2005 Primera reviews

30 October 2014

2005 Nissan Primera reviews

Nissan Primera reviews by year of make:1992 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2006 Read all reviews

Titus, Kent

Nissan Primera 2005 - 2006

KEY SIGN SHOWS WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE THE FAULT, IT WOULD NOT START

Submitted: 2014-08-04 | ID: 100879

Jeff Hosea, Surrey

Nissan Primera 2.2dci estate SVE 2005

I bought this car nearly new (ex-demonstrator). I had many problems from day one - annoying rattles (loose dashboard) and squeaks (turned out the rear bumper mountings were loose due to threaded bolts, presumably at manufacture), automatic headlight aiming faults (so bad that approaching drivers were stopping), black smoke, poor mpg, weird electrical faults to do with the steering column cabling, EGR needed replacing The dealers in Guildford (Bishops) cannot be recommended; I have even been advised by them that it was ok to drive a diesel if you mistakenly put petrol in it. Then the turbo failed within the first year. It was replaced under warranty, but it failed again in 2011 and I had to pay through the nose for that one (£800 for a reconditioned turbo). About 2010 the engine started hunting on cold idle, then hunting on warm idle. Then it developed massive loss of power and hesitation problem, sometimes stopping dead, culminating in being a complete non-starter - needed a new suction control valve (£400). This car is not a genuine Nissan - it was built in Sunderland and half of it is Renault (it’s mostly these bits that fail). A pig of a car. Don’t buy Nissan in the UK - they’re not Japanese.

Submitted: 2012-06-28 | ID: 44260

Gary Jackson, Yorkshire

Nissan Primera 1.8 S 2005

I have done 40,000 miles in 12 months with this car. No problems whatsoever. Zero cost apart from petrol. Best most reliable car I have ever owned. Everyone I speak to about it says "well what do you expect it is a Nissan". Would defo buy Nissan again but I’m on no rush to change mine. <br /><br />

Submitted: 2012-02-27 | ID: 44258

Manos Man, England

Nissan Primera 2005

This car is the shame of the today’s automobile! Its behaviour in soft turns over 100km/h is a disaster and if you have a light side wind it can become really dangerous. In high speed, if the road is not perfect, its aerodynamic together with the soft suspension make your heart beat real fast. I have worked in car rental for years and driven almost every car and I can say only this: it’s the worst car in behaviour and not only in its category! Only Kia’s are worse and just then some of them. Car may be reliable and comfortable and but that’s not enough to make a car good.

No idea what the previous reviewer is talking about. I have had a 95 model from new and it’s now pushing 70,000 miles. Never had any problems at all with it and it is stable at speed and in crosswinds. I have driven many other vehicles that do not handle anywhere near as well as the Primera - Andy Needs from Cardiff

I agree, I bought one out of Japan "used", doing about 18,000km. I drove the car to 70,000km with $0.00 in repairs, my only expense being the changing of engine and txm fluids. My average speed on the highway would be 160-180km/hr and the vehicle handled really well,and cornered really well. Maybe the driver that complained about the handling probably running on some crappy tyres. Other than that, his comments just don’t add up. My only problem with the unit is that I wished it had some more horses, maybe 225-250hp would have set me right - from Trinidad and Tobago

Submitted: 2008-08-14 | ID: 44263

The latest Nissan Primera) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)