2005 Doblo Cargo reviews

24 September 2014

2005 Fiat Doblo Cargo reviews

Fiat Doblo Cargo reviews by year of make:2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Read all reviews

Selwyn Mason, Staffordshire

Fiat Doblo Cargo 1.9SX JTD 2005

I bought the van in 2005 with 1800 miles on the clock. The week before I had drive tested a Ford Connect. I immediately liked the vehicle for all the reasons I discovered later, comfort, gutsy economy and handling. Only problem I have had was an airflow meter and SGR valve fault which caused black smoke and great loss of power. Quoted £200 plus to do the job. Unbelievably solved for about £10 with a bottle of Forte Diesel Treatment (regularly put this in the tank now) Only critiscm is the poor marker for 30 and 50mph as the speedo is marked 20, 40, 60, 80mph. Next van definitly a Fiat.

Submitted: 2010-08-19 | ID: 38726

Glyn Roberts, Herefordshire

Fiat Doblo Cargo 1.9JTD 2005

I’ve had two Doblo 1.9JTD vans an ’02’ orange one and a ’55’ white one. Great little engines easily cruise at 80 on motorways and have good acceleration. Only problem I had with the ’02’ was a clutch at 70k and some unusual handling - which I never got to the bottom of despite numerous attempts. Also door locks on Fiats are temperamental if not looked after. Did approx 15k in 12 months and replaced it with ’55’. So far I’ve had this one a year and done another 15k but in 9 months this time (I worked overseas the other 3) and it handles perfectly and is just as pokey as the earlier one. Definitely go for the 1.9jtd as the smaller engines are gutless (had a few hire doblos as well). Clutch has gone on this one as well (not me honest) and the garage are having problems getting a new one despite contacting clutch suppliers. They have had to supply serial number off the old clutch as the indicated one on the parts list is too small . Apparently there are a number of 2005 doblos with non standard clutches. The 1.9 JTD engine is a match for the citroen and Peugot 2.0HDI engines and ten times better than their 1.9 offerings. Find a good one and you will save £1000 + on a similar Berlingo and Partner.

Submitted: 2010-07-01 | ID: 38720

Rob Coleman, England

Fiat Doblo Cargo 1.3 multijet 2005

I Bought mine brand new in 2005. Has now done 44k miles. Just bought a Transit to replace it as carrying 400-ish kilos in the Doblo has killed the shock stops and the leaf springs, so I need something bigger. Had to have new rear brake cylinders at 27k as they were leaking fluid (£450), and the gearstick weld snapped at 42k, but with builders banding and some roofing bolts I made it home and had it re-welded, other than that though, mechanically this van has been fine. Just the usual brake pads, discs, aux belts etc. If you service it regularly and to the letter, and don’t drive it like Schumacher, its a fine little van. Mine has never broken down, so it’s given me no down-time atall. But don’t bother trying to put the stated 500 kilos in it, it won’t like it, and it will quickly destroy the rear suspension. Also I find it goes through front tyres very quickly. The MPG figures of 62 etc are impossible to achieve. Mine averages about 42, which is still not bad at all, considering the weight it carries.

Submitted: 2010-01-13 | ID: 38716

Mark, Rhondda Cynon Taff

Fiat Doblo Cargo 2005

I bought a brand new Fiat Doblo Cargo four years ago (05 plate). It’s a 1.9jtd (105 hp) and does about 50 mpg. It is very reliable, nice and comfortable to drive and quite fast which is great for busy roundabouts. I’m a plumber/gas fitter and a service agent for a couple of boiler manufacturers, which means the van does get a hell of a slamming too. The only thing I would say to watch out for is the gear stick. It is very short and can be troublesome to engage at times. The gearstick once completely snapped and I had to drive home with a mole grip attached to have it welded. Other than this I think the Doblo is a brilliant van and would recommend it to anyone.

Submitted: 2009-11-14 | ID: 38715

Gaz Hambling, Lincolnshire

Fiat Doblo Cargo 2005

I bought a Fiat Doblo second-hand 3 weeks ago, sold as seen. I had a nightmare with it last week catalytic converter snapped off - it had been welded up, the previous owner had clutch replaced 6 months ago, great I thought, until the fly wheel packed up costing me another £650. Although when I got back out garage another problem wheel bearings (both) very noisy and abs light on, garage seems to think that taking out driveshafts has disturbed the wheel bearings??????? Any helpful feedback please on this????

Yeh! Don’t buy a second hand "bought as seen"!!! - Steve Morris from Ceredigion

Submitted: 2009-09-10 | ID: 38706

Les Marshall, England

Fiat Doblo Cargo 1.3 2005

Good little van with no problems! But you have to get it chipped to make it go. I now get good acceleration, 57mpg more torque etc etc. Carries my disco gear so not exactly light. But actually drives better loaded. Unloaded flies like the wind. GET IT CHIPPED IF YOU HAVE A DOBLO.

Where have you bought your chip from? - Daniel Gildenhuys from Buckinghamshire

Have just got wife 2004 cargo great van. Where can I get it chipped and how much does it cost? - Steve Mansell from Somerset

Submitted: 2009-08-04 | ID: 38708

The latest Fiat Doblo Cargo) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)