2002 Mondeo reviews

20 December 2014

2002 Ford Mondeo reviews

Ford Mondeo reviews by year of make:1993 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Read all reviews

Anthony A, Essex

Ford Mondeo 2000 - 2005

Owned my Mondeo 2 litre diesel turbo for a month now and even though I was not expecting a brilliant car being a twelve year old, I was however pleasantly surprised to find it had fully functioning electronics with a reliable and powerful engine, no turbo lag or loss of performance. comfortable on short trips or long motorway drives. Great fuel economy and doesn't hang about when you need to put your foot down. Personally speaking I have an automatic and I'm glad about that because I have been reliably informed that the manual is a bit of a pig on the clutch and gearbox. I have no complaints about the automatic transmission, it's smooth through all of it's five gear changes and has a manual over-ride if needed. I would not hesitate to suggest you could do allot worse if considering a cheap but potentially reliable run around. Sourcing parts seems to be without problem and relatively cheap too. TAX is well £265 a year and insurance for a 2 litre set me back £800ish fully comprehensive. with breakdown courtesy car.

Submitted: 2014-08-04 | ID: 100864

Chris Hall, Norfolk

Ford Mondeo Zetec tdci 2002

Rubbish car that I only kept for a total of 10 months. It was bought with 72k on the clock and used as a taxi. At 75k it needed a new clutch flywheel and starter motor. Then at 78k it needed new fuel injectors at £1,200. Nice. At 87k it started leaking oil. At 95K the car blew, the turbo and injectors had gone. Had to scrap it. Never again.

Submitted: 2011-07-22 | ID: 40323

Peter Piper, England

Ford Mondeo Ghia TDCI 130 2002

I bought this car in 2004 and have been delighted with it. HOWEVER, there are problems with these vehicles. Firstly, the engines should be regarded as very individual, by that I mean there are great examples and there are absolute lemons. You can’t judge all Mondeos by driving one example. Secondly, wind noise on the Mk3 is quite noticable on motorways. Drive at at least 60mph to see if you can live with it. Thirdly, there are likely to be problems with the car. There are lots of sensors and they can fail and cause it to run poorly or another or stop altogether. They can be fixed cheaply enough, but fault-finding can be labourious. So why have I just ordered my 3rd Mondeo? Simply because they are supremely engaging to drive yet very comfortable, very spacious inside, well-specified, the TDCI is both frugal and fast, and despite the warning niggles, the cars are generally very reliable. My advice is to buy a young TDCI with high miles, check the engine is smooth and free-revving, and enjoy a great car.

Submitted: 2010-10-04 | ID: 40301

The latest Ford Mondeo) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)