2000 Convoy reviews

27 November 2014

2000 LDV Convoy reviews

LDV Convoy reviews by year of make:1996 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 Read all reviews

David Pears, England

LDV Convoy 9 Seater Crew Cab / Splitter 2000

Company vehicle used for touring bands - have previously used Merc’s, Transits, VW’s - all ridiculously expensive. This was a genius buy. Picked her up 2nd hand for £2.5k - Only ever had one problem with it since new (in 3 years) fan/alternator belt thing went - RAC fixed it in 30 mins - cost: £20.00 Have travelled the length and breadth of Europe in this, carrying up to 9 people at a time plus a shed load of amps, drum equipment etc. Never skipped a beat. Yes - it’s not the most comfortable bus in the world but dirt cheap to run, hi top so doesn’t feel claustrophobic - deals with the hard life of a band van and all the knocks - built like a tank. Occasionally need to re tighten a few screws on the doors etc, as it rattles it’self loose. but for this kind of money - well - you can see why the army, air force, police and postal service use them.

Submitted: 2010-08-03 | ID: 42326

Martin Jenkins, England

LDV Convoy 2.8 low roof 2000

Bought the van in June 07 for a little over £1000, so a great deal cheaper than other makes. This has the Transit running gear which has always worked fine and never let me down yet. On buying the van I let my local garage replace the cam belt, flush out the rad, service, pads etc. The starter motor packed up in France in October 07 (bump start at the port); this was replaced on return with a Ford one (not the Korean one that LDV use). It is now just under 2 years old with MOT next week the paintwork/body are starting to look a little worn/rust spots but as its a builders van it does have a hard life. It has taken me and my tools to my house in Brittany many times fully loaded and still does 70 -75 on the motorway with tow bar fitted (bought for £60 on eBay, brand new) - tows fine as said before. It is a little dated but at least you can still work on it without the need for a laptop. I can say that I am pretty happy with the van but have been thinking of changing for the Maxus but will wait to see if LDV survive their current cash crisis (or us!)

Submitted: 2009-05-07 | ID: 42341

The latest LDV Convoy) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)