2006 Maxus reviews

25 October 2014

2006 LDV Maxus reviews

LDV Maxus reviews by year of make:2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2011 Read all reviews

adam mess, Aberdeenshire

LDV Maxus 2005 - 2009

i have had little or no problems with my maxus, a drive shaftseal inthe last year and half, but the main bearing is starting to sing, i just wondered if there was a 6 speed box that would fit, its got the vm engine, i did notice some transits have a vm engine, i did email vm , but not much help.

Submitted: 2014-10-02 | ID: 103978

Paul, England

LDV Maxus 95ps lwb 2006

Purchased my Maxus with 82000 miles. It’s an ex home delivery van (one owner, 200 drivers), so it had been well ragged . I have now taken the mileage to 220000 and van has finally broken down (starts then stops after a few seconds, any help on this issue would be appreciated). I have not been able to find the source of the problem, but since I have had my Maxus I have done an average of 600 miles per day 6 days a week. I’ve had the usual problems with the central locking. I service the van myself every 20000 miles with new filters and castol magnitec 10w 40 oil. The only new parts fitted have been the cambelt and clutch at 130000k, a pair of driveshafts and droplinks and thermostat. Proud to drive British!

Submitted: 2012-09-04 | ID: 42391

Clive Parrish, Buckinghamshire

LDV Maxus 120 SWB 2006

Originally a leased van, but bought from lease company for 3K when LDV went bust. I had been the only driver and van had less than 60K miles. Early problems with windscreen leak and rubber mat going in hole at 20K miles, which was sorted under warranty. The Northampton dealer went bust and I ended up dealing with Brian Curries in Milton Keynes - a big mistake as they caused more problems than they repaired and always had the van for weeks. We are a mobile 24hr Locksmiths so the van carries a lot of gear along with big safes too. Now we service the van ourselves, we are really happy and advise 3K oil and filter changes. We have just replaced the clutch at 78K as the clutch arm cracked (complete clutch kit and arm £130). The glow plugs are just about to be changed as cold weather is causing sluggish starting. We had all usual problems with the alarm and central locking; Waxoyl the linkage to the solenoid in the side loading door and make sure the contacts are clean, this sorts it out. We love our Maxus, it’s far better than my mate’s Transits.

Submitted: 2011-12-27 | ID: 42390

Eric Butler, Hampshire

LDV Maxus 2006

I bought a Maxus van three years ago from Hampshire Van Sales Direct, Portsmouth. An excellent van, which has given me no trouble at all. The after sales has been first class and without doubt this is the best vaule for money van you can get. I highly recommend this van and Hampshire Van Sales Direct. I will by another one from the same place next year.

Hi, I’m thinking of buying a Maxus, but just wanted to ask someone that owns one how do you find the van on diesel? Are the 2.5 engines thirsty? - Marcus Smith from Cheshire

Submitted: 2011-12-16 | ID: 42387

Craig Ibrahim, Swansea

LDV Maxus 2006

I picked my LDV up the other day and drove it home 160 miles and I was quite surprised how much LDV has improved. I’ve just come from a 2002 transit and i’ll tell you somthing, it’s 100 times better and for the money you can get two Maxus for price of one Transit, the same year. Transits and Renaults have problems with the clutch aswell, at the end of the day it’s wear and tear on parts and the way people thrash them, but the LDV for the money difference.. what can I say? Shame really that LDV went bust.

LDV still exists, but are now Chinese-owned and haven’t really resumed operations yet, but they do sell vehicles on their website (I assume from before LDV went under) http://ldv.co.uk - from London

Submitted: 2011-02-15 | ID: 42378

Eric Butler, Hampshire

LDV Maxus 2006

I bought this Maxus from Hampshire Van Sales Direct, Portsmouth. An excellent van, drives very well and very good on fuel. Has now been converted to a Campervan, I love it! Drive down to Huelva, Spain often and can’t fault this van.

Hi Eric, I have just got a LDV Maxus to do the same, any chance you can send me some photos to give me some ideas. Also any advice that you can give would be helpful send to paulsamag@live.co.uk. Thanks. - Paul Allen from Northumberland

Submitted: 2011-01-17 | ID: 42380

Ronv Makin, Lancashire

LDV Maxus 2006

Bought it two months ago, to date had it in and out of garage wiper switch and now it will not start. We think it’s heater plugs but it’s no good, although bought with a warranty each time I take it back they say things are not warranty items. Apart from that it is a good van.

Submitted: 2010-12-29 | ID: 42374

Mark Green, Warwickshire

LDV Maxus 2006

Firstly. Star rating - I would like to put 0, that’s how bad my van has been. I’ve owned this van from new, paid far too much for it. It has had 3 new clutches, 2 new alternaters, alarm system ripped - out could not be fixed, 2 new suspention strutts. All this work was done under warrenty. 4 and 1/2 years later I still have the van but I am in need of a new engine - the turbo went and took the engine down with it. But after all this I still like driving my van, it had worked well over the years. The engine managed to live for 160,000 miles. Anyone out there who might want to get rid of their Maxus engine? I would be intersted in bringing mine back to life if any one can help... my email address is info@kidzdobounce.co.uk. Thank you, Mark.

Submitted: 2010-07-30 | ID: 42369

Derek Farrow, England

LDV Maxus 2006

I’ve had two of these vans from my company and what can I say? The 06 plate cost over £4500 in one to keep on the road, clutch, wheels bearing’s, brakes, steering rack. I’ve now got a 08 plate, which is not much better. The biggest problem is fuel starvation on it, get to 1/4 of tank and the eml comes on, in the end the engine cuts out, leave it 30 secs starts up, fill the tank and no prblems with it. With the latter, does any one know what the problem is? It’s been to LDV loads of times and comes back from them saying no problem?<br /><br />

Hi, fuel pump in tank needs to be cleaned 100 percent - Kevin Ryan from County Down

I had the same problem, the air flow sensor needs sorting, the fuel pump cleaning and change fuel filter - from Cumberland

Submitted: 2010-05-02 | ID: 42366

Steven Adams, Durham

LDV Maxus 95bhp 2006

Stay well clear of these vans. Had mine 2 years and problems from day 1: Water leaks in at foot well on passenger side, cracked cylinder head, 3 clutches replaced, altenator, battery, turbo hose spilt, drive shafts, ball joints and drop links and this is only the half of it. Also the replacement parts are very hard to get hold of, so I’ve had to purchase every part from an LDV dealer which I hate. Looking to change my van now before it cost me any more money, maybe a Sprinter or Renault Master? Any suggestions?

I can assure a Renault Master will be no better. The tragedy is that NONE of the current crop of vans are any good - Guy Satchwell from Lothians

Submitted: 2010-02-05 | ID: 42362

Carl Henrickson, London

LDV Maxus 120 h/r lwb 2006

I am a courier and have just taken my Maxus through the 100,000 miles mark. I’ve just had a clutch fitted and had the timing belt changed as per the service requirements. It’s an excellent work horse with no real problems to report. Yes it’s basic the panels are thin, but hey you get what you pay for. Look after it, drive it with care and she’ll take care of you. RIP LDV, such a shame.

Hi Carl, how much was the timing belt to be done please? - Russ Owen from England

Hello, It was £300.00 you can only get the parts from LDV, You must replace the pullys at the same time - Carl Henrikson from London

Hiya, did you pay £300 for timing belt including labour or was that extra? Thanks - Keith Jones from England

Submitted: 2009-11-16 | ID: 42352

Robert McGregor, Lincolnshire

LDV Maxus 2006

I have just bought this Maxus. I was told the fan belt needed tightening. I’ve had a new tentioner, idoler and another pully & belt fitted but it is still squelling - so I had a new clutch pully fitted but still no joy. Can anybody help?

Get a water pump - Thomas Stewart from England

Get a mouse trap - Graham Amos from Warwickshire

Submitted: 2009-08-14 | ID: 42358

Steve John, Neath Port Talbot

LDV Maxus lwb 2006

Just bought the Maxus lwb 2006 model. After reading some of the views on here; have I done the right thing? But saying that, it seems to drive fine with no problems so far, not sure how much warranty is left on the van. I bought from auction with no service print-out with 19000 miles on the clock. Does anybody know how I can get any info regarding warranty? Thanks. I had the van at the right price in comparison with the transit OF THE SAME AGE saved about £3000.. and the last transit I had no end of problems, for example - NEW FUEL PUMP £900 POWER STEERING TENSIONER £300 NEW MIRRORS £80 SENSORS LOST COUNT, MISTED HEADLIGHTS £120 - rust... loads of... all makes of vehicles have their problems, you just have to live with them.

Submitted: 2009-05-21 | ID: 42416

Ronald Stevens, England

LDV Maxus swb 2006

We bought this van and have had a few problems; cab door hinges weak, had have a new battery at the start of it’s life, but it is British we should support LDV - they are cheap and basic but still a better than anything the French or Italian van makers can produce.

Submitted: 2009-05-06 | ID: 42415

Colin Pearce, Rhondda Cynon Taff

LDV Maxus 2006

This is the worst van available in the UK today. The gearbox blew after 23000 miles - new replacement fitted by dealer lasted less than 3 weeks - starter motor jammed causing electrical fire under bonnet and paper thin bodywork. Only a mug would by another one.

Submitted: 2008-12-15 | ID: 42402

The latest LDV Maxus) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)