1994 Hiace reviews

31 October 2014

1994 Toyota Hiace reviews

Toyota Hiace reviews by year of make:1953 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Read all reviews

Bjorn, Netherlands

Toyota Hiace 1983 - 2006

I now own a Hiace 2.4D Van. Before me it was bought new by my Grandfather. It now has 162.218km on it in 18 years. My Grandfather always thrashed it maximum powerr all the time. The beautiful 2.4D engine loves to be thrashed. Now with 162.218 km on it it realy starts to work! Never anything wrong with it. It has been in my life for 18 years... well to me there is nothing better. I love the Hiace, I even call her my Green Queen. I will keep it as long as I can. I don`t want any modern rattlebox. 1. It fires up when you look at it (any type of weather) 2. Good fuel usage (1L for 14km *Diesel* 3. No oil usage 4. Maximum speed 145km.h 5. No problems with a hill. I have driven Merc/Ford/Renault/Iveco Vans, they all fail. Toyota Hiace 2.4D. It's Simply THE BEST!

Never get tired of reading these reviews, I ran a 2.4 diesel Hiace compact for seven years it was a superb van. And you are correct they are the best van on the road, I now have run a 2.5 diesel D4D Hiace for nearly seven years and will only replace it with another Toyota. - Chris Holt from Yorkshire

Submitted: 2014-08-22 | ID: 101910

simon, Cornwall

Toyota Hiace 1983 - 2006

Had my 1996 hi ace for 7 yrs it only let me down once when the battery failed easy fix! it never failed an MOT and i didn't have to touch it, it never ever went wrong, i didn't even have to change exhaust/brake pads/shoes in 7yrs!!!!just servicing , without doubt the toughest most reliable vehicle i have ever owned, even ran sweet on neat cooking oil (when i could get it) alas its achilles heal was its thirst for juice and eventually i let it go for a fiat scudo which is superb on fuel but nowhere near as well built, if i could afford a much newer one i,d definitely have another.

Submitted: 2014-07-24 | ID: 100310

Graham Voss, Buckinghamshire

Toyota Hiace Super Custom Limited 1994

What a motor. Having always been a Volvo driver I was dubious at buying this as a campervan version. I imported it from Japan and, with 19,000 miles on the clock at 14 years old, with no rust it was a steal of a bargain. The 2.8 diesel automatic is as smooth as silk, though quite sluggish. There is a turbo model available and worth the extra expense. Fuel economy is rather poor at 22mpg overall. Then again the campervan version weighs over 2 ton so not bad I suppose. The ride comfort is superb, like riding in an armchair. The position is good, high up, though I would have lied more in front of me. The handling is smooth and positive. Parts are readily available despite it being an import and quite old. Maximum waiting time is 2 days for all major bits. This is a vehicle that you change your driving habits with. You have to notch yourself down a peg and enjoy the ride.

Submitted: 2008-11-21 | ID: 48166

The latest Toyota Hiace) deals on our sister site ContractHireAndLeasing.com (links open in a new window)