2005 Ducato reviews

01 November 2014

2005 Fiat Ducato reviews

Fiat Ducato reviews by year of make:1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1993 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Read all reviews

J B, Yorkshire

Fiat Ducato jtd swb 2005

Bought a 55 plate Ducato 2.0 jtd swb, second hand, a year ago. Handles brill, sailed through MOT. Just waiting to hear from the garage if a coil spring has gone....first time I’ve had to have it in the garage other than for service/MOT/routine stuff. An excellent build...unlike some reviewers I have no problems with door seals, draughts etc. When making the decision to buy this one, we looked at a whole range of similar age/newer vans, the worst being the transit, which for 2 years newer was rusting from the inside out! My only fault with this one..the colour! It’s white!

Submitted: 2011-02-17 | ID: 38827

M Hussain, Scotland

Fiat Ducato 2.8 jtd 2005

I bought a six berth suntor a year ago, aprox 25-28mpg, sometimes worried about getting done for over speeding! Service it every year or six thousand mls, no problem at all, very happy.

Submitted: 2011-02-06 | ID: 38836

Brett Tolhurst, England

Fiat Ducato 2.2 multijet diesel 2005

Avoid, has been broken for two years off and on, now dead! Will start and drive until you slow down and cuts out. Had 3 egr valves, 1 airflow meter, 1 fuel pressure regulator, 1 ecu upgrade and 100’s of trips to the garage. Now nothing and a few grand later. Hiring a van and am skint! What now? Any ideas???<br /><br />

It sounds like your vacuum pipe is on the wrong way round - Tony Bevan from Essex

I’ve had the same problem, try taking fuel cap off everytime you use it, fixed my problem. I’ve now got a new problem, hard to start in cold mornings; once started will start all day long. They are crap vans - Lionel Currie from Buckinghamshire

Submitted: 2010-09-07 | ID: 38820

AirandPort Transfers, Devon

Fiat Ducato 8 seater airport bus 2005

750,000 miles, four sets of wheel bearings on the front. 15 brake sets on the front. Apart from tyres that is it. Awesome vehicle, passengers love it, top class all the way around. No other problems, will write again on its 1,000,000 Birthday

Submitted: 2010-05-13 | ID: 38753

HME Ltd Leeds, Yorkshire

Fiat Ducato swb 2.0 jtd 2005

Our company purchased a Fiat Ducato 2.0 jtd swb in march 05,and it’s been a great van; alternator replaced 3 times, new diesel pump fitted at 117000 miles, apart from that never had any bother with it. The van is currently on 133000 miles, runs great, serviced every 10000 miles and compared to the Ford Transits of the same age it has no rust at all. It is now due for renewal but seeing what other vans are available and the amount of problems they suffer, i’ll be sad to see the trusty Ducato get traded in as it has been the best works van I’ve ever had in the 20 years I’ve had one.

What mileage to the gallon do you get with this van? Thanks - Hugh Torley from East Lothian (Haddingtonshire)

Submitted: 2010-05-02 | ID: 38744

Charlton, Durham

Fiat Ducato 2005

I took a chance back in 2005 and bought a new Fiat Ducato. The van gets serviced every 15000 miles and is a diesel. 60 000 miles with no breakdowns and still going strong.

Submitted: 2009-11-17 | ID: 38796

John, Berkshire

Fiat Ducato 2005

I saved hard to buy this motorhome. I think I get about 75mpg as it spends most of its time on a breakdown truck. I’ve been to 2 Fiat garages now and can do a journey of about 200 miles before the AA comes out.

Submitted: 2009-10-22 | ID: 38797

Dwayne Stewart-Power, Berkshire

Fiat Ducato Maxi 2005

We have 2 Ducato Maxis 51 plate 70k miles 06 20k miles, both 2.8 jtd - never had a problem... Fantastic - best van on the market to drive....Take loads of weight etc... We had an N plate 2.5 that was better & more reliable than the VW Transporters we have had & still have.... much cheaper too!...We have 3.0L extra long extra high on order... Hope its as good as the other 3... Ps My brother’s got an X plate as well & apart from 1 wheel bearing that’s been great to... Maybe we are easy drivers?

Submitted: 2008-09-23 | ID: 38924

Andy Church, Fife and Kinross Shires

Fiat Ducato Motorhome 2005

Bought new. Could never get to start first time, engine very noisey, took mechanics 2 yrs to find timing was out. Replaced:- electric window motor, part for horn, timing sensor, ignition key lock mechanism, part for heater,all within the first 10000 miles. Now the reverse gear has deveopled a problem and starts to burn when under any load such as going up hill. Huge gaps in cab doors, passenger always gets frozen. FIAT should stand for Fix It Again Tommorrow. Low intial cost but the maintenane and repairs will break you. Never again.

Submitted: 2008-07-08 | ID: 38927

Keith Houghton, England

Fiat Ducato 2005

Fiat Ducato 2.0jtd 55 plate. Dreadful van! Noisy back end sounds like suspension is about to fall off, handles dreadfully. Bald front tyres at 15,000 miles - 65 mph = 3200 rpm - 70 mph = 3600 rpm = bad fuel economy - uses diesel like its going out of fashion. Side loading door rubber seal falls off every time I open the door. I can see daylight through back doors when they are shut. I could go on for ever, this is my second Fiat and it will be my last. Trading it now for a Nissan Primestar. Not impressed at all. AVOID.........

Submitted: 2008-06-04 | ID: 38935

The latest Fiat Ducato) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)