2003 206 reviews

31 October 2014

2003 Peugeot 206 reviews

Peugeot 206 reviews by year of make:1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2006 2007 2008 2010 2011 Read all reviews

D Jones, Isle of Anglesey

Peugeot 206 1.4 petrol 2003

Had this Peugeot 206 1.4 petrol from new (2003) and it’s been an excellent car over it’s 155K miles. The only major surgery needed was changing the cylinder head gasket on 150K. Being a DIY mechanic I found the car easy to self maintain and fix on most jobs. I did change clutch at 120K, but this was my own fault as I tried to pull a static caravan with the Pug :(. Had LPG fitted ages ago and it delivers 72 mpg on last calculation. The people side of Peugeot have been disappointing. Rude and pushy at times. This is the third Peugeot I have owned together with two Citroens covering roughly 350,000 miles in total. The only thing that ever went ’pop’ were cylinder heads x2, but the mileage was high on both cars. Wish my driving was as good as the cars reliability. Parts are cheap off eBay. I use my cars always to tow trailers without any issue.

Submitted: 2012-09-08 | ID: 44689

K C, Devon

Peugeot 206 5 Door 2003

One of the worst cars I have ever purchased. A waste of £3,500. I bought it with 42,000K in Oct 2009. It now has 68,000K now so it has low mileage for a 9 year old. Yet in that time I have spent at least £3,000 on major problems like head gasket, timing belt (should have been changed at 80,000, but went before I got to 55,000 miles), anti-roll bars and pins, radiator, rear axle passenger side bush and now the driver’s side is going too. It looks good and is nippy, but be warned it’s thirsty, even for a 1.4, and I have noticed the insurance seems to be higher than most cars, and I have been driving for 25yrs with 8yrs no claims or convictions. Stay away from these cars.

Well said mate, I couldn't agree with you more. These cars are rubbish and should not be allowed out of France. I bought the 1.4SW and after 5 mins of buying this pile of junk from the garage it had major problems. I managed to get it back to the garage in limp mode to be told it had a hole in the exhaust, but that doesn't make the bottom half of an engine shake or misfire. Three weeks later I noticed it was using 4 expansion tanks of water a day and once again took it back as I had a week`s warranty left and told them the head gasket was away. Problem after problem with it and now the wiper just stopped working. - scott campbell from Falkirk

Submitted: 2012-02-19 | ID: 44682

Terry Dixon, Lincolnshire

Peugeot 206 206 2003

Having just bought the car 2 weeks ago the first thing to go wrong was the fuel reading, I filled the tank to the top and I could see the fuel in the filler cap hole but the gauge stayed on 3/4 full, it never moved. The second problem I have now is with the drop arm anti roll bar linked to the n/s/f lower ball joint is knocking so I have just ordered 2 to do both sides the car has only done 54 k from new. My only niggle is the road noise after 30 mph is too bad to hear the radio and the faster you go the worse it gets, it’s as if the wheel bearing have all gone but they are ok. My other niggle is my size 11 feet with my left foot on the clutch, it hits the steering wheel rod as it goes through the floor to the rack, I hit my toe on it every time. All in all very good on fuel for a 13.60 engine and very powerful, the car goes round corners as if you’re on a go cart track, very smooth. The other problem is the rear seats, you have to take the lower rear seats out to get the rear back seat down to make it flat then you have know where to put the lower seats, poor build no thought gone in to this at all. A big come down from my Mondeo 1.8 verona; better on fuel, but more on insurance. For a smaller car that’s no good at all. I think that’s enough for now, phew!<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-05-13 | ID: 44675

Naji Pooh Poohee, England

Peugeot 206 2003

I got this car and my dreams came true. I love this car so much but it is a shame that it isn’t a female otherwise I would get married to it. That’s all. thanks for reading.

Submitted: 2010-02-27 | ID: 44670

Reece Hutchinson, County Londonderry

Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi 70 LX 2003

Hi, I bought my 206 1.4 HDi LX in late 2003 brand new and its has been fabulous to own, Excellent reliability and fantastic fuel economy. Plus the £35 per year tax is a huge bonus. I have over 130000 Miles on it and all I have had to do is change the T/Belt and service it regulary. One suggestion I would make is that if you hear a knocking noise from the area around the wheels it a drop link arm, they are cheap (£7) and easy to fix. The main cause is speed ramps, I hav 8 ramps to drive over to get to my housing development, just think how many times the car has been over them (Roughly 4 times a day) and the front one started to rattle recently, they have lasted nearly 7 years!! This is a great car for first time drivers and anybody who is thinking of changing their bigger cars for something smaller or newer. I’m not planning on changing anytime soon, i’ll drive the car into the ground before I get rid!! Will definately be buying the 207 in the near future

Submitted: 2010-02-24 | ID: 44671

Liz Stewart, East Lothian (Haddingtonshire)

Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI 2003

I adore my 206 - wouldn’t replace it for the world - £35 a YEAR for the tax, sailed through its MOT, and for a small car it’s really nippy and so pretty - fuel economy is amazing - even compared to the 1.3 fiesta I gave up for it. Love it, highly recommended!

Submitted: 2008-10-27 | ID: 44696

The latest Peugeot 206) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)