by the turbo blowing up the engine. Suffice to say it is now dead! I enjoyed it while it was being good but once it started going wrong it was a quick slippery slope to the scrap yard. I won’t be buying another Renault!! :((

Submitted: 2011-10-10 | ID: 46526

Kenn Ramsay, Renfrewshire

Renault Scenic dynamique 2006

Read the reviews here. Up to a year, the car is nippy economical, spacious. After that a storm of failures. The main cost in all maintenance is the numerous computers that need to be reset, repaced. The list. Change the expensive brakepads every year, as the solid gold brake disks are part of the wheelhub: £350 a pop. Get an extended warranty, the aircon went 1 month after it finished, £800 (opened my windows instead) And the final biggie (there are numerous smaller yet strangely expensive fixes) is the locked rear handbrake. Seized calliper £166, handbrake computer £750 plus labour. Yes, broken handbrake computer. Keep that in mind when you look at this car in the showroom and walk on by. REPEAT Never Buy French Again REPEAT<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-06-05 | ID: 46517

Stephen Perrin, Bedfordshire

Renault Scenic 2.0 16valve Auto 2006

This is the third scenic we have had. We have had no trouble at all! I won’t hesitate to have another one.

Submitted: 2011-05-29 | ID: 46509

Mike Thompson, England

Renault Scenic 1.9 dci dynamique 2006

I have just sold my scenic! It has been a pain in the arse. Bought it with good intentions and needed a roomy car as our 1st child was due, but it had constant problems, in and out of the garage. I do look after my cars too!. The last straw was a strange oil leak, then a blown turbo then injector faults. the list is quite long. If I managed to fix these issues I could trade it in on another car for 2 grand, the work it would cost in the garage would reach that. Sold for 500 quid FOR PARTS!!!

Submitted: 2011-02-12 | ID: 46494

Caroline Duignan, London

Renault Scenic 2006

I have had this car for almost four years, I bought it secondhand with 10,000 miles on the clock. The car was a dream for the first two years, however since then I think I’ve had all the problems that everyone else has described. Firstly two electric windows, along with the coils, the water seeping under your feet when it rains, new key, the parking problem, the dash decided to die and now to top it all off the battery keeps dying. I will never buy a Renault again and would recommend that nobody else does. A complete and utter waste of money!!

I have had similar problems with my Scenic, my dash packed in and my local Renault dealer wanted to charge me £468 + VAT. I found out they had been on Watchdog, rang Renault head office and got the dash fitted for £100. I hope this helps you and others...!!! - Kevin Davies from Carmarthenshire

Submitted: 2011-01-06 | ID: 46483

Roger Darby, England

Renault Scenic fidji 1.9 dci 2006

Only had the car 2 weeks, it’s only done 57000 miles. Heater plug warning light keeps coming on and it looses power. Mpg is average of 32 mpg, not very good seeing how fuel prices are today.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-01-06 | ID: 46482

Brooke, Australia

Renault Scenic 2006

I have had alot of trouble with my Scenic. The steering went on it, luckily it was still under warranty for this, only just and Renault tried to fight it cause it was so close to the end of warranty. One of the seatbelts has broken, the hazard lights and auto lock haven’t worked for sometime, I believe they stopped working when the dealers fixed the steering column. Of course they deny it. Now my "smart card" has packed it in. The dashboard keeps reading ’card not detected’. Now I have to wait 2wks for a replacement card from France, but have been told they’ve had delays and it may take longer. The cost to replace is ridiculous. Renault customer service is terrible, no one ever gets back to you, no one ever admits fault.

Submitted: 2010-10-23 | ID: 46465

David Faulkner, Staffordshire

Renault Scenic 2006

First fault; dash went out followed by electric power steering, motor failure followed by fuel primer pump perished not letting fuel to engine showing up as injection fault chugged when putting foot down, now rear window dropped down. Owned 12 months 48 000 miles, nice drive but don’t buy one.

Submitted: 2010-08-07 | ID: 46457

Deni, Ireland

Renault Scenic Dynamic 2006

Have had quite a few problems with this car that I bought brand new. The driver and passinger windows went, head gasket went, pistons had to be changed a few times. But the worst thing to finish it off is the timing belt snapped and caused extensive damage to pistons and valves so I think this is the end of my car having been quoted 2,500 to repair. I cannot understand that this has happened as it is recomended to change after 72,000 kilometers or 5 years. Any comeback from Renault?

Submitted: 2010-06-08 | ID: 46439

Karen Walker, Staffordshire

Renault Scenic Dynamique 2.0 VVT 2006

Second Scenic, had a old shape automatic, which was suppose to be troublesome. Mine was great, the only thing that went was the auto gearbox sensor inside the car, which wasn’t expensive. I love my newer one, great drive, and spacious. It does have the usual FRENCH electrics niggles, but hey ho, every one of the 5 or so Renault’s I have had, also did. I find Renaults have a fit one day, and then behave for months after, got a mind of their own. I owned a lot of Ford Granada’s previously, and they were quite troublesome, engines, head gaskets, oil burners. Cars aren’t perfect, but I would have another Scenic tomorrow.

Submitted: 2008-10-21 | ID: 46578

Simon Dixon, Hampshire

Renault Scenic 1.6 WT Expression 5dr 2006

Great family car, bags of space and comes with a good level of kit Ours has taken us to France and back twice and in the 2 years we’ve owned it has given us nothing but trouble free driving. Very reasonable to run and very good safety features. Can’t fault it.

Submitted: 2008-04-24 | ID: 46572

The latest Renault Scenic) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)