2005 Fiesta reviews

23 September 2014

2005 Ford Fiesta reviews

Ford Fiesta reviews by year of make:1989 1998 2000 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Read all reviews

John Rivers, Berkshire

Ford Fiesta Zetec 2005

I bought this low mileage lovely little car for my daughter who’s at university in Bath, for her 18th birthday 2 years ago and could not fault it until recently. It was due a service 3 months ago, but we left it a bit longer as it had passed the MOT with no faults. The oil and water were checked and it went back to Bath University. We had a call last week stating it was making a whirring noise and the oil light was flashing, so we told her to carefully drive it back the 5 miles to her home. The next call was to say it had stopped in the middle of nowhere, we drove the 100 mile round trip to Bath and back to recover it only to discover that the oil filter had rusted through at the bottom! ( I can’t believe it!) then the engine emptied out of oil and seized up. NEW ENGINE REQUIRED! A very bad design and a very upset family.

So you ignore servicing the car (no way do oil filters rot through in 12 months) then advise to drive the car with oil light flashing! I’d say you got exactly what was coming and you deserved it. Hope you’ve learned a lesson - from England

Your problem is not the fault of the car it seems - Ashley Law from Essex

Was it a Ford oil filter that corroded? - Kevin Simms from England

David has clearly bought the wrong car! One, parking sensors are a luxury, not a necessity, so stop whining that it doesn’t beep when you put your car in reverse! Are you an idiot? Have you forgot about how you used to be able to drive before parking sensors were around! To be frank, you’re just whining for the sake of it and being far too goddamn LAZY! Mpg figures are guidelines. If you really are a fool and believe what Ford tell you, that’s your own fault! Ford would have done tests and got average figures from every road, weather, bumpiness, condition of every surface they can to get the best miles per gallon. If you stuck to speed limits, and drove sensibly and stop faffing about trying to listen for your parking sensors, you might actually acheive somewhere near the range you’ve been told. Different mpg also for different engine sizes and engine types e.g. Automatic or Manual. This car is amazing, it’s quite by far the best little hatchback of today and is very modern. Ford are trying to keep in touch with a wider range of customers to appeal to everyone. It is spacious, looks sporty, good to drive, EASY to drive (with/wo Parking sensors -.-) And is a real head turner. David, I believe you want to check your hearing first before moaning. Like I say, parking sensors are a luxury, hence why you paid for them as an EXTRA OPTION on your Fiesta. Ford have been around for years and always tried their best in making the best cars around and I feel they are doing a fantastic job with new innovation and technology to keep up with today’s fast moving times - from Kent

Submitted: 2011-11-21 | ID: 39627

Stefano Jackson, Bedfordshire

Ford Fiesta TDCI 2005

For years I drove only Volvos. I had a lot of breakdowns too. I tried a diesel Fiesta Zetec in 2002, to save on fuel costs and had 90,000 trouble free miles in that car. My 2005 diesel Fiesta Ghia now has 70,000 miles and has been faultless, it still returns 59 mpg and (touch wood) has been totally reliable.

Submitted: 2011-03-02 | ID: 39560

Alan Thomas, Wiltshire

Ford Fiesta 1.4 zetec 2005

Ford 1.4 zetec 2005. Bought mine second hand 3 months ago, no problems so far but have noticed high fuel consumption.

Submitted: 2011-02-08 | ID: 39561

Jane Allen, Hertfordshire

Ford Fiesta 2005

Rubbish car. Had it for 3 years (bought second hand from a Ford Dealer - who saw me coming and laughed all the way to the bank). So far it has needed new springs, steering column, new clutch, a new computer chip because it kept bringing up an EAC error and would not drive, so this became the last resort (small change out of £1000 for that one). Now it has a noisy ticking sound, which I am starting to wonder has some link with the cam belt. Utter rubbish. I have always been told that Ford’s are cheap to repair but all the parts are garbage so it costs a fortune in the end. I had 3 Rover cars before this, which had dreaded Gasket problems, but were cheap and reliable compared to this hulk of junk. Would never touch another Ford again.

Submitted: 2011-01-11 | ID: 39551

J Russell, Hampshire

Ford Fiesta Zetec climate 2005

Had this car for over 4 years having bought it when it was 9 months old with 1,000 miles on clock. Now has 35,000 miles. So far have only had to spend out for routine servicing and tyres. Has been very reliable and economical. My only negative comments would be that the front seats aren’t the most comfortable and the back seats don’t fold down flat otherwise it’s an excellent little motor.

Submitted: 2010-12-07 | ID: 39567

Sophie Phillips-Levy, Cyprus

Ford Fiesta 1.6 2005

I bought my car 2yrs ago second hand, it had just been shipped over to Cyprus from the UK. At first there were no problems but then I got the EAC fault flashing, also loss of power so I took it in the the local electronics shop and had a diagnostics test (60.00 euro), they just said it was a dirty sensor. Then I was driving about one day and she (my car) was fine, popped into a shop and when I came out 5 mins later she wouldn’t start, the battery had just died on me so I had to get a new one (95.00 euro). I then had to get a new coil (200.00 euro) and the spark plugs (25.00 euro)!! It’s only the second car I’ve had since I started, driving 3yrs ago but we’ve bonded well, she’s a fantastic little race car aswell people dont realise how quick it is. It’s also fantastic for picking people up from the airport!! LOVE MY FF TO BITS AND THERE’S NO WAY I’LL CHANGE HER FOR ANYTHING ELSE!! well maybe a Honda s2000 or BMW x6!! =)<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-05-18 | ID: 39445

Henry Ford, United States of America

Ford Fiesta Ghia 2005

Absolute Belter. Drives great but a bit noisy over 80, had mine from new and not a problem in 68,000 miles, still on original clutch. Only things changed are regular servive items and tyres. Screen wash bottle a little on the small size but then again I tend to drive a lot on country roads so I use it lot. Thinking of swapping it for a new one but a little reluctant to let this one go.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-04-04 | ID: 39448

Amanda Savage, England

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 2005

Had the car for a week & so far so good. +ve = very nippy -ve = V poor fuel consumption, lots of ’taccy’ plastic pretending to be metal over the dashboard & no spare wheel as standard!<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-03-28 | ID: 39447

Louise Clark, Essex

Ford Fiesta 2005

Just bought a second-hand Ghia - wow!

Yes it’s me. I am going to name mine ’KRONKORD’. It is on verge of me scrapping it, engine electric problems? 36,800 miles near as darn it, oil changed every 3 to 4k, it is a heap total rubbish - Ian Graham from Yorkshire

Submitted: 2009-05-15 | ID: 39682

Mr Graham, Yorkshire

Ford Fiesta 1.6 auto 2005

Totally reliable. just fabulous. Ride is good and handles well.

The winter of 2009/10 changed things. The lambada sensor went and is on the blink? I had bosch coil fitted ok, new plugs twice. First went due to leaking wiper jets, the heater tubes from header tank went short on August 10. The large one went last Monday. It is 5 years old with 30,000 on the clock - Ian Graham from Yorkshire

Submitted: 2008-11-26 | ID: 39659

Paul Hughes, Cheshire

Ford Fiesta 2005

I’m a driving instructor and have clocked up around 110,000 miles in this car, just about to change it. I bought the 1.6 diesel and pleased that I did. This has been the most reliable car I have owned so far with very little going wrong. The clutch lasted 97,000 miles. The fuel consumption ideal, I have nearly always got over 400 miles on a full tank of fuel and most of that is town driving. The performance is superb; this engine being hard to beat in its class. My negatives would be the gear box it is a bit notchey when putting it into 1st and reverse is a bit of a pain having to double the clutch to get it into at times but overall an excellent car with performance and economy to match. Would highly recommend.

Submitted: 2008-08-29 | ID: 39656

Keith Atkins, Surrey

Ford Fiesta Zetec climate 1.6 TDCI 2005

The car is excellent to drive around town and is economical and reliable. The ride is harsh on bumpy roads but road holding is good. The 1.6 diesel gives a lot of torque (more than the 2.0ST) so is easy to drive and surprisingly quick. I test drove the 1.4 which I found sluggish. The negative points are the seats, I cannot get comfortable as the back slopes away from the shoulders. Also there is no space to put your left foot to the side of the pedal. Otherwise a fun car to own.

Submitted: 2008-03-26 | ID: 39647

Jamie Hartle, England

Ford Fiesta Style, 5 Door 2005

The ford fiesta is very stylish outside and inside. In the cab there is enough room to seat four adults comfortably the cabin is very spacious and the interior is stylish with little detailing. The silver CD player stands out from the dash board and is a nice feature. To drive it is very nippy in low gears but does tend to struggle at higher speeds. It is very easy to drive and viewing capability is extremely good you can see the corners of the car from driver’s seat and visibility to the rear is very good. The exterior of the car is nice looking with quite wide arches to house the width of the tyre. Two distinct lines run up the bonnet and are a nice feature along with the headlights and chrome grill sets the front of the car nicely. The boot is a little lacking in space and you would struggle to fit luggage for four in the back. Handling in the car is very good with very little body roll through the corners at any speed; the steering is very responsive and with the addition of power steering makes manoeuvring simple. All in all the fiesta is a solid well built super mini perfect for around town driving and can seat 4 passengers comfortably although the boot may be a little lacking you could still fit the weeks shopping in. Perfect for cities but not so suited to the motorway.

Submitted: 2008-01-28 | ID: 39646

The latest Ford Fiesta) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)