2006 Tucson reviews

25 April 2017

2006 Hyundai Tucson reviews

Hyundai Tucson reviews by year of make: 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2010 2012 Read all reviews

Chris Clark, Hampshire

Hyundai Tucson 2004 - 2008

I wrote a report back in 2011 on here while living in Kent! My company Tucson finally was traded out at 176,000 miles. Since then I have had various other cars, but still loved the Tucson so when I needed to buy a personal car I had a 2006 2l petrol CDX with 121,000 miles showing but full service history. Changed stuff like power steering and alternator belts, rear reversing light sensor and minor stuff but overall still pleased with the comfort and drive of the car. Two years later at 138,000 miles, ownership came to an abrupt end when I was rear ended by a fast travelling Mazda 6 that lead to the roof being cut off my beloved car to get me extracted on a back board!!! You then can appreciate the strength and amount of metal in the vehicle that really took the shunt well. The rear axle was stuffed into the front of the rear wheel arches but any passengers (had they been on board) would have faired well. Impressed the fire crew that cut me out how good the car stood up to the impact! So, I have just bought another 2006 Tucson (2l CRDI CDX this time) with 85,000 miles on the clock as I tried Nissan X Trails, BMW X3's but just found the Tucson does what I want. Another tuning chip fitted now as I found on the last diesel the performance is better but so is the MPG and it does 42 mpg driven normally....... unless driven very hard which brings it down to 34mpg. I have travelled nearly quarter of a million miles in these 4 cars and still love them. They all have had differing faults at times but overall they represent good value for money and above all give me the comfortable ride I need to prevent back ache etc. They have all had tow bars fitted and have towed the large trailers loaded with heavy stationary engines to a caravan to now a hovercraft. No issues and I lose very little MPG which is good news.

Submitted: 2017-01-22 | ID: 138302

allen lagnado, Greater London

Hyundai Tucson 2004 - 2008

boaught new turbo changed by dealer blamed the oil change later found out car sent out of factory too hot thermostat which burnt oil next at mot they said take it back as turbo leaking oil they had busted screws next round front spring fractured then key cylinder broke hyundai did not spot this was towed to garage a few times my own mechanic did it then starter change man said gear ring in car slightly busted because of this alternator next diesel blocked exhaust went up and down m1 to luton to burn off poured lots of special nfluids noyhing engine light allways on then instead of tesco went to texaco gone all in all at 58000 mi i think quality is very poor

Submitted: 2016-12-12 | ID: 137338

Harry Hamilton, Lanarkshire

Hyundai Tucson 2006

Most boring car in the world! It never breaks down, no rattles, no leaks, starts fist time summer and winter, everything works, no problems after six years ownership, I tell a lie, I had to buy tyres. Really boring.

Submitted: 2013-03-30 | ID: 41611

Chris Clark, Kent

Hyundai Tucson 4 x 4 Turbo Diesel CRTD 2006

Bought new as a company car in January 2006. I’d already had a new 2005 one in petrol form for 45,000 miles and changed companies so asked for another. Got this diesel one! MPG disappointing at first, but a software upgrade helped to get to 32mpg and now a cheap eBay tuning chip/box has now got it to 38.5mpg and 34mpg when towing a loaded four wheel trailer. Car is now at 148,000 miles. Problems: Clutch made a funny tinkling sound when accelerating from 38,000 miles onwards. Garage didn’t do anything about it although I asked at every service. Finally the clutch was about all but finished at 115,000 miles. When it was changed they found a broken clutch plate and wear could be seen on one of the springs where it had been touching the flywheel (so hence that tinkling sound I’d heard). Mine has all the added toys like the heated leather seats etc., for a good price although the plastic interior marks easily. A few issues with the heater; the switchover controls are not working, and it has one leaky damper and a worn front suspension bush, but all of this has been done under warranty. Cam belt changes at 70,000 miles aren’t cheap, but all in all a damn fine vehicle both on and off road (OK, fields and beaten tracks!)

Submitted: 2011-08-26 | ID: 41609

Benjamin Aquilina, Malta

Hyundai Tucson 2006

This car is very good for long distance. Made it from London to Valletta, Malta with no problems at all. Bought second-hand with 13000 miles. It is a little thirsty, had 24.4per gallon.

Submitted: 2010-06-24 | ID: 41604

Christopher Dixon, Yorkshire

Hyundai Tucson GSI 4WD 2.0 2006

Bought mine as a pre-registered zero-miler. There’s only really one description ... "it does just what it says on the tin"! After three years, I still rate it - the spec is excellent, it’s a little thirsty and the trade-in price will be low, but does that matter when you bought it many thousands below its EU under-spec’d equivalents?

Submitted: 2009-08-28 | ID: 41603

Andrew Gilbert, Sussex

Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GSI Petrol 2006

Bought this car to replace our Mercedes A-Class following a cramped trip to Wales with three adults a dog and luggage ! The car is a dream and we bagged one with 16k on the clock and 3 years warranty for under £9,000. Huge space, really comfortable seats and a massive loadspace - fantastic ! It looks stylish and the spec is huge - electric windows, aircon, a superb stereo and plenty of nooks to store things - even a "curry hook" - they thought of everything ! Very smooth to drive and a great gearbox - makes the Vitara seem like a tank. Road noise and wind noise is there, but not much and the engine is very quiet. Don’t worry about reports about fuel cost - this one does about 30 mpg - better than most. A lot of good quality car for your money. If you are thinking of this car - just buy it !!!

Submitted: 2008-05-20 | ID: 41614