2005 Hiace reviews

23 April 2014

2005 Toyota Hiace reviews

Toyota Hiace reviews by year of make:1953 1990 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Read all reviews

Keith MARSLAND , Hertfordshire

Toyota Hiace 1997 - 2006

Bought my 2002 88bhp gs 7 yrs ago at 104,000 miles. Not one breakdown, misfire or weird problems. Did start to lose water very slowly and when I had cambelt done at 138,000 miles, garage said water pump had very slight leak. New waterpump, diff and gearbox oil change. Had shock absorbers and twin batteries changet last year. Now 150,000 miles with new discs and pads and still on original clutch even though I commute to north London. So easy to drive and pull away. Does 30 mpg or 400 miles to tank in London or 40 mpg/500 miles to south of France. I would rather pay bit more on fuel than heaps of trouble of other makes.

Submitted: 2014-04-13 | ID: 94155

Graham, Devon

Toyota Hiace 280 GS 2005

Always been a VW man and bought this Toyota van pre-registered with 25 miles on the clock in a moment of irrationality. 130,000 miles later I can only say that I wish all life’s irrational decisions had been this good. Chipped the fuel to get more drive-ability which means I can stay in higher gears on West Country hills, and also fitted a sound-proofing kit. Goes the length of the country on a tank full if you drive sensibly and about to the next village if you don’t. Only issue has been minor suspension repairs for most MOTs as there are a lot of poorly surfaced roads where I live. Was loaned a Vauxhall van with identical mileage recently and my Toyota drives like a new vehicle in comparison.

Submitted: 2013-07-14 | ID: 48149

Phil, England

Toyota Hiace 2005

Bought our 05 plate Hi Ace after reading the reviews on this site. Brilliant van, tough as old boots. It has just turned 100k and still feels like a new van to drive. Failed its MOT on a blown number plate bulb! Don’t bother looking at anything else if you want 100% reliability.

Submitted: 2013-03-02 | ID: 48130

Shaun Spindley, Lincolnshire

Toyota Hiace LWB 2005

I have had my lwb 18 months now. The MoT found a break pipe and handbrake needed freeing off. I also had a Zafira for the same time, 18 months, which I was running for leisure use, but this cost me £3000 in repairs over this period. I have just sold it and kept the old basic van over this because of the running costs. I think my van is totally brilliant.

Submitted: 2012-12-16 | ID: 48134

Michael Conaire, Ireland

Toyota Hiace 300 panel van 2005

I’ve had my Hiace since 05, from new, and in that period I have had only to change the diff at the rear and front discs and pads. Mileage is at around 249,000 to date. The van itsself is great in that it is 2.5 litre with enough pull to just about pull above its weight. I have the highest regard for this van. I have found other vans at the price I bought this Hiace at can’t pull the same weight or they are front wheel drive, which if you pull trailers is useless on soft ground and when the trailer is loaded. I would recommend this van for any young professional trades-person as it won’t let you down.

Submitted: 2012-06-19 | ID: 48142

Mike Thorne, Cheshire

Toyota Hiace SWB 2005

I have had this van from new and it has never let me down. It now had 140,000 on the clock and I’ve only had to change the diff bar and shock absorbers. I was going to buy a smaller van to get better mpg, but I have decided to stick with my Toyota, at least then I know I won’t have expensive repair bills.

Submitted: 2012-05-09 | ID: 48139

Mike Phoenix, England

Toyota Hiace 2005

Cheap to buy, comfortable and with good fuel economy. I have only needed to replace one tail light bulb after seven years fom new. Buy one!

Submitted: 2012-04-26 | ID: 48138

Amar, Lancashire

Toyota Hiace 2005

I’ve had my Hiace since 2005 and have covered 288k miles. It’s been regularly serviced I’ve only needed to change the clutch. I also have a 1998 Hiace, which has covered 327k miles and again I’ve only changed the clutch, plus a radiator. It’s still running on the manufacture exhaust and has just past its MoT with flying colours.

Hello. Well I think I would like this but first I want to know how much you want to sell this bus before we proceed. I await your reply at robmanng147@yahoo.com - robinson chinedu from Nigeria

Submitted: 2011-06-29 | ID: 48113

Ben Lord, England

Toyota Hiace 280GS 2005

Well, I bought one of these after reading reviews on this site! I must say that if anyone else gets one of these after not having driven a vehicle with solenoid actuated injectors is that they’re a lot noisier than you’ll be used to. I actually took mine to a diesel injection specialist after I could hear an odd tappety rattle which changed tone depending on accelerator position! Turned out to be just the way they sound. It’s been reliable, smaller than a transit, brilliant turning circle and built like a tank. I like the drivers seat and driving position (I’m 6’4) and find it comfortable. It is not the fastest van in the world and if you try to drive it fast you can expect 20mpg, however I drive like an old man and get 35 mpg combined so not too bad. Also, they don’t rust like transits. Vivaros are equally long lived in the bodywork department and faster but cost almost twice as much.<br /><br />

Quick update: I thought I’d check the tyre pressures... they were all about 30 psi! Blew em up to the recommended max psi (65) and hey presto 45mpg on a run at 60 mph. I’m well chuffed and recommend taking 2 mins to check yours - Ben Lord from England

Submitted: 2011-01-06 | ID: 48108

Tim Elliott, Wiltshire

Toyota Hiace 2.5 d4d 280 2005

I’ve had this van for 6 months now and not stopped smiling yet. Thrown every thing at it and it’s not missed a beat. I’ve tried many other used vans, good ones and bad ones, but with the Hiace you know its going to do the job. One down side to the van is that it seems to run out of power on hills.

Submitted: 2010-06-14 | ID: 48040

Steven, Northern Ireland

Toyota Hiace Commuter 2005

Hi, I am actually in Adelaide South Australia and put Ireland because Id like to go there one day... Anyway, I have had 2 Toyota Hiace Commuters, an 89 and a 95 model, total owning time about 8 years, the 89 model had 166,000 km and the only repair was a starter motor and normal services that I had done once each year... the 95 model had done 760,000 km and same story except no repairs just the yearly services, both vans NEVER broke down and I have now changed to a Mercedes Vito and it has broken down 3 times in 18 months, done about 260,000 km and cost me about 5000 dollars in repairs. I must be lucky but I am definitely changing back to a Toyota as soon as I can. Why wasn’t someone there to stop me from making this very expensive mistake buying a non Toyota van? It didn’t help being ripped off by the dealer when we bought the Vito, It was even from an Australian Mercedes van dealer and they were real F#%*@ so and so’s. Go Toyota!

Submitted: 2009-09-29 | ID: 48053

The latest Toyota Hiace) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)